The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 05-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #4906
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Sounds like you need to play Borderlands then.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #4907
Beam
~The Last Of The Old Guard~

resistance: fall of man

resistance 2

killzone 2

PSN: Beam_626

Twitter: Beam626
Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #4908
Nem
Smash bro!

I got God Eater Burst for Vita (psp game).
I'll update with a pic when i have time, im posting on my vita atm.
edit: here it is.

Really surprised with the game. It fixed most of the issues i have with monster hunter.

I just realised that that didnt get published by Namco (in the Us apparantly, thats the screenshot i posted), but by D3. There might be hope for God Eater 2 on the Vita.

Last edited by Nem; 05-20-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #4909
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Glad they ported this game to consoles and hopefully this is indeed the Resident Evil game that can bring some dignity back to the series.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #4910
Nem
Smash bro!

Its quite good. It probably still has the portable structure though, wich is good for the "story so far" segments but bad cause it cuts the pace in several little bits.

Good game though, i especially enjoyed the last level. It reminded me of the old and good Silent hill and Resident evil games.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #4911
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

brought a bunch of download games including Black Rock Shooter (PSP), Generations of Chaos 6 (PSP), Code Of Princess (3DS), Crash City Mayhem (3DS) and The Starship Damrey (3DS).
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #4912
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (Zen9 5950x, 64GB, RTX 3090), PS5
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #4913
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
I got God Eater Burst for Vita (psp game).
I'll update with a pic when i have time, im posting on my vita atm.
edit: here it is.

Really surprised with the game. It fixed most of the issues i have with monster hunter.

I just realised that that didnt get published by Namco (in the Us apparantly, thats the screenshot i posted), but by D3. There might be hope for God Eater 2 on the Vita.
Is this game any good? I'm not that huge of a fan of Monster Hunter. But does it have more of a story to it?
I was thinking of getting it, I saw it in my ebgames and I was going to pick it up to play later but I stopped wanted to make sure it isn't just a too much monster hunter clone.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #4914
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
Is this game any good? I'm not that huge of a fan of Monster Hunter. But does it have more of a story to it?
I was thinking of getting it, I saw it in my ebgames and I was going to pick it up to play later but I stopped wanted to make sure it isn't just a too much monster hunter clone.
My opinion is that its alot better than Monster Hunter.

The combat pace is faster, you wont be wasting time farming nodes (the only thing you farm are relics in the ground and takes half a second to collect and only 1 animation). The game has a heavy story in a post apocalyptic world and deals with death, loss and intrigue. The fast and heavy attacks can be mixed in and out at will aswell. The combat is fast and fluid compared to MH.
Also the combat is unique in the way that you have a blade that transforms into a gun at will. The gun uses up a green bar of resources and you refill it by landing melee attacks. You can also do a special attack on the enemies called devour that gives you a temporary boost, special shots for the gun and double jump (yeah theres a jump and a dash/dodge button like the one from MH).
All the customising is done in the base. You can enhance or create new weapons there and it uses items wether they are in the storage or inventory. You can also merge bullet types to get more powerful bullets but it can be complicated (im sure there are guides for it online, but its not something necessary to advance in the game).

Lastly the game has party members wich you take with you on missions, AI controlled. They are actually quite good. Some of them have healing bullets to help keep you up.
So, the game is very focused on the combat wich follows a pattern of melee attacks> devour> fire bullets (damage or healing ones on your party members)> melee attacks. I find it incredibly satisfying, especially when im healing my party members back. If you die you can be revived by one of your party member paying half of his hp. I belive you have 2 or 3 respawns after that, wich is the same as MH. You can also revive them with the same method.
The music gets alot better on difficult level 2 or 3 i believe. The inital theme on the base was a bit annoying but it changed so no complaints anymore. The combat music is very sastisfying. Also did i mention an anime intro? ;) There might be more anime footage, but i havent reached any yet. There is also a prelude anime of 10m that you can watch subbed on youtube. Just search god eater anime. It will put you right in the mood.
Theres also a shield for blocking attacks but i dont use it at all (im very offense oriented and i tend to die a bit). I'm still at the end of difficulty level 3, so i still got plenty to go, but i'm loving the game. But, as you can see its considerably different from MH in gameflow. Also God Eater 2 looks amazing and even better with blood arts. Hopefully it gets localised.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #4915
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

FYI D3 Publisher is are studio that Namco Bandai brought and sometimes uses to publish budget releases.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #4916
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Fuse is by Insomniac? Really liked the Resistance games so maybe I should check that one out. :p
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #4917
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

There is a demo on XBlive and most likely PSN.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #4918
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
My opinion is that its alot better than Monster Hunter.
Awesome, I might pick it up.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #4919
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
brought a bunch of download games including Black Rock Shooter (PSP), Generations of Chaos 6 (PSP), Code Of Princess (3DS), Crash City Mayhem (3DS) and The Starship Damrey (3DS).
How is GoC 6?

Starship damrey was good but was not worth it for an hour of gameplay...I never got stuck and finished it very quickly.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #4920
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I bought Vanquish, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Persona (PSP) for cheap a week or two ago. Finally got around to playing MGS4 and Vanquish today. Vanquish is total shit. I regret buying it even for cheap. I only bought it because I had heard lots of good reviews and no bad reviews on it (plus it was just a few bucks). I need to keep in mind that modern gamers are completely happy with absolute shit. MGS4 was OK so far. Sound mix is perhaps a little too heavy on the subs. I did think it was interesting that both MGS4 and Vanquish have a giant hard on for cigarettes. At least Snake is an interesting character.

I tried Persona last week and it was OK. The music is odd. I could not, for the life of me, figure out the battles. I didn't have any fight options. I could only console or cuddle the zombies or some shit like that.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote