The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #4441
justin_credible

cool I love framerate drops and frustrating technical issues, so let's see if you keep your word and not argue because I love them with all my heart I want to marry them.

But my heart throbs the most for small draw distances.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #4442
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
If you're cool with enjoying elements in the game that reviews claim are frustrating technical issues, then I'm not going to argue or say anything.
Nothing frustrating so far.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #4443
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

How is the game then so far Esca? I've seen 9/10 scores for it and stuff, I didn't think it'd be as good as it seems to be. I was going to wait a while to pick it up but if it's as good as everyone's saying might need to get it quicker.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #4444
Nem
Smash bro!

Old 08-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #4445
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
You could of picked it up on the last Steam summer sale. I paid normal price back when it launched. But I'm happy I got both of them (Origins) on PC.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #4446
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastmonk View Post
You could of picked it up on the last Steam summer sale. I paid normal price back when it launched. But I'm happy I got both of them (Origins) on PC.
You need to remember that on here most people view the PC as the devils machine.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #4447
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

You don't help, if anything you turn people away.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #4448
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
You don't help, if anything you turn people away.
I turn them away by pointing out a game they like has no texture, loading, framerate, draw distance issues. Not choosing the version with the least amount of issues is not my problem. I point it out, you lot ignore it. If you dont want to play a game with the least issues thats cool, but thats your own choice. Its no different to people saying the PSP version of said game has some issues, stick to the DS version, and you probably would buy the DS version. Just like if such and such game on the PS3 was dodgy compared to the xbox version, you would go the xbox version. No different to not playing COD on Wii but instead on xbox. Thats you choosing to play the better version. But if its PC its instantly ignored and yet I'm told I'm turning people away from it? Are you serious? If I said play the xbox version of whatever game you'd have no problem with that and probably do it.

But lets not make up stories. Even if I never mentioned PC ever, you and some others would still refuse to look at the PC version because you cant enjoy a game unless its on a console. Its a way of thinking, nothing to do with preferred system of choice. No different to emulators. If you cant play the game on the console its generally not worth looking at. Like games on emulators are not as fun if they arent on the console itself. Its all mental. So dont point fingers at me. I give you some GOOD advice to enjoy a specific game, its ignored. Thats cool. Dont make it out like I'm trying to screw your experience over by recommending a better option. You dont like games, you like consoles. Also, fuck off justin as I'm expecting you to come in here with your penis hanging out. This forums pro console and anti pc is beyond disgusting.

Actually never mind, fuck this place.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #4449
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I'm not anti-PC though in fact I'm playing a PC game right now I've just started playing Black Mirror and have the two sequels lined-up ready to play afterwards. Also I play DS, GBA, Snes and many other emulators on my Laptop all the time.

The thing is you can give advice that's fine but you go on about it far to often we all already know about it from what you've said in the past you don't need to say it about every multiplatform game that is mentioned.

Your examples also don't make much sense because the XB360 and PC versions of Sleeping Dogs are exactly the same game. PSP/DS versions of games are usually completely different games even if they share the same name. The same is true for Wii versions none of the Wii Call Of Duty's are even the same games as the XB360/PS3 versions. So that's a whole different scenario.

Last edited by Escaflowne2001; 08-18-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #4450
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
How is the game then so far Esca? I've seen 9/10 scores for it and stuff, I didn't think it'd be as good as it seems to be. I was going to wait a while to pick it up but if it's as good as everyone's saying might need to get it quicker.
It's really hard not to compare it to GTAV. One thing is though I'm finding the driving is a real charm to control. It's not realistic or anything but it handles so well. I'm also enjoying the combat, it's basically 90% melee combat by the looks of it and there is a wide selection of different moves you can perform. While destroying your rivals.

The closest thing I could compare it too is Yakuza, you even get little random battles and can use the environment in the same way. The difference though is the combat is alot more fast paced and fluid and it never seems like a chore to me. I know you can get a gun at some point but I haven't acquired one yet or had the need to.

There is one thing I don't like though and that is the game holds your hand a little to much. For example like GTA there's a guy Tian who will give you cash for certain cars but instead of letting you find them yourself like GTA. You just have to follow the marker on the map and it'll take you directly to it. Kinda defeats the fun of the whole thing IMO.

