The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-16-2014, 12:02 AM   #5416
javi

Here's what I bought in the last couple of months:

(my toes not included)
Other Shows Watching: Arrow, The Blacklist, Doctor Who, Fear The Walking Dead, The Flash, Gotham, Into the Badlands, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #5417
Nem
Smash bro!

I got my free game with MK8.

And the winner was... Monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Goodbye life... i'm gonna try not to buy anything else until Xillia 2. I already bit way more than i can chew. I dont have enough time to play all these games so i dunno how this is gonna pan out. XD
Old 06-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #5418
Paper exe
Pwnd

Don't know but I don't think you'll find much people playing around that time.

Also the Wii community are awful full with rude noobz. It was an awful experience, but luckily I often play with my cousins
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #5419
Nem
Smash bro!

Its the Wii U one. My experience with MK8 online has been good, but i'm not sure i will go online on MH. I have fun going at my pace with the feline companios.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #5420
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #5421
Nem
Smash bro!

I got diablo 3 for the pc on sale and the reaper of souls expansion.

Last edited by Nem; 06-22-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #5422
javi

Other Shows Watching: Arrow, The Blacklist, Doctor Who, Fear The Walking Dead, The Flash, Gotham, Into the Badlands, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:18 AM   #5423
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Old 06-27-2014, 07:45 AM   #5424
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Sniper Elite V2 was somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine(mediocre shooter but the fantastic sniping and X-ray kill cam elevated the experience for me) and this game actually improves on the previous one in a lot of ways. Controls are better, standard weapons(handgun, machine gun) are better to handle and the game looks generally better. Now this isn't 'next-gen' by any stretch of the imagination since its pretty obvious they are on a budget here, but within these limited means they are pretty good.

I played through the first 3 missions and the biggest difference I noticed is that the levels are much more open-ended with various objectives hidden across branching paths. There are way too many invisible walls to consider this game 'open world' but the strength of the levels is in the lay-out: there are huge distances to cover in which you can put your sniping skills to the test. And even the X-ray kill cam has more animations so it entices to get even more ehmmm....creative. :p

All in all great game espescially for fans of the series. I'm glad they fixed a lot of the issues that held back the previous game though budget constraints are still somewhat apparent(espescially in regard to texture quality and invisible walls). But anyways, if you enjoyed sniper elite V2(which, despite all its blemishes, I personally loved) I doubt you'll be disappointed by this one.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #5425
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Old 07-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #5426
Nem
Smash bro!

You find the most obscure PSP games esca. Never heard of Vulcanus but it sounds intriguing.

Anyways, i got WRC4 for the Vita on the PSN sale. Its a really good game. This developer (milestone) seems to be gathering a cult following with their racing sports games. They arent heavily advertised games nor are they the most graphically impressive, but the gameplay, presentation and content show alot of quality. Heck, it even has a rewind feature, wich i wasnt even expecting.
I'm looking forward to what they might be able to do in the future. Hopefully they dont bankrupt or something.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #5427
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

I got Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly from PSN. The excellent horror game Outlast left me wanting for more. Never played a Fatal Frame game before but apparently this is supposed to be the scariest. :p
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:20 AM   #5428
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Purchased Otemedius Excellent for the Xbox 360 for super cheap. It's OK. It's certainly no Gradius 5. In fact the graphics are much more low-budget than Gradius 5 which was on the PS2. Everything about this game is low budget. Not sure why I'm playing super-happy anime girls flying on ships. Why are they so happy and why are they nearly nude? I not an anime nerd so I really don't understand the appeal of super-happy anime girls. Sure, some of them are built and look nice but that's as far as the appeal goes. The giant eyeballs do nothing for me. There do not seem to be men in this world. Why do modern-generation gamers hate 2D sprites so much? I think this would be a much better game with 2D sprite artwork. I'd be OK with the polygon backgrounds I guess even though they're super low budget. Like worse than Dreamcast low-budget looking. The game seems to have unlimited continues so it's easy to walk through this game.

Also picked up Blaz Blue Calamity Guilty Gear XXX Reloaded. Or whatever it's called. It's the first game. Is it pronounced Blaz as in Blah? This one is better than the low-budget Konami shooter that had a total budget of $100. Unfortunately I am disappointed in the music because Guilty Gear had a bunch of great tunes. Well, a few anyway. I can't even remember the music here except that it wasn't memorable. The animation is good but the control kind of sucks. Still, for super-cheap I guess I am glad to have it. Love the 2D artwork. Looks MUCH better than it would if the characters were polygons and that cannot be argued.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:16 AM   #5429
Dj Jimmi Zero

You should get Blazblue: Chronophantasma when it goes on sale, it's the most recent game in the series. CT doesn't have as good a soundtrack as GG does, but some songs are great, like Bang's hero theme, it's sung by one of the Jam Poject members.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #5430
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroopwafel View Post
I got Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly from PSN. The excellent horror game Outlast left me wanting for more. Never played a Fatal Frame game before but apparently this is supposed to be the scariest. :p
It was. Sae is as creepy as hell popping up all over the game when you least expect it. You should still play the others in the series if you like it though.

The whole feeling and setting of exploring the village is creepy and set up to scare you and the canon ending that Fatal Frame 3 uses is WOW. and Fatal Frame 3 only makes it worse.

You should play the games FF2, FF, FF3, FF4.