The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 02-04-2019, 12:38 PM   #1
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Microsoft accidentally reveals intention to bring xbox live to Switch and Mobile.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...tch-and-mobile

Quote:
Microsoft has inadvertently revealed its plans to bring Xbox Live to Switch and mobile after submitting a session report for GDC 2019.

In the description for a GDC session titled Xbox Live: Growing & Engaging Your Gaming Community Across iOS, Android, Switch, Xbox, and PC (spotted by Windows Central), the platform holder revealed its plans to release a new Xbox Development Kit.

"Get a first look at the SDK to enable game developers to connect players between iOS, Android, and Switch in addition to Xbox and any game in the Microsoft Store on Windows PCs," reads the description.

Although Microsoft already requires an Xbox Live login for Minecraft on all other platforms save for PlayStation, this SDK should allow developers to implement Xbox Live cross-platform support, such as achievements and multiplayer, directly into their games.

From opening up its console exclusives to PC players and advocating cross-platform play, to Xbox Game Pass and its reported plans for a digital-only console, Microsoft continues to push outside of the industry's comfort zones.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Good for nintendo because their own service is garbage. Fingers crossed that this means they'll get rid of the stupid friend codes once and for all in some future.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:19 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yah, I hate the friend codes, just have it usernames or even search people by their real name or whatever. anything but friend codes!
Nintendo just hates copying from other places, even tho it's better to copy it, they will rarely do it.
pft, look how long it took them to put in a login for purchases instead of console based only and we had 3 internet services from each console, 2 scrapped with the new switch accounts being the newest.

But, what would be really neat for Xbox live on switch is if they allow steaming of games through the switch. Like say, if I bought games on the Microsoft store on the PC and connected to it on the switch, I can play the game I bought over it.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:19 AM   #4
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
yah, I hate the friend codes, just have it usernames or even search people by their real name or whatever. anything but friend codes!
Nintendo just hates copying from other places, even tho it's better to copy it, they will rarely do it.
pft, look how long it took them to put in a login for purchases instead of console based only and we had 3 internet services from each console, 2 scrapped with the new switch accounts being the newest.

But, what would be really neat for Xbox live on switch is if they allow steaming of games through the switch. Like say, if I bought games on the Microsoft store on the PC and connected to it on the switch, I can play the game I bought over it.
That's a really good idea and even though I know they can't get rid of the latency even on a LAN there are still plenty of games that don't really require that high level of 1 to 1 control reaction. I'd almost be willing to bet MS is working on exactly this for mobile and maybe switch also.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote