Paper exe
Pwnd

A review is coming tomorrow morning.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:50 AM   #168
Paper exe
Pwnd

Sonic Advance~GBA-Platform

Here's my review and just in time (five minutes before morning ends. )
SEGA finally made a new side scrolling Sonic game after years of waiting, but in the end it turns out that we really don't need it.
The game has a really Multiplayer mode which is actually playable unlike Sonic 3 and now you can play with Amy and a whole new zones and new Bonus stages and Chao garden and new soundtrack and all four characters now can actually perform there own attack. All that sounds good, but in reality it aren't any good and suffers dozen of problems.

The characters models are nice and the main characters do have decent animation. The game now looks more cartoony and colorful. The Background is all kind of plain.
The soundtrack is no way good. Other then act 2 of the ice stage and some rearranged old sonic music, they are mostly decent or sometime a little lower. The music is also on low quality. I really don?t know how to explain this??.The music are just unclear. I think Wave Master (the music makers) needs a slap or two.

Look at me finishing the act using my strategy!

Nothing really new in the gameplay, in fact you will rarely see something new in the acts. They saved there self the trouble of thinking by reusing old Sonic pitfalls. It is just same old Sonic. Collecting coins, stamping enemies, fighting a boss in the end of each Zone (Act 2) jumping from a platform to another and each act has a lot of different roads. Only that this time they add a useless new attack move. Sonic kicks, Tails use his tail and Knuckles punches. Amy is a different thing. She is like an outsider. While playing with Amy it doesn?t play like a Sonic game. Amy most uses her hammer to defeat enemies, she cannot stamp on them and she cannot dash, she simply cannot do any of these main moves. They replace it all with some stupid moves, which made her the worst character and the weakest and the most boring one.

The game doesn?t have a lot of Zones (less then 10). Modes like Time attack are really boring like all time attack modes on most games. Serious, who in earth would think that trying to finish a stage quickly is fun? I think it is a waste of a golden time. Chao Garden is the crappiest thing and most stupid thing I ever saw on any Sonic game (Well, it is not as bad as Spinball, but that US game doesn?t count, because it is from US). For one you only have limited selection of mini games and the Garden is truly tiny like the name (Tiny Chao Garden) it is just a very small Garden with a small pond. All what you do is feed him or pet him (which dose nothing). It is just there so that you can easily power up your chao then link it back to NGC Sonic Adavanture 2 Battle.

That picture explains just about everything in this lame mode.

For one, the game is mind mainly for Sonic. Tails can just fly and go through all the holes. Knuckles climbs and glide to go through holes (which is the only thing that you may actually lose a life because of it) Sonic don?t have any of this, he is just a little pit faster and jump a little higher. Enemies are very easy and you can easily avoid there attacks. If they hit you, you will only lose your rings, you can easily pick them up again. Well, they do decrease a lot, but still not a problem, because one ring is enough. Enemies also only have one easy to avoid attack and most of them are old once and stupidly they choose those easy once.

In each act there is one hidden trampoline, if you find it and stamp on it you will go to the Bonus Stage, but if you loosed you have to quit and return to that act all over again. If you thought that this was enough then you are wrong, because the acts design is simply uncreative, everything looks the same. That?s still not all. The Bonus Stages are simply the worst on any Sonic game. Sonic will be falling in a huge pip trying to collect enough rings and avoid spikes. You can hardly know where exactly the rings are, which made it very frustrating and boring to play. I beat the game with all the characters and made my Chao at the max level (everything 99), but I did not bother collecting Chaos Emeralds, I just get one and did not even bother searching for the others. I see no reason to harm my eyes.
You may squeeze some fun from the boss fights, thought. The game is easy and there is no continues. If gameover occur you have to repeat from the start of the act, if it was one or two.

Who ever made this idea is a moron.

Gameplay (5/10)
Graphics (5/10)
Sound (4/10)
Length (6/10)
Sonic Advance (20/40)

Wow, the score came just right! The game is simply and truly mediocre.

Last edited by Paper exe; 01-15-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:06 AM   #169
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I can't tell what is going on that last picture of Sonic Advance. Good review, Paper.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:12 AM   #170
Alexander
I speak with codes.

I think it is that ring collection minigame. Don't pause when you take a screenshot, Paper! Good review.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #171
Seraph
>:3

I agree with you paper, sonic advance is mediocre. It wasnt a bad game, but didnt live up to sonic days of old.

And i like those ring games >:3
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:52 PM   #172
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
I think it is that ring collection minigame. Don't pause when you take a screenshot, Paper! Good review.
I will try not to do so, on my next review. If you want to know, there are nothing behind the Pause in these two pictures, that why I used them.

Thanks both of you for your compliments. It is good to see some people actually appreciate some true reviews (Reviews from gamers not just sell outs)
Old 02-17-2006, 06:44 PM   #173
Paper exe
Pwnd

I was going to give sell out like Gamespot a chance today, because a respective member here (Alucard) trust them and guess what, they simply loses that chance on reading the first review. They are idiots and there reviews are way too wrong.

I read there Megaman X PSP remake review and just look at what I found.
Quote:
How X gets these upgrades is one of the few things that have actually been altered in the overall game design. You still gain these upgrades by visiting assorted capsules spread throughout the different boss levels, which have evidently been placed there by X's creator, Dr. Light. But which stages contain which upgrades has been shuffled. Because in some cases certain abilities are needed to defeat certain bosses (having the dash attack to beat Storm Eagle, for instance), this does radically change the order in which you tackle each stage.
Wrong, you don't need it to beat him. You can actually avoid his storm by jumping then when Megaman just touchs the ground you most time it right then jump again, so that you wouldn?t be pushed, to top it I beat the game without any power ups and beat all of those 8 boss using the X buster.
They (gamespot) simply suck and way too stupid to think.
Quote:
The bosses themselves also are slightly different. It's very minor, but if you're intimately familiar with the original game, you might notice slight differences in the attack patterns of each boss. It's nothing game-changing, though, and for the most part you fight each boss exactly the same way. Beyond the boss fights and Light's capsule placements, the level designs are almost entirely the same throughout the game. Enemy placements, jump puzzles, and the like are all pretty much how you remember them, albeit with a fresh coat of paint on each one.
They did not even talk about Hard mode were the boss has an extra move or two. Some boss changed slightly, but some had been changed a lot more then the original like Launch Octopus they made him a lot easier and changed most of his moves like the missiles and fishes attacks and even his water pool attack isn't the same as the original. There are also boss like Stink Chameleon, which they made him stronger.
Quote:
there is certainly a solid level of challenge to be found in this game
The game is way too easy. I beat it on normal without any power ups and on hard without getting any armored and I only used the tank only on the final part of the final boss, because I wanted to beat the game.

Quote:
unlock Vile as a playable character. X historians will recognize Vile as X's archnemesis and a relentless Maverick Hunter. Vile plays similarly to X, although with a ridiculous amount of weaponry that can be fired from his arm, shoulder, and leg, respectively. Beating different bosses unlocks new combinations of weaponry with new abilities, and there's a pretty insane list of combinative weaponry to choose from as time goes on. On top of being able to play as Vile, there's
Thanks a lot Gamespot for spoiling the surprise.
If you had the time to spoil it why did you not even mentioned that very important part and that they actually changed sigma palaces completely (Final stages) The most famous parts of the stages are available, so nothing important had been removed.
Thinking about it how could they say that the game is entirely the same if they changed the final stages, don't you think that this part is very important to people whom love the game, but already own it and thinking of buying it!? Why did they give them the illusion of it being the exact same game with only slightly difference!?

Also what about Vaile, they did not talk much about him, they only spoiled the fun. ?Hay we heard that we can play with vile on Gamespot first!!1!? Such moronic and childish act.
There are is a very important part about Vile, which made it boring and unplayable and it is the fact that all stages had the same music and that music is newly made and the worst of the soundtrack. The final stages has there original music, thought, but that still suck and the game was boring. There also more about Vile, but I will save it on my review tomorrow.
Hay, gamespot if you were going to spoil something you could at lest be helpful instead of just telling it.

Quote:
there's also an unlockable 24-minute anime video
Thanks a lot I was looking forward tomorrow for seeing this thinking that it was a full length movie, thanks for spoiling, yet again. (You see why I hate there reviews, there tong eat them each and everyday.)
Thankfully I didn?t read what they said about the movie, I stopped just after reading what I quoted.

Quote:
The addition of voice acting for the different interludes between boss fights is an interesting wrinkle. Some of the acting feels a little off in spots, but for the most part the game just seems to be going for the ultraexaggerated, anime-esque inflections, and it pulls it off. The remixed music tracks have mixed results. Some are just as catchy as the original tunes, and others are decidedly inferior. It's not that any of them are bad, exactly, but there are times where you'll pine for the ancient synth tracks of the 16-bit era.
No, the rearranged soundtrack is pretty good actually, yes some may have different opinion and like the old one more then the new once, but it is no way like what you junk said, some the same and some worst and some actually better it all relays on the person they simply did a good job on the rearranging part.
You should actually complain about the music that was removed like the masterpiece password music and ending part 1 and 3 even part 2 was good. I forgot you don't care about music.

Word of wisdom. Gamespot suck they are pieces of trash and should not be trusted and this is a good example.

Yes, Nindalf multiple quotes, because I am pissed off.

Last edited by Paper exe; 02-18-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #174
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

WOOOOOO!!!!! Paper exe, tell it like it is! Can I get a hallelujah? I SAID, CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH!?!?!

:cool guy: :cool guy: :cool guy:

Gamespot blows! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #175
gearhound
Versus the World

so gamespot's opinions are wrong because you don't agree with them? opinions are opinions; they are not facts.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #176
Paper exe
Pwnd

Did you actually read what I said!?
They are wrong, because of there mistakes and spoilers and not telling people some very important parts and give the person a false illusion of the game.
Please read what I said then complain, you simply cannot just read the first line and assume what you want.

Another thing I have heard that excuse far enough, it simply cannot be used, because of the overuse and having nothing to do with the subject it self.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:54 PM   #177
gearhound
Versus the World

it is one thing to point out mistakes, but it is another to say that their opinions are wrong.

opinions are never wrong.

storm eagle has two different attacks that can knock you off the edge. one can be jumped over, but when he blows wind at you, you simply cannot jump to evade it. you need the dash if you want to survive his blowing wind.

and sinse you get to pay as vile when you beat the game, it isn't a spoiler. had gamespot gave away some plot details or something like that, you could definately say they spoiled some things. my friend told me you can play as vile when you beat the game. i didn't think that was a spoiler.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:03 PM   #178
Dracula

Its been a while since I last played Megaman X, but I'm almost certain that storm eagle could be beaten without the dash ability/power up. I don't remember if you could jump to evade it, or if you had to time your movements so you were on the right part of the screen when he did that attack, so you wouldn't be knoced off the edge, but you could definitely evade that attack.

Of course without the dash, its harder.
Dracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #179
gearhound
Versus the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula
Its been a while since I last played Megaman X, but I'm almost certain that storm eagle could be beaten without the dash ability/power up. I don't remember if you could jump to evade it, or if you had to time your movements so you were on the right part of the screen when he did that attack, so you wouldn't be knoced off the edge, but you could definitely evade that attack.

Of course without the dash, its harder.
yeah, i think you could jump over him right before he does his air blast.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:51 AM   #180
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhound
it is one thing to point out mistakes, but it is another to say that their opinions are wrong.

opinions are never wrong.

storm eagle has two different attacks that can knock you off the edge. one can be jumped over, but when he blows wind at you, you simply cannot jump to evade it. you need the dash if you want to survive his blowing wind.

and sinse you get to pay as vile when you beat the game, it isn't a spoiler. had gamespot gave away some plot details or something like that, you could definately say they spoiled some things. my friend told me you can play as vile when you beat the game. i didn't think that was a spoiler.
I did not say that there opinion are wrong, I said there reviews are wrong.

About storm Eagle, no you can avoid it by simply pressing the opposite direction button. Storm Eagle, wouldn't use it too much, so you can avoid it, but the problem comes if he blow wind, then used his storm then it became hard to survive, because there would be no room for mistakes, but he can still be beaten and easily on normal.
Seriously, what kind of an idiot that didn't figure out that you can survive if you go to the opposite direction of the wind!?

Please, telling you what you would unlock and spoil the surprise isn't a spoiler!?
I do think that they did need to talk about Vile, but they didn't and missed a lot of importants part. They just said it for the sack of saying it.

Gearhound you did not replay to a lot of what I said, so how can you entitle to protecting them if you couldn't disprove anything I said.
Tell you what, no one told you to not trust them, but to me and others we don't want to trust such untrustworthy sell outs like Gamespot, which are full with huge mistakes like what we can see in that one review that I read.

Edit: Hay Gearhound I remember you saying that you liked gamespy the most and you trust them a lot if so then hear what they have to say about the secrets.
Quote:
Although the game is relatively easy compared to other Mega Man titles, Capcom added some remarkably cool rewards for finishing the game. If you're looking to avoid spoilers, you might want to skip the next two paragraphs.

Last edited by Paper exe; 02-19-2006 at 04:18 AM.