The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-21-2006, 04:04 AM   #16
Seraph
>:3

you expect me to play this?

Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:20 AM   #17
Alucard

Hey, you're the one who wants to have a simple arcade style hack/slash rpg. Well there it is. Game is good too. Or do you prefer your hack/slash games be made by japanese only? You RACIST!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #18
Anthrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph830
you expect me to play this?

RUNE kicks ass! Especially at LAN parties when everyone is tired of the regular games.
Anthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:06 AM   #19
Alucard

Heres thelink to the driver.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do...bit_84.25.html

As always check this thread to find out if the drivers break anything or if the performance is actually worth the effort. I'd say wait about a day for everyone to go spastic trying things out. Great place.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66843

Heres something else thats amusing. Voodooextreme ran Oblivion on an X800 card, they're like $150 or whatever today. They claimed good to decent framerates outside and great in dungeons. I'd really like to know what cpu they have in there aswell. Although considering they're testing with an X800, it probably wont be over 3200+. The screens look nice. Only difference is no HDR as the card cant support it.

Quote:
Worried your aging hardware might not be able to handle Oblivion? Sure, it's a state of the art game, but it does scale down well. Here are some shots snapped off with an x800 ATI card (el cheapo $150/- card these days). Basically, if you can run Half-Life 2 well, Oblivion should be okay:

Obviously, the big change vs high-end PC or 360 is that there's no HDR lighting and the outdoors stuff isn't as spiffy. Other than that, the characters look the same, as do the weapons and spell effects. Frame rates are pretty good too, especially inside dungeons, although its a little framey outside.

Though to be honest you dont want HDR enabled unless you have a 3500+ and at least a 6800GT. HDR smacks hard.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote