The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-27-2007, 02:27 AM   #1
Alucard

The Witcher patch

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/35...-Release-Patch

Go get it. You need it if you want to play the game. Also has one of the greatest fixes ever..

- Fixes for sex scene with nurses
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 04:11 AM   #2
darren
... lol

have you played it yet?

what are your thoughts, eurpgamer game it a 7/10 .. just OK, nothing ground breaking.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrank...eviewid=817424

not opened mine up yet ... lol .. to busy with MP3 and OSX.5
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:47 AM   #3
Alucard

My store wont get it for another week sadly. And yeah I read the eurogamer review, and still dont understand why he gave it a 7. He basically said the graphics are godly, the gameplay is different and new and good, its thick on story, theres alot of depth in the game. His only problems was dialogue screwups, which gets fixed in the patch, and the inability to create your own custom character. Thats it. Dont sound like a 7 to me.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:49 AM   #4
darren
... lol

the main grip was the combat system i think, if its not that great in an RPG thatwill bring any review down, plus he seems to say it offer nothing new . Will let you know what i think in a few days when i can be arsed to install it .. lol
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 10-28-2007, 05:29 AM   #5
Alucard

I dunno about nothing new.. I cant recall any game where the motion of your mouse dictates the attack you do.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:21 AM   #6
Internazionale

And I don't recall where you can dictate your attacks with the motion of your mouse
Internazionale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #7
Alucard

Pretty sure its in there. Check out the gameplay clips on combat.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
Decado

Apparently there is a patch for the patch. Ver. 1.1a.

Gotta love PC RPGs. Even after over 4 years of development (closer to 5?) we're still going to get a stream of patches, probably for a while yet (though since it is single player only with no SDK or tool set, it won't be "patch insane" like NWN).
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #9
Alucard

Patches are a good thing. Remember gold copies are sent off to be printed about a month or so before release. During that time developers dont sit around doing nothing, they still test to make sure they didnt miss anything, and theres ALWAYS something. The consoles are doing it lately. Wasnt there a patch to improve Bioshock's dodgy performance?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:55 AM   #10
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Pretty sure its in there. Check out the gameplay clips on combat.
does not read like its in there.

Quote:
The combat tries to find the middle ground between the turn-based approach of, say, Knights of the Old Republic and the mouse-mashing of Diablo II. Clicking on an enemy initiates a swing of your sword, but as the attack comes to an end your cursor lights up. Click again at this point and you'll follow up with another attack move, and so on. Chain your attacks successfully and your opponent will struggle to respond. Get the timing wrong, and you'll break the combo and leave yourself open to reprisals. The right button is your magic attacks and, like weaponry, these can be honed and improved by spending the bronze, silver or gold "talents" you gain from victorious quests and skirmishes.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
memory to zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
My store wont get it for another week sadly. And yeah I read the eurogamer review, and still dont understand why he gave it a 7. He basically said the graphics are godly, the gameplay is different and new and good, its thick on story, theres alot of depth in the game. His only problems was dialogue screwups, which gets fixed in the patch, and the inability to create your own custom character. Thats it. Dont sound like a 7 to me.
Eurogamer generally gives better grades to JRPGs than Western ones, you should know that. But I generally agree with the excuses they have in their reviews, it s one of the few reviewers I trust.
memory to zack is offline   Reply With Quote