The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 11-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #5521
bujeezus

steam sales over the last 2 weeks or so. gauntlet, killer is dead and shadow warrior. kid an sw are fun as hell. gauntlet is kicking my ass for some reason. can't even get passed the first fucking level...
Old 11-07-2014, 03:03 AM   #5522
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Shadow Warrior is fun but if you've played Serious Sam 3 it's basically a re-skinned SS3, the same way the original was Duke Nukem.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #5523
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastmonk View Post
I've been mostly playing the PS3/4 and PC for the last couple years (some 360). I bought the Operation Rainfall collection and I've been using my 3DS, but there wasn't anything that made me want to purchase a Wii U. Zelda is going to be a while and that's one of the reasons I bought the Wii U. I wrote my reason for purchasing the Wii U Deluxe model was just for Bayonetta 2 on Club Nintendo. I only paid $269.99 from Buy.com.

I didn't use my Wii that often. I bought it for Smash brothers and I sold it for a while. I repurchased once again for Skyward Sword. I was even like that with the GC. I had it at launch, then sold it, then bought a used GC for Twilight Princess. I've switched a lot to buying digital for major multiplatform games on console. I love the VC for the Wii U too. I've just owned a lot of the games before on their platforms.

The good games will come in time, but Bayonetta 2 was one of the main reasons I bought the console. It made my final choice.

I bought this today for $5 at Walmart. You know where they have all the pop culture and movie posters? That wrack that opens like a large book? I also bought the frame for around $8 as well. I have the game preordered and I thought the poster looked good.

Devil's Third should be interesting. Itagaki really did Team Ninja a lot of good. I'm looking forward to Suda51's "Let it Die". I just hate false hopes. lol
Ah, so it was the swan song that led to the last drop on the purchase decision.

Theres alot of hate going for the Wii U, but Nintendo is a company full of money. They will keep the Wii U around until they feel customers and their developers are satisfied.

Actually, just recently Reggie said the Wii U is not going anywhere soon:
http://wiiudaily.com/2014/11/reggie-...-of-potential/

So, there will be more games after Zelda U. Miyamoto also said that they have several joint projects going after the sucess of Hyrule Warriors.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:32 AM   #5524
Northeastmonk

I also pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIII-2 on GMG because I received a coupon for 25% off. I've owned it for 360, but I want the Steam versions of the trilogy.

Last edited by Northeastmonk; 11-12-2014 at 03:57 AM.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #5525
bujeezus

gog.com sales. mdk, mdk 2 and astebreed. woohoo!
Old 11-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #5526
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Going to be starting Assassin's Creed Rogue and Tales of Hearts R at the weekend. I'll give Halo a spin as well.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #5527
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
Going to be starting Assassin's Creed Rogue and Tales of Hearts R at the weekend. I'll give Halo a spin as well.
I heard Rogue is a much darker version of AC. Some of the parts I hear also reflect AC4, which isn't bad considering you're in the Atlantic. I'm currently playing Unity. I like being on land.

I also bought Freedom Wars for Vita.

I'm not quite sure what to think about Freedom Wars. It's good, but you have the Monster Hunter series already.

Last edited by Northeastmonk; 11-17-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #5528
Nem
Smash bro!

Got tales of hearts R on the Vita. The game is such a perfect fit for the Vita. It feels like the PS2 era Tales games. Hopefully they bring Innocence R aswell. The Vita is finally feeling like it was worth it.

If next year we see continued support it will be grand. If Xseed brings legend of heroes sen 1 and 2, Ys 8, Sword art online 2 and if by some miracle SEGA brings phantasy star nova, it will be a great year for the Vita again.

Last edited by Nem; 11-18-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:49 AM   #5529
Northeastmonk

Old 11-18-2014, 05:07 AM   #5530
Nem
Smash bro!

I got the PS4 version pre-ordered. Should arrive on the weekend.

Sadly i have been so busy with Warlords of draenor that i dont have time for much else.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #5531
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

I got AC Unity and Far Cry 4 for PS4. Haven't played FC4 yet but I really love Unity. It plays like a completely different game compare to its predecessors. This is also probably the prettiest game I've ever seen. Just taking a stroll through this recreation of late 18th century Paris is a joy in itself. The attention to detail is simply amazing with some truly gorgeous lighting effects.

I also like the new combat system. There is a lot more 'weight' behind it so its not so easy anymore just take on mobs of enemies with a lenient parry move. Its still a bit floaty and 'off' but I like the greater sense of risk/reward that encounters now are.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #5532
Nem
Smash bro!

Is the FPS as bad as the videos makes it look?
Old 11-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #5533
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

There is an occasional dip at high angles and when there is lots of shit going on underneath(probably b/c rendering so much environmental detail, online and crowd activity at the same time is taxing the system). But other than that I played the game over 15 hours and didn't encounter any framerate issues that really tampered the experience for me. And even so Ubi is apparently working on a patch to help resolve these issues.

Framerate is definitely not as bad as some people make it out to be, though obviously experiences do differ. So maybe better to wait till the game is all patched up.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #5534
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I just got Azure Striker Gunvolt on the 3DS eshop and a ton of other games cause target had a buy 2 gift cards get 20% off, so I bought 2 50 dollar eshop cards for the hell of it, quite a few games I wanted tp play and some VC games of games I've never played before.

Game is probably one of the better 2d platformers I've played in a long time, it gives the feel that this is how Megaman X should have turned into to.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:35 AM   #5535
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I actually got Assassin's Creed Unity for the PS4 but posted a XB1 packshot, heh...