The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-23-2021, 12:33 AM   #31
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
There are some titles but the latest one was “Yakuza: Like A Dragon”. A great RPG but a disappointment as Yakuza game in my opinion (since I played all Yakuza games; even the untranslated one like Kenzan & Isshin).

Also, damn this place still lit �� ��
Currently Playing : Tales of Phantasia [PSVita]

Last edited by Badrats Studio; 10-23-2021 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Adding words
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:21 AM   #32
Nem
Smash bro!

I beat The legend of zelda: a link between worlds on the 3DS

A worthy sequal to a classic and imo the best Zelda game i have played so far.
The rental system was a godsend. You can rent all your weapons/items instead of unlocking one at a time with each dungeon.
What this means is that it eliminates a lot of time wasting backtracking and keeping note of the stuff you missed so you remember to come back. No, in this game, from the off-set exploration is a joy. This, naturally, greatly helps the pacing of the game.
I was constantly having fun with this game. I never felt like the game was padding, or i was doing a boring or pointless task (except for the collect-a-ton quest, wich is made easier with a guide. While most are easy to collect, some just involving literally banging your head on a tree. But, the rewards were well worth it.). This also reduced the game time needed to beat it which made for an enjoyable experience from beggining to end.
I wish all zelda games were like this.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:48 PM   #33
bujeezus

Satazius on Steam. Had it forever but always got frustrated when it got fast in the tight spots and gave up. Solid Gradius clone. Will play it again.
Old 11-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #34
bujeezus

Beat Evo Land last night. It was ok. Enjoyed it for what is was.
Beat Katana Zero today. Loved it! While it could be frustrating as hell sometimes, the sense of accomplishment was better that way. Pretty decent story too. Wonder if the dlc will ever come out?
Old 11-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #35
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Finished Haven today. Rushed it because I wanted to play it but it's leaving gamepass soon. Pretty decent.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:04 PM   #36
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Just beat Ghostrunner on pc. I think this might be one of the most fun games I've played all year.
Old 12-14-2021, 02:24 PM   #37
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Halo Infinite. Updated my total list with some quick and dirty review scores of my general feelings on the games. Skipped dlc though.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:23 AM   #38
Nem
Smash bro!

Finally finished Ace attourney 6 on the 3DS.
I've been playing bits of this game for years! Haha!

They somehow always end up feeling worthwhile in the final trial, but i confess i am starting to grow tired of visual novels. I am at the point where i really must demand more from the presentation, at least.

Amyways, this one was about as good as the other ones.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:43 PM   #39
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Beat The Gunk. It's one step up from a walking simulator but it had nice environments.
Old 12-23-2021, 04:43 PM   #40
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Beat Ara Fell. For a 16-bit style turn based RPG it's pretty damned good.
Old 12-25-2021, 08:51 PM   #41
Nem
Smash bro!

Beat The takeover on switch!

I broke my switch's virginity! Lol!

Unfortunely, while created as a homage of streets of rage, this game is just not very good imo. The art style and graphics are fine, but the game design not so much.
Honestly, imagine streets of rage 4, with less moves, bugs and loads and loads of grenades spawning and barrels rolling towards you in every level. The gameplay itself is no SoR. There are long combos and that means long animations and time for enemies to encircle. Sometimes the levels change from classic to mini-game, very limited mini-games. While i apreciate the atempt at variety, these were not very good.

I finished this game and deleted. Got it on sale for 5 euros. I got my worth off it, but while short it was long enough that i was wishing it would end.

In short... thank dotemu for Streets of rage 4, which is awesome. This homage certainly fell flat.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:49 PM   #42
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Call of Duty Vanguard. Petty fun but some of the writing was weak. Multiplayer is trash compared to Cold War though.