Don't know why Activision dumped this game though but it's seems like a winner to me so far. There alot of different kinds of side missions to do as well outside of the main missions which they call favors and help you unlock in game extras and melee moves etc. Plenty of different cars to buy/unlock etc, shrines to find, lockboxes to find, jade statues to find. Should keep you busy for a long while.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #4451
justin_credible

Whatever Alucard, the thing is I've never once noticed the things you talk about "draw distance, framerate drops" etc... I'VE NEVER NOTICED IT. Seriously I play through the games on console and I never feel like I'm getting an inferior version. You're being a graphics whore to the 10th power. Who cares what system someone plays a game on? Why is it so important for you that everyone plays them on pc? And while it's ok to suggest such to get all butthurt that there are people that aren't pc gamers that don't tune in to your every wish is what's really sad. You're like a preacher who goes door to door and gets mad when everyone doesn't fall down on their knees praying due to what you say. Get over yourself. The Magicbox is filled with people from different parts of the Earth, to really think everyone is going to think just like Alucard is very narrowminded. Graphics are about the 7th most important thing to me when playing a game as I've explained over and over and over I have never wavered from that stance. You obviously must feel like you have to compensate for all the money you put into your pc by trying to convince the whole world to do the same, it isn't going to happen. As long as you're happy with what you're doing that's all you have to do just do you stop trying to change everyone else.

Get right down to it if you look at the front page of the-magicbox 99% of the updates ARE FOR CONSOLES. You rarely ever see pc updates, this is not a pc forum there are pc forums out there Magicbox isn't it. There wasn't even a pc section in the forums in the beginning. Accept it or go somewhere where there are a majority pc gamers.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #4452
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Regardless of if you don't feel like you're getting an inferior experience, in certain cases you are and there's absolutely fuck all wrong with wanting to help people with it, and it works both ways. Sometimes the PC version of a multiplatform title is the worst version, it might be a shitty port with lots of bugs and problems, and so if people say "Oh don't get it on PC, get it on a console" I'd actually listen to them or at the very least respect that someone is trying to help me get the best experience possible, rather than lash out at that. Similarly, the PC version of Sleeping Dogs is very good and doesn't have many nuisances that seem to plague the console release and I'd want to be told that and I'd take it on board if I got told about it by someone rather than just dismiss it.

It's this weird double standard people have which Alucard is perfectly right about when it comes to console gamers being anti-PC. Tell a PC gamer to play a game on a console because the PC version is a bit fucked they'll nod and accept it and probably play it on the consoles if possible, but tell a console gamer to play a game on PC because it's the better one and all shit breaks loose. PC gamers get called elitist pricks but I've seen way more elitism and anti other platforms from console gamers than from PC gamers. Funny how often we get accused of being a graphics whore but how many console gamers insult the Wii for bad graphics? A lot. If you haven't noticed pretty much every PC gamer on this forum also plays consoles so we get the best experience of any game.

This really didn't need to escalate into anything retarded like this, jesus.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #4453
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
Regardless of if you don't feel like you're getting an inferior experience, in certain cases you are and there's absolutely fuck all wrong with wanting to help people with it, and it works both ways. Sometimes the PC version of a multiplatform title is the worst version, it might be a shitty port with lots of bugs and problems, and so if people say "Oh don't get it on PC, get it on a console" I'd actually listen to them or at the very least respect that someone is trying to help me get the best experience possible, rather than lash out at that. Similarly, the PC version of Sleeping Dogs is very good and doesn't have many nuisances that seem to plague the console release and I'd want to be told that and I'd take it on board if I got told about it by someone rather than just dismiss it.

It's this weird double standard people have which Alucard is perfectly right about when it comes to console gamers being anti-PC. Tell a PC gamer to play a game on a console because the PC version is a bit fucked they'll nod and accept it and probably play it on the consoles if possible, but tell a console gamer to play a game on PC because it's the better one and all shit breaks loose. PC gamers get called elitist pricks but I've seen way more elitism and anti other platforms from console gamers than from PC gamers. Funny how often we get accused of being a graphics whore but how many console gamers insult the Wii for bad graphics? A lot. If you haven't noticed pretty much every PC gamer on this forum also plays consoles so we get the best experience of any game.

This really didn't need to escalate into anything retarded like this, jesus.

Is Alucard nicely suggesting we play on pc? He told me to fuck off. But that's not escalating anything oh no. I am not all about the graphics I would play a game on the Wii but there's another factor that you exclude is the motion controls and yes controls do matter to me alot more than graphics. If I could get the same game on Wii for cheaper with a good controller over PS3/360 I would. I have been consistent I am not a graphics whore. You guys take graphics way too seriously like draw distance etc.. that's meant for the designers of the game not the gamers.

You're not coming in to be a peacemaker KOS you're here to take Alucards side despite him going on an unneccessary hissy fit.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #4454
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Yes, he was suggesting you play on PC, he told you to fuck off after you just stuck your fingers in your ears, dug your heels in and said no, ignoring sound advice. And the fuck off was perfectly justified.

And I've got no intention of being the peacemaker, you were all arseholes to someone just trying to help. It's as I said, if Alucard has said the PC version sucked and to get it on a console no one would even bat an eyelid.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #4455
justin_credible

From a guy who lies about working for a game company your opinions hold zero value.