The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #3886
Risky
Stop right there criminal scum!

It's more Tekken than I'd like really. I thought Capcom would try to transplant more street fighter style moves into the tekken cast, but it's more juggles than I want. I really do like the art style and all of the characters. I guess you could say I don't really HATE it, I'm just not digging on all the juggling.
Risky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #3887
Alucard

The game is good for specific characters for me. The online is shit. The gem system is the worst thing about the game. I ignored them when I played versus with my friend. They really have no business being in a game.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #3888
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky View Post
It's more Tekken than I'd like really. I thought Capcom would try to transplant more street fighter style moves into the tekken cast, but it's more juggles than I want. I really do like the art style and all of the characters. I guess you could say I don't really HATE it, I'm just not digging on all the juggling.
Wow; I honestly think the complete opposite. I believe they nerfed the Tekken characters to be so much like Street Fighter characters until some aren't even close to comparison. Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, the only moves that feel like they are out of Tekken are their godfist uppercuts. No more df moves or qcf(Hold)+command moves. The timing on them is also very terrible imo. I also think they made the Tekken moves a pain to pull off if you're a Tekken fan. Like King for instance, all his moves from Tekken are basically gone except one or two. I was doing moves I typically do in Tekken and my character in SFxTK wasn't doing a single command at all.

I think the transition to the actual Tekken engine will make it a lot better for Tekken fans. I think its fun, it relies on tag combos and learning their combos from trials. But its a SF game 100% IMO. The juggle system is more SF style too, you have a limited ability (which has increased in this title) to hit someone in the air, unlike in Tekken where you can typically keep them going with ground hits.

I've heard more talk about how its close to 3rd strike, where footsies are very important. The tag combos add tons of damage and like always knowing those combos and typical SF combos helps out a lot. I like it, online is okay with some cool aspects to it (like having another player online join while you're in arcade mode). A very competitive fighter though. Its worth investing time to learn some of the technical stuff.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #3889
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #3890
calintz
thank you based god

how do you decide which console to get a game for?
see, i woulda gotten armored core for ps3 also
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:39 AM   #3891
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintz View Post
how do you decide which console to get a game for?
see, i woulda gotten armored core for ps3 also
Half the time I just pick whatever I fancy at the time I pre-order without to much thought. If it's a series that is ongoing I try and stick to the same console I'm used to playing Ninja Gaiden on the PS3 so I'll stick to that likewise I used to playing Armoured Core on the XB360 this generation.

Overall though I favor the XB360 over the PS3 at the moment.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #3892
Alucard

The 360 always handles multiplatform game better then the ps3 since its more powerful. So yeah, 360 is the better option in these sorts.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #3893
Nem
Smash bro!

I think its more like the games are developed and optimised for the 360 and later ported to the PS3 without the same level of optimisation.

Its my belief at any rate.

I wonder if you will find the same problem i did with the 360 Sonic generations Esca. It completely ruined the game for me to have a jumping delay in a game that is really fast and requires jumping precision.

I've been playing Rayman origins and i must say that it is much better than Sonic generations. Still, it was an improvement for the "recent" series.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #3894
Alucard

Not really. The system has more ram so it can handle more textures, and the gpu is stronger so it renders stuff faster. The only thing the ps3 has is cpu advantage. Thats not going to make textures look better.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #3895
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Actually, the PS3 CPU handles games worse than the Xboxs, lololol; CELL is designed for media streaming moreso than huge games, and so while it is more powerful, it's not really that much better at games, and it's annoying to work with, as is the entire PS3. That's why PS3 fails more often than not; it requires the most effort of all ports. Xbox requires the least, and so usually comes out on top.

And then PC walks in and just wins.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #3896
progmetal
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
The 360 always handles multiplatform game better then the ps3 since its more powerful. So yeah, 360 is the better option in these sorts.
Far from always, because looking at some of the 2011 head2head on Lens of truth page it's pretty much a tie between the 360 & PS3.

PS3 winning 12, and 360 winning 10. 2 of them beeing odd comparisons between exclusives.

Quote:
Battlefield 3 – PS3
Batman: Arkham City – 360
RAGE – 360
Driver: San Fransico – PS3
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine – PS3
Madden 2012 – 360
Dead Island – Tie
Deus Ex – Tie
Duke Nukem Forever – PS3
Captain America – 360
Call of Juarez – 360
Dungeon Seige 3 – Tie
Dirt 3 – 360
Uncharted 3 vs. Gears 3 – PS3
Shadows of the Damned – PS3
FEAR 3 – 360
Alice: Madness Returns – 360
L.A. Noire -PS3
Brink – PS3
Portal 2 – PS3
Mortal Kombat – 360
Killzone 3(PS3) vs Crysis 2(360) – PS3
Crysis 2 – Tie
Homefront – PS3
Bulletstorm – 360
Marvel vs Capcom 3 – PS3
Dead Space 2 – Tie

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal

Last edited by progmetal; 03-20-2012 at 01:05 PM.
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #3897
darren
... lol

Uncharted 3 vs. Gears 3 – PS3 ???????????????? that not a head to head for the same game

nor is

Killzone 3(PS3) vs Crysis 2(360) – PS3

and that ios a small list of the 3rd party x platform games .. rule of thumb for me is buy it on the lead development platform for the best version.

what would be more interesting on that list is which was the lead platform .. as i'll put good money on that being the 'winner'
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #3898
Joe Redifer
Olé!

This is what's stopping me from buying games like Sonic Generations. I want the one that's better and I don't want to buy the gimped version. I hate multiplatform games.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #3899
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmetal View Post
Far from always, because looking at some of the 2011 head2head on Lens of truth page it's pretty much a tie between the 360 & PS3.

PS3 winning 12, and 360 winning 10. 2 of them beeing odd comparisons between exclusives.

As good as that site is, some of the findings are a bit dodgy. Sometimes extremely minimal to the point that it doesnt matter which version you play. Unlike other games where theres a big difference.

I checked a couple games listed there, Battlefield 3 being one of them because it said the ps3 was the best version. I found that a bit surprising so I checked there stuff. I dont see how they could give it to the ps3. The signs on walls are blurry in the ps3 version compared to the xbox one which is much much sharper. Theres also other differences like a canvas being featureless on the ps3 but textured/shadowed in the xbox one. Also looking at the ground, textures are DEFINITELY sharper and with a little more detail over the ps3 version. Lord knows how they gave it to the ps3.

Obviously its harder to see there so go to the link and flick back and forth.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head...ot-comparison/
Old 03-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #3900
progmetal
!

The signs beeing blurry was an example of longer time to stream the textures on PS3. It was a minor problem.

Quote:
Conclusion: This was a pretty close comparison overall. Loading was nearly identical between versions with rather short times overall and performance ended in a tie as both versions tore rather bad, despite a smooth frame rate. What did make a difference here was the visuals. Both versions pulled their own cards from under their sleeve, but when it came to the overall number of advantages it was the PS3 version that had the deck stacked in the end. Noticeable Anti Aliasing advantages, extra post processing effects, and the lack of Z-fighting far out weigh a very minor texture disadvantage and equally minor texture streaming issue. All in all, the PS3 version pulls through with a win on one of this years most anticipated games this Holiday season.
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head...-3-analysis/2/

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote