The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #5506
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Going straight into Shadow Warrior before starting Bayonetta after The Evil Within'
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #5507
Nem
Smash bro!

I had not played a FIFA game for what is probably a decade, until this years world cup game. It became very realistic, but i didnt have any fun playing it. It made me think that i would rather just watch the real thing.

I would like to get Bayonetta 2 aswell. We shall see when it will be possible.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #5508
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I mainly play FIFA in multiplayer and generally have a blast.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #5509
flamingspiral
Watch Out!

Found both at Best Buy for 15$. I`ve heard mixed things about Remember Me, looks interedting so I`m giving it a shot.
flamingspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #5510
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
I mainly play FIFA in multiplayer and generally have a blast.
And you dont find the AI infuriating? To me it feels that wether you score a goal or not goes through an internal check of wether it should allow you to score or not. After a while, the number of close calls becomes ridiculous and frustrating.

Even against other players i felt the same frustration from my AI team mates. Good for a short laugh, but i am competitive and when the game is making it impossible to score to make it more "realistic" its frustrating. Its almost completely random who wins, as it will depend on the behaviour of your AI team mates and this internal roll that decides whether the game allows you to score or dramatically make a close call for the 10th time.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:23 PM   #5511
Nem
Smash bro!

I got Bayonetta 2 for Wii U (Sorry Mr Polygon reporter, you're just gonna have to deal with that) and Freedom wars for the Vita, wich was a total impulse buy.

Last edited by Nem; 11-01-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:41 AM   #5512
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Lords of the Fallen I'm starting later today. Looks interesting though I'm expecting more of a action RPG rather then a major Dark Souls clone.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #5513
Nem
Smash bro!

By the way, Freedom Wars is like the last chance i'm giving hunting games. I saw good reviews, story heavy, shooting + slashing, etc, wich made me hopeful that this time its gonna be something that doesnt get terribly grindy and boring.

So far its been feeling better than the others. Its incredibly slow paced and has a million tutorials aka japanese extreme hand holding, but so far its been feeling alright.

We shall see how it develops.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:25 AM   #5514
Northeastmonk

Bayonetta 2 is the swan song of the Wii U. I just picked up a 32 GB Deluxe model and a few titles.

This pic is a few days old, but it's the latest PS4 game I purchased.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #5515
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Like I said, you will probably hate ZombiU. Hope you didn't pay too much for it. Next you need to buy Wonderful 101! That's cheap now at least.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:46 AM   #5516
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
Like I said, you will probably hate ZombiU. Hope you didn't pay too much for it. Next you need to buy Wonderful 101! That's cheap now at least.
The total came to $9.82 used. I will get Wonderful 101 sometime in the near future.

I also bought this a month or so ago. I bring it up because I thought some of you might be interested in the topic. It was part of a Kickstarter project that ended ages ago. It was also featured on Hardcore gaming 101. http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/jap...andvd.htm#book and it can be purchased on Amazon. There is also a DvD set that's still available on the HCG101's website. The DvD's are around $65.60 USD.

Last edited by Northeastmonk; 11-07-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:35 AM   #5517
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I couldn't get into Lords of the Fallen I played it for about 13hrs and found it to be slow and dull. The levels were pretty boring in there designs and there was almost no story in the time I played. Even though my strength was pretty high I found the combat to be painfully slow unless I equiped my staff even though I was a warrior.

Anyway I quickly sold it to get my money back.

Last edited by Escaflowne2001; 11-06-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #5518
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastmonk View Post
Bayonetta 2 is the swan song of the Wii U. I just picked up a 32 GB Deluxe model and a few titles.
Why is it the swan song? Theres Devil's third, Zelda U and Xenoblade X coming next year, plus surprises. The Wii U is not about to drop dead. There wont be many multiplats, but who buys a Nintendo system for those?
Old 11-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #5519
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I'd be surprised if The Devil's Third actually ever comes out to be honest and I'll be even more surprised if it's actually any good after all this time.

The WiiU's been dieing for along time there's just nothing happening apart from the odd game at the moment I'm only looking forward to Xenoblade (Q3/
Q4 2015) and Zelda U (most likely 2016). That's a lot of dust collecting in between compared to the games coming out on the PS4/XB1 it is a disaster.

Edit: That Kirby game should be OK to but the release is long delayed after the US release for some reason.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #5520
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Why is it the swan song? Theres Devil's third, Zelda U and Xenoblade X coming next year, plus surprises. The Wii U is not about to drop dead. There wont be many multiplats, but who buys a Nintendo system for those?
I've been mostly playing the PS3/4 and PC for the last couple years (some 360). I bought the Operation Rainfall collection and I've been using my 3DS, but there wasn't anything that made me want to purchase a Wii U. Zelda is going to be a while and that's one of the reasons I bought the Wii U. I wrote my reason for purchasing the Wii U Deluxe model was just for Bayonetta 2 on Club Nintendo. I only paid $269.99 from Buy.com.

I didn't use my Wii that often. I bought it for Smash brothers and I sold it for a while. I repurchased once again for Skyward Sword. I was even like that with the GC. I had it at launch, then sold it, then bought a used GC for Twilight Princess. I've switched a lot to buying digital for major multiplatform games on console. I love the VC for the Wii U too. I've just owned a lot of the games before on their platforms.

The good games will come in time, but Bayonetta 2 was one of the main reasons I bought the console. It made my final choice.

I bought this today for $5 at Walmart. You know where they have all the pop culture and movie posters? That wrack that opens like a large book? I also bought the frame for around $8 as well. I have the game preordered and I thought the poster looked good.

Devil's Third should be interesting. Itagaki really did Team Ninja a lot of good. I'm looking forward to Suda51's "Let it Die". I just hate false hopes. lol