The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #31
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
no it doesnt cancel it out tbh .. Nintendo IP for example >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything on pc tbh for the average gamer. Yeah there some great ex titles on pc, but nothing that the average gamer cares about .. if they did it would be on console as well .. Diablo 3 is a prime example, i'll put good money on the next blizzard MMO being multi platform as well.

I'm afraid it does cancel out. You're of the opinion that nintendo exclusives beat any pc exclusive series. I'm of the opposite opinion because I dont actually enjoy majority, if not all, of nintendo exclusive titles. You might be all shock and wonder at that, but why should I enjoy them just because you as a console gamer for example do? I know plenty of pc gamers who just look at nintendo games and walk away. Nothing to do with them being kiddy or whatever lame excuses some bring up. ITs just not the style of games we'd play.

Where you look at nintendo titles as the be all end all to look forward to, I look forward to other stuff. Total War series, Football Manager series, starcraft, Sims - yes its on consoles but fuck that, the store and everything is pc joy along with all the expansions. Civilization, 'specific MMO', Neverwinter Nights, X series, Amnesia series, Kings Bounty, point and click adventure games, theres really too many to list so with some I used genres instead. I look forward to all of those games about 10 times more then any zelda. And hell if they ever release a Homeworld 3, ALL of nintendos exclusives combined wouldnt keep me from it.

So going on that yes, it cancels out. But still the reason I buy my consoles are for those specific handful of exclusives. But where as I'd play maybe 10-15 games on my ps3, my PC reaches 70.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #32
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

He wasn't saying he preferred it, he was saying the average gamer does. If you sat an Xbox gamer in front of Gears of War, or any other game with explosions and guns and blood, or Neverwinter Nights 2, guess which one he'll pick to play?

I prefer PC exclusives as a whole. I love Mario, Zelda, and the rest, but if I got told I could only own one gaming platform, I'd pick PC in a heartbeat. Luckily I don't have to do that.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #33
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I'm afraid it does cancel out. You're of the opinion that nintendo exclusives beat any pc exclusive series. I'm of the opposite opinion because I dont actually enjoy majority, if not all, of nintendo exclusive titles. You might be all shock and wonder at that, but why should I enjoy them just because you as a console gamer for example do? I know plenty of pc gamers who just look at nintendo games and walk away. Nothing to do with them being kiddy or whatever lame excuses some bring up. ITs just not the style of games we'd play.

Where you look at nintendo titles as the be all end all to look forward to, I look forward to other stuff. Total War series, Football Manager series, starcraft, Sims - yes its on consoles but fuck that, the store and everything is pc joy along with all the expansions. Civilization, 'specific MMO', Neverwinter Nights, X series, Amnesia series, Kings Bounty, point and click adventure games, theres really too many to list so with some I used genres instead. I look forward to all of those games about 10 times more then any zelda. And hell if they ever release a Homeworld 3, ALL of nintendos exclusives combined wouldnt keep me from it.

So going on that yes, it cancels out. But still the reason I buy my consoles are for those specific handful of exclusives. But where as I'd play maybe 10-15 games on my ps3, my PC reaches 70.

are you average gamer on the street ?? no your a pc fanboy ... you clearly missed the point.

i think you will find average .. who lets be honest probebly between them spend most the cash thats spent on games will not even know what Civilization, Neverwinter Nights, X series, Amnesia series, Kings Bounty are .. let alone care ..

you list NWN like its a series that just keeps going it came out in 2006, its hardly a series, and X (waits for the rage) is console bound if i'm not mistaken.

so no it doesnt cancel it out in the grand scheme of things .. it might for YOU . but not the vast majority of gamers.
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #34
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...y-of-PC-Gaming
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #35
darren
... lol

what a big fatty he is
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 02-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #36
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Sterling nails it :p
Old 02-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #37
darren
... lol

he clearly needs a treadmill and to lay off the pies
Old 02-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #38
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

You think so? I haven't noticed.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #39
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

That's not a problem with PC Gaming, that's a problem with the perception of PC Gaming that non-PC gamers generally have. Silly people. More than graphics make us the Master Race.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #40
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
Yeah you can't emulate them yet, and we're nowhere close either. As I was explaining to people in the backwards compatibility thread, emulation isn't anywhere close to being simple. PCs that can play Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2 maxed struggle to emulate even PS2 games, let alone a PS3 game. It probably won't be achieved till we're perhaps playing on the PS5 and Xbox 1080.
Xbox 1080 would be a rip off that I would never buy. They always double it, but then you're going from only 720 to 1080, so it's only half ass console.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #41
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Oh yeah, shit. Lol. I was going off res size. 720 to 1080.

Well, the Xbox 1440 then. It just rolls off your tongue, don't it?
Old 02-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #42
Alucard

Quote:
are you average gamer on the street ?? no your a pc fanboy ... you clearly missed the point.

i think you will find average .. who lets be honest probebly between them spend most the cash thats spent on games will not even know what Civilization, Neverwinter Nights, X series, Amnesia series, Kings Bounty are .. let alone care ..

you list NWN like its a series that just keeps going it came out in 2006, its hardly a series, and X (waits for the rage) is console bound if i'm not mistaken.

so no it doesnt cancel it out in the grand scheme of things .. it might for YOU . but not the vast majority of gamers.

You're confused. Your 'average' gamer is a 360 gamer. Most of the run of the mill plebs with zero brain activity are on that system. Plenty of these guys dont care about nintendo exclusives and call the console a kiddy console. The ones that do care arent your average gamer.

NWN was an example, though what should of said was PC styled D&D rpgs. The last one was technically in 2008 which was the last expansion. NWN2 had 2.5 expansions, NWN1 had 3. The expansions werent short either. I think I spent around 25/30 hours on the first NWN2 expansion. At least.

The thing is if these so called 'gamers' actually played games, they'd be familiar with all these other pc games. What they're doing is pretty much zoning out and secluding themselves in what they know, confidently palming the rest of the whatever industry as crap and not worth it as they are content where they are. these arent gamers. They're specific company whores. Now its all well and good to enjoy japanese stuff. But thats a different gamer altogether.

And surprisingly the pc DOES have quite a lot of japanese rpgs on it. They're just not translated into english. I saw like 4 7ft bookshelves stacked from shelf to bottom shelf of japanese rpgs in one of the game stores when I visited there. Some of them are meant to be godly. I guess for those who love japanese rpgs to death and nothing else, my question is Why dont you know about all these jrpgs on the pc, and secondly why havent you learned japanese so as to play your favourite genre.

SLACKERS all around me!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #43
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
nope its the real thing/legal copy .. running through dolphin .

dolphin will even let you use official controller and sensor bars if you want .. very cool indeed .. i have a 3rd party sensor bar and wiimote/nunchuk for stuff that needs that .. f**K not playing wii games in fullHD on a big screen tbh
how do you get dolphin to run the retail copy? I wanted to do this but it doesn't work according to their website and it must be a pirated copy.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #44
darren
... lol

you need a certain dvd reader and lg one, otherwise like me you need to dump the wii dvd to hdd and do it that way using that wiidump sw

tbh i was gonna dl a few isos over the weekend but they are 4-6gb each and would takes weeks here hardly anyone seems to be serving them .. so i cant be arsed . Xeno only cost me 22 from amazon.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #45
Zack

dolphin and pcsx2 emulators are the best games for pc
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote