Daniel4802
That booty too fine

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Developer: Sigil Studios
Development: Beta Testing
Release: Unknown

Old 12-19-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
Decado

Oh joy, another MMORPG. Online gamers must have multiple computers and have mastered the Cloning technique to play all this crap.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:36 AM   #3
Alucard

You play one or two each year at most. Usually 1. Its good to have a variety to choose from.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:18 AM   #4
Vegetto
Alive

I play none a year!
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:16 AM   #5
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

You know, I think every online game (specifically on PC) only serves the purpose of giving idiots yet another place to call people noobs and act like they're hot stuff. This is evident in how the communities get progressively lamer with each new game.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:36 AM   #6
Alucard

The communities are VERY different from each game. If you look at WoW, its full of leet kiddies. If you look at Lineage2, its full of farmers. If you look at EQ2, you find more normal headed polite people. Some could go on a limb and call them wannabe elitists. But they're 100 times better and nicer then WoW lot. You cant group up all the mmorpg communities and class them as identical. Very different from each game. I found the lot in Anarchy Online to be really nice too.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:06 PM   #7
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Its good to have a variety to choose from.
huh? what? all i see here is more generic medevil fantasy. booooorrrrriiiiing.

how about a non-japanese developer come up with their own unique universe for once.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 PM   #8
Alucard

What are you on about? Theres plenty of varieties out there. You got your medieval above, your D&D fantasy <not to be confused with medieval>, futuristic, comic based, space sim based, I mean really. The only thing not there is a naval mmorpg. Besides, when I say variety I dont mean genres. I'm talking gameplay. They all play differently.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:58 PM   #9
Nindalf

Yet none can match ULTIMA ONLINE
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:03 PM   #10
Seraph

Well its not just MMORPG's, but still games like:

Guildwars
WoW
Everquest

All take place in the exact same universe. Whereas games like:

PSO
Ragnarok Online
Final Fantasy 11

All do the cool sword magic fantasy thing, but they created their own world. They didnt rip off midevil history to a T.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:03 PM   #11
Decado

They just have a different influence (anime), that's it. That doesn't make them any better or less cliched.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:18 AM   #12
Alucard

Guildwars world has nothing to do with medieval. All of their monsters and classes are VERY fantasy. Everquest is no different to FFXI either. They both have swords, magic, and mutant creatures you can play. More so in the case of EQ.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:01 PM   #13
Seraph

Its a hard thing to explain. When i play those generic medevil rpg's I dont find myself getting into it.

They all just reflect things like old stables, stone wall castles, mud, horses the whole bit. Its like the timeframe for every MMORPG is set in stone to be within the medevil era. Technology is almost always non-exsistant in these games.

I kinda think of it this way. If i showed you a Poring, Rocker or Munak you could tell me it was from ragnarok online. Rappys, Boomas, DelSabers are from PSO. Chocobo's, Bombs, Cactrots are from FF. yet in all these generic games all i see are the same old Orcs, Trolls and Dragons.

To me all these generic medevil ones all have the exact same armor sets and weapons. exact same envornments. exact same monsters. How many times do i have to see another guy in a cross-helm ripped off from history? Body armor and chainmail ripped off from historic examples. I played diablo2 who knows how many years ago, yet these screenshots are almost uncanny of how a 3D diablo2 would look.

Games like city of heros would really appeal to me if it wasnt over the top goofy.

I find it really hard to explain myself on this subject. I guess ill never get my point across.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #14
Alucard

I think what you are trying to say is you dont like horses. FFXI still has mud, castles, stables. Just not horses. They have chocobos. Thats the only difference here. Everyone still runs around using swords, wearing armour, buying potions, etc. Theres very little difference. Put horses in FFXI and you would have to label it another medieval game.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:34 PM   #15
Seraph

im a horse racist what can i say.

I knew it would be hard to explain my point. Since as i was writing it i knew i couldnt disprove your initial argument of "they all have swords, magic, stuff". heck even PSO has swords and magic yet thats drasticly different.

everytime i play one of these games i feel like im at "ye old rennisance festival" and i should "go to ye tavern and fill my goblet with cursed faerie nectar".

it dosent have to be an online game either, games like Fable on Xbox also turn me off big time because of this.

Mario has his own universe. Sonic, Megaman, Castlevania, all have their own universes. Even RPGs with swords and magic like BreathofFire, SecretofMana, Disgaea, Zelda, and Talesof____ all take place in their own universes. i dont feel like im at a reniscance festival when i play those games.

when vgcats poked fun at this i was like YES!

see?