The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #5356
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
RIP SavedFromSin (2004-2014)
It was a good 10 year run....if you want me I will be the half naked woman running around FF14.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:22 AM   #5357
Dj Jimmi Zero

I had forgot how much I didn't like FFX towards the end, I also bought the digital version, so I can't trade it in when I'm done. I used the expert grid this time, so far it's a straight port. The work SE did on the main character models makes them seem out of place, the framerate is exactly the same as it was on the PS2, the cut-scenes and fmv's can't be skipped, and the load times are longer than they originally were on the PS2, even my bootleg of international loads faster on my PS2. I'm restarting with the normal sphere grid to run through the game as soon as possible just to get the trophy for learning the al bhed language. I honestly feel like skipping X and going straight to X-2, oh yeah, there is no option for Japanese voices. I feel like it's a pretty weak HD port, not as bad as ZoEHD or Splinter Cell and PoPHD, but still damn lazy.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #5358
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

90% of HD ports are lazy since there outsourced to some other company that has no love for the games at all. Final Fantasy X and X-2 wasco-develeped by some company called Virtuos.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #5359
Dj Jimmi Zero

I guess Okami, God of War: Saga, Sly Collection, MGS:HD Collection, Ratchet and Clank HD and Jak and Daxter HD represent the other 10% then.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:27 PM   #5360
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Jimmi Zero View Post
I guess Okami, God of War: Saga, Sly Collection, MGS:HD Collection, Ratchet and Clank HD and Jak and Daxter HD represent the other 10% then.
Okami was done by the same people that did Zone Of Enders (and the dreadful The 3rd Birthday).

I think it mainly depends on the games and how much help the publishers give the outsourced company. There are far more poor ones then good ones though I would say.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:14 AM   #5361
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Old 04-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #5362
bujeezus

psn had a "flash sale". picked up the original crash bandicoot trilogy as well as the original spyro trilogy, gex enter the gecko, tales of monkey island and super stardust hd for $10 total.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #5363
Nem
Smash bro!

My problem with sales on PSN these days are not the prices. Its that i dont have time to play all that.

I have actually made alot of progress on my backcatalog in the last 2 years. I must say its quite the relief when you dont have too much baggage left behind (though i still have plenty, but now it feels more under control).

Its actually been quite good that the new gen isnt exactly taking off yet in terms of games. It gives me time to catch up. Something that didnt go so well with the PS2 to 360 transition. I actually had to sell some PS2 games that i thought i wanted to play but they just werent that interesting anymore.

I remember Shadow hearts covenant, Magna carta, rogue galaxy... they were just too slow paced and i didnt have time.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #5364
bujeezus

yeah i know what you mean. i don't have the time either but i just couldn't pass those up. so far i've just dabbled in the crash and gex games and they are just as good as i remembered them but spyro has really grabbed me. about 50% thru the first. i don't know why i ever got rid of them in the first place.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #5365
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
I remember Shadow hearts covenant, Magna carta, rogue galaxy... they were just too slow paced and i didnt have time.
Ah! man could never do that still got quite a few PS2 games myself to play. Just a couple here and there. Slot them in wherever I can. Shadow Hearts 2 was a really good game.

Since it was 2 on shopto.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #5366
bujeezus

so ubisoft had a batman anniversary sale with some titles 75% off. i picked up the pc version of batman origins: blackgate for $5. i am so not ever gonna be able to post in the games you've beaten thread...
Old 04-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #5367
flamingspiral
Watch Out!

Been meaning to give this a shot. Hopefully the extra content in Dark Arisen will give me a reason to have waited.
flamingspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:06 AM   #5368
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingspiral View Post

Been meaning to give this a shot. Hopefully the extra content in Dark Arisen will give me a reason to have waited.
You remind me i forgot to post that.I got it for 12 euros on the recent PSN sale.

I have been enjoying it.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #5369
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Old 05-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #5370
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Basic yet addictive pixel based dogfighting game with great music.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (Zen9 5950x, 64GB, RTX 3090), PS5
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote