The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 01-06-2021, 04:31 PM   #1
Rubeus

Microsoft is asking people if they want to see PS5 DualSense features in Xbox control

Click for full size

Quote:
Microsoft is asking people if they want to see PS5 DualSense features in Xbox controllers

Sure, but the controller is good as-is too

The new console wars have begun, and we are all winning this battle.

This generation, it feels like there's something for everyone. PC is still an ever-present constant. VR is gaining traction on some platforms. The Switch offers up a long-term Nintendo experience that shows no signs of tanking anytime soon (sorry, Wii U). The PS5 seems to be doing well right now. And Microsoft climbed out of the depths of despair with the Xbox One launch and is rocking it with Game Pass. There's options.

Microsoft, however, is arguably the king of options. The DualSense is a great controller, don't get me wrong, but I really love the fact that basically all of my existing Xbox hardware works on the Series X/S. It makes everything so easy when I want to jack up a local player count or try out a controller I haven't played with in a while. But Microsoft might be trying something new down the road.

According to Tech Radar, the publisher sent out a fan survey asking if they wanted to see new features for future Xbox controllers. Specifically, the survey seems to inquire about "PlayStation controller" features that users would like to see in future iterations, and whether or not the Xbox Series X controller (with its dedicated share button) is "next-gen enough."

I have to say, I'm satisfied with both the Series X and PS5. I actually swap between both quite often now, in part because my Series X has a lot more space after I invested in the SSD storage solution. We're spoiled for choice, but if Microsoft does add these features to a future controller just to compete, we'll have even more options down the line.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...s-615874.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:11 PM   #2
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

The swippable rectangle is actually useful but the other stuff just keep it out. Just battery munching bullshit.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:45 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yah, I don't want it either, gimmick shit is never supported much after launch.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:47 AM   #4
Rubeus

People said Microsoft is really trying to add Dual Sense support on Xbox Series X|S, instead of making a new controller for XSX|S
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:13 AM   #5
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
What use does it have? other than "cool" factor?
Look at motion controls, most games don't even use them anymore even when the system comes with it, ie Joycons.
I don't know why they haven't learned that this gimmick shit sucks and people get bored of them after a few months.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:01 AM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Did any of you actually play Astro on PS5? Cause that game shows the features are pretty good. The new vibration, the shoulder buttons with resistance and the sound on the controller are brilliant in that game. I hope we see more making use of it.

The battery seems to last a long time too. Compared to the DS4 anyways.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:31 PM   #7
spider-prime

The joycons were "cool" too with it's 3D rumble. You still don't see it in any games after launch.