The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #31
Alucard

I had that happen to me once, was pretty epic. But only lasted about 5 seconds which made me sad. I'm also not expecting this game to be no1. But theres a big enough star trek fanbase out there to make it solid enough to play. I've got no interest in wow, feels like your generic MMO style game which I've gotten seriously tired of. Dunno what blizzards planning to do, but I dont expect anything from them next year. Besides, their content is like 1 expansion every 2 years. Not good enough for me.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #32
darren
... lol

am sure the new ex pack is this year ..2011 for next one from bliz .. i meant 2012 since they have rumored to be working on what ever it is for 5+ years .. with starwars coming next year i'd expect a big free update for WoW aswell based on the fact starwars is the one i suspect they worry about most and they will want to retain as much as poss .. a bit like they did with warhammer .. when it dropped they released a big free update.
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:45 PM   #33
Alucard

Yeah.. no chance it'll be free. WoW gamers are too crazy. Warhammer was a bit different. People left in the first year. They went from 700-800k subs in the first few months down to like 300k at BEST 7-8 months later, and still dropping. They were trying to get people back. Its their own fault for taking what was very cool in Dark age of camelot, ignoring everything, and making some weird mess of a game that was just like playing a board game with separate sections instead of land. It didnt feel like a proper world. Everything around was very boxed in with the same kind of stuff you found in the previous zones. It was just plain. I was pretty pissed off after my first month. I expected better.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #34
darren
... lol

there was a big update/patch when Warhammer dropped .. i can recall playing it .. not sure which one it was .. think it was the one that added the little lsland (name escapes me right now) at the top of the main / original map.

warhammer was a total let down .. conon a pile of shit and aion on uk servers not much better ..

starwars is the one of real interest tbh
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #35
Alucard

Yeah like I said, I wouldnt be playing star trek now if it werent for the space battles. Its pretty much the one MMO style where you dont feel like you're about to die when you come into a fight unless you have people around you to help or draw fire. Play with your shields, your set skills from your crew, any items you have installed, get on the ships weaker side thats attacking you, theres alot of room to stay alive long enough to either kill that person or wait for friends to help out. Just so much fun. And pretty too. Battles can go for a bit aswell so its always entertaining. Not short blast kills like in normal MMOs
Old 01-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #36
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

That's great that you're getting so into it, Alucard. If Amazon doesn't send your preorder key within 2 days, definitely email them immediately because sometimes they're slow on stuff like that. Wanna join the fleet?
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #37
Alucard

Yeah I'll give them a yell tomorrow if I dont get it soon. Usually they're fast. I havent looked into joining a fleet yet but I'll check your pages. I need to get the damn game first lol
Old 01-29-2010, 03:33 AM   #38
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Head start is today!

Our fleet now has a website: http://www.cagfleet.com/ It should hopefully launch soon. We're doing everything we can to make it as fun to be in as possible.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:33 AM   #39
Alucard

Awesome. I'll probably mess with it some tomorrow. I wonder if I can use the beta client without it exploding on me.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #40
Alucard

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/52...Invasion-Video

Video of the end beta special event.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:36 AM   #41
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Does every ship come with a holodeck? So I can pretend I'm doing something else and not playing Star Trek.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #42
Alucard

Yeah. You can access it using alt-tab.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #43
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Did this game get better at launch or something? Was one of the worst betas I've tried....
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #44
Alucard

Dunno, depends what you found crap about it.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #45
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

eh I just found it bland and generally unappealing, but I'm not the biggest trek fan so there is little doubt I was the target audience.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote