The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-29-2004, 01:38 AM   #1
Investor27
Legend

I Need Help with a USB Flash I/O Device Error Message.

Hi Guys! My wife just purchased the Muvo TX 256MB, USB MP3 player for me today from Amazon. When it arrived today, I was able to quickly dragged my mp3 files over to it and played them without any trouble. Then after I tried to add some more tracks to it and changed a few names to some of the tracks I had uploaded earlier, when I went to remove it (and I did it properly with Windows XP), I got this message that stated, "The request could not be performed because of I/O device error."

I know that these kinds of errors are from the FAT flash drive, but I don't know how to solve it. When I right-clicked on the drive and tried to format it, nothing happen. It didn't even ask me which drive/option I wanted to format. Any ideas, guys?

Last edited by Investor27; 04-29-2004 at 01:42 AM.
Investor27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 02:04 AM   #2
Alucard

hmm..strange sort of thing to get from a USB thing.. Have you tried to use it on another computer just to make sure everythings working fine? I'll have to think a little on this one, unless someone else jumps up with a better suggestion.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:29 PM   #3
Investor27
Legend

Alucard. You came through for me again. You were right. When I tried it on my 2 years old Dell Desktop, I was able to reformat the USB Flash Drive, but not on my brand new Dell 8600 laptop. Strange thing, isn't? Thanks, buddy.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:45 PM   #4
Alucard

Glad it worked. I really can't think of what might be wrong with the other one. Maybe the OS is just acting retarded if its not been reinstalled in the last 5 years or so.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:22 PM   #5
Nindalf

You have a wife, alexhho?

*Writes down "one" on the "Magicbox members with lifes" list*
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:11 PM   #6
Investor27
Legend

Yeah! The Dell Laptop is the 8600 series, and it's about two months old now. I know that during my search for a solution last night, a lot of people on the net are experiencing the same problem with the Creative Muvo, USB, MP3 players. The older Muvo NX version ships with a utility disc that allows one to reformat the flash drive whenever there's a problem (I/O device error). The newer Muvo TX, the one that I have, was just shipped this past February, and it doesn't come with such a disc. However, you are, supposedly, able to reformat/initialize the unit from the software disc that came with it. Well, I couldn't reformat mine using Windows XP or the program that came with it. I kept getting a message that states, "E:\ is not accessible," with drive E being my Muvo TX. But when I went to our 2 years old desktop this morning, I was able to use Windows XP to reformat the USB flash drive as soon as it was plugged in. Anyway, being that these Muvo flashcard MP3 players are really popular with excercise buffs, I hope people will find their way here for the solution. Thanks, Alucard.

Nindalf. I can't be the only one here married, especially since I have been with the same woman for 9 years before we got married. d;-p
Old 04-30-2004, 01:24 AM   #7
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Quote:
Originally posted by alexhho

Nindalf. I can't be the only one here married, especially since I have been with the same woman for 9 years before we got married. d;-p
9 YEARS!!!! And I know Vic is married. Which makes me wonder why he hangs out with Redifer since he is like 24(estimate) and lives in his moms basement.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:20 AM   #8
Nindalf

Who else would play Star Wars with Vic in that basement in question?

Joe: "I AM YOUR FATHER!"

Vic: "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote