The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 07-21-2020, 02:26 AM   #1
Rubeus

Shin Megami Tensei III HDRemaster for Switch/PS4, Shin Megami Tensei V coming in 2021

The main series is completely overshadowed by the Persona series, which is originally a sub-series of Shin Megami Tensei.

Click for full size

Quote:
Both a Shin Megami Tensei III remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V are coming to Switch in 2021

The Shin Megami Tensei series has remained dormant for a bit, taking a backseat to Persona, but that's going to change next year.

Revealed on the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, Atlus had a few announcements for fans this morning. For one, Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, arguably the best SMT game to date, is getting an HD remaster set to debut on Switch in spring of 2021. Yes, this is the game that infamously spawned the "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series" meme. According to the official Atlus site, the remaster is coming to PS4, too.

In other SMT news, we've finally got another glimpse at Shin Megami Tensei V, the first game in the "main" series since Tensei IV in 2013. Through a brief trailer we learn that it's tentatively set for 2021, and will have a simultaneous worldwide release.

That last bit is pretty huge news, as Atlus games, even the most recent refresh of Persona 5 (Royal), had a five-month delay between the Japanese edition and the western localization. Barring leaks everyone will be on the same page when it's out, without having to worry about tip-toeing around Atlus communities.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...1-598018.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 10:42 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
surprised they haven't done a collection of some sort with the older games.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:45 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

You know... i disagree with the article when it says SMT has taken a back seat. Likely said like someone who doesn't play portable games. The 3DS had a bunch of SMT games while Persona only got 5 and the royal edition.
I can recall devil survivor overclocked, smt4 and smt4 apocalypse, which was not a complete edition but a whole new game. Hardly taking a back seat.
I looked it up. Add devil survivor 2 record breaker, strange journey redux and devil summoner soul hackers. Yeah... a back seat of 6 games.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:55 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
strange journey was great. If it wasn't so long to beat, I would have gotten all the endings.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:39 PM   #5
Ernst

This is awesome news. Nobody’s doing it as good as Atlus right now.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote