The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 07-04-2006, 02:21 AM   #616
6?_of_freedom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe

Is that an American name!? Well, in Arabic "Kenneth" is a pretty bad word; in fact it is an insult. Maybe in US they find being Kenneth is "cool" Just like being ?evil? and/or pervert and/or an alcoholic whore etc.
Being that Kenneth wasn't written in the unintelligible scribble of a moron it is obviously not meant to be Arabic and no Kenneth is not American. There are no "American name[s]". All the names Americans give their children come from other cultures.

So if you and your people are not evil, perverted, or alcoholic whores then what could be the cause behind your failings and the failings of your people? It should be apparent to the most dundering imbecile it is sheer stupidity which you love to give additional evidence toward with each post.
Quote:
KENNETH

Usage: Scottish, English

Pronounced: KEN-eth
Anglicized form of both COINNEACH and CIN?ED. This name was borne by the Scottish king Kenneth (Cin?ed) mac Alpin, who united the Scots and Picts in the 9th century. Another famous bearer was Kenneth Grahame, the Scottish novelist who wrote 'The Wind in the Willows'.
Quote:
COINNEACH

Usage: Scottish
Possibly means "handsome" from Gaelic. It is often Anglicized as Kenneth.
Quote:
CIN?ED

Usage: Scottish
Means "born of fire" in Gaelic. This was the name of the first king of the Scots and Picts (9th century). It is often Anglicized as Kenneth.
6?_of_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:55 AM   #617
Paper exe
Pwnd

Honestly 6?_of_freedom that went too far, there most be something wrong with you.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:03 AM   #618
6?_of_freedom
Banned

One can never go too far when instructing the ignorant.
6?_of_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:13 AM   #619
Arnold

Hello,

The name's Arnold. This is actually my first (registered) forum and, frankly, I do not know much or how a forum operates or its unwritten rules. I finally decided to post a few items recently to see how it works and I thought it was not that hard, but it certainly was/felt pretentious. I hope you do not mind if I lurk/post around and be clumsy about it.

I prefer RPGs/horror-themed games since they are usually entertaining, are normally not stressful and do not need extensive hand-eye-muscle coordination. I am especially fond of the series' Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Shadow Hearts, Shin Megami Tensei and Silent Hill. On top of the heap would be Suikoden 3 (which I thought was not only intelligent but good literature as well) and, of course, the first Silent Hill because, outside of real life and that freaking Amytiville Horror book which I read when I was still a very impressionable kid, it is the only thing that has managed to scare me out of my wits. My other interests generally lie with old science fiction, old classical/new wave music, fictional horror and B-movies (though I am not a passionate aficionado; I just like whatever comes my way).

Also, English is not my natural language so forgive me if I murder your/the language or at my feeble attempts of humor. I am always trying though, the humor, which this forum seems to be not lacking.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:19 AM   #620
SuperAngelo64
They call me "Derek G. Wop"

Welcome to Magicbox, Arnold. If you're looking to post about videogames (which it seems like you are), you've pretty much come to the right place. Though over time it seems like the focus is more towards 'debate' than 'shared appraisal', so try to keep that in mind if some comments or posters seem out've line or get off-topic.

After all, it's all in good fun. =)
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:53 AM   #621
Paper exe
Pwnd

Arnold you do realize that jokes with bad English written always end up more creative unlike jokes that was written on right English which also lack the charm.

I see no Nintendo game on the list Arnold and that not healthy and biased as well. I don't care what you think don't you support crap like Sony and not do the same for great companies like Nintendo. First buy any Nintendo Product then you can think of buying Sony crappy products. Honestly that lest most have at lest Super Mario any list does.

Anyway, welcome and I hope that test of yours would change for the better.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:56 AM   #622
Alucard

Aaaah...loves Suikoden 3 and Silent Hill. You and me are gonna get along very well!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:57 AM   #623
Paper exe
Pwnd

He also loves Final Fantasy.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:07 AM   #624
Arnold

Thanks.

[Paladin Angelo]

Debates with civilized men (and women) are always fun and stimulating. Good exercise for the gray matter.

[Paper Exe]

Agree. Bad-English jokes are always hilarious.

I only own the Playstations. They already more than satisfy my pastime needs so I never considered buying anything else; I really have only limited time for pastime. The Wii interests me though but I must admit that I will probably buy the PS3 since it is backwards compatible with my existing games and, in all likelihood, Square/Konami/Atlus will bring the games earlier mentioned to that console.

I know it is not cool to play Final Fantasy (at least that is my impression), but hey, I am rather a shallow man when it comes to entertainment and for as long as it entertains me (and it does not cost me an arm and a leg), I would be a customer regardless of the general/apparent opinion.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:10 AM   #625
welshfreak
: )

And you must have an opinion on religion and politics. Especially on this forum, we have some huge debates about both.
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:24 PM   #626
Vegetto
Alive

yeah!! stay away from them...

and welcome
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #627
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

Welcome
Old 07-08-2006, 02:16 AM   #628
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Final Fantasy is one of the cooler series to play for teens. Doesn't make it bad or good, just a fact. Seems pretty popular with the particular demographic.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:58 AM   #629
Pikachief
To save or to feed?

yello every body i shouldv'e done this about a month ago or something like that!

well thats it..........

ahh yes and about vid. games....... i got bored of final fantasy about 2 months ago...... i started playing doom3 again after about a year....... i like nintendo more than sony or M$ because i just can't get into any of their games no matter how hard i try..... except KH series, shadow O' colosius and Halo 1 &2!

oh yes and i think i first joined this forum to complain about someones opinion...... most likely seraph

EDIT: i like RPG's FPS, some third person shooters, ALL SHOOTERS actually, adventure games, and basically anything long that i can get into and not feel like im doing the same thing over and over again..... like racing games
Old 07-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #630
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
i like nintendo more than sony or M$
That's a good start.

Quote:
i like nintendo more than sony or M$ because i just can't get into any of their games no matter how hard i try..... except KH series, shadow O' colosius and Halo 1 &2!
You do know that Kingdom hearts is not a Sony game, but SquireEnix and that they did make a Kingdom heart game for Nintendo's Game Boy Advance.