The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 12-14-2005, 02:06 AM   #1
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

PC Help Please

Alright, I have been having some trouble with my computer. Sometimes, actually it happens quite a bit, my computer will begin to slow down and run super slow. Well, when this occurs, and I go to shut it down, it will not shut down. As it attempts to close, the "Eng Program" box appears with the file name titled "CiceroUiWMDFrame." Everytime my computer slows down, and I shut it down, this same file name appears as the problem that prevents my computer from closing. Well I have gone through the search engine in my computer to find it and delete it, but to no avail. Anybody have any ideas? My computer runs perfectly fine, but it is when this stupid file appears that the problems start to come. If anybody could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it!

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 02:15 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
you've got SPYYYYWAREEE! probably anyways, but this might help you.

http://support.plaxo.com/bin/answer.py?answer=451

if you can find what software or excute file runs with what is shutting it down, I can probably help you.

Like, look for files in your task manager of excute files that are running on your computer and google search them.

There are very helpful websites that will tell you what they are and what program they are for.

You might be having some background program running that is taking up CPU usage and slowing down your computer or something more harmful.

I do this once in a while myself, just google search evil execute files and if I can't delete them right, like say after its gone, its causing problems like say its looking for it but its not there, I hated that, a virus that tells you its not working hahaha, msconfig in run and just stop it from running on startup and its never a problem anymore.

But really, if you can't solve it at all, its best to reformat, I bought a extra harddrive and put all my important files in it and then when I got done reinstalling everything, I went into the harddrive I just got and took me ten minutes to get anything important back on, awww yeah, I love that HD.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:45 AM   #3
Vegetto
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
But really, if you can't solve it at all, its best to reformat, I bought a extra harddrive and put all my important files in it and then when I got done reinstalling everything, I went into the harddrive I just got and took me ten minutes to get anything important back on, awww yeah, I love that HD.

ditto :cool guy:
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:05 AM   #4
Alucard

Quote:
CiceroUIWndFrame problem

Corporate-issued laptop seems to have a consistent problem with CiceroUIWndFrame not closing fast enough for the shutdown to go through. So every time one restarts Windows XP or tries to shut it down, the CiceroUIWndFrame window needs to be shut down manually.

alt.os.windows-xp has the solution:

That is the Speech and Handwriting Recognition part of MS Office. To fix it, open the Control panel - Add/Remove Programs - Microsoft Office, click on the ?Change? button browse to the Office Shared Features - Alternative User Input - and select both Speech and Handwriting ?Not available? from the drop-down box. Make the change and the error messages should disappear.
I dont know if this is whats making your PC slow. I doubt it. It would be good to scan thruogh it and see what spyware you have. Also how long ago was it you installed a fresh installation of XP? And how much space is free on your C: drive at the moment, cause limited space doesnt help a PCs speed. A PC will also slow down some if its clogged to hell with a zillion files like pics and mp3s. Good to do a defrag a couple times after clearing your system of crap you dont need but leave it there cause you know, its there and not hurting anyone.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
RYU

Use Hitman Pro is ultimate spyware remover

http://www.hitmanpro.nl/

and use Remove About Blank Buddy & Remove Toolbar Buddy

http://www.scosoft.com/

try them will your PC be fine
RYU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #6
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYU
Use Hitman Pro is ultimate spyware remover

http://www.hitmanpro.nl/

and use Remove About Blank Buddy & Remove Toolbar Buddy

http://www.scosoft.com/

try them will your PC be fine

Ryu I'm going to take your word for it that these programs work. Thank you for the links.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #7
Alucard

Check my damn spyware/virus thread! The programs I list are still the best you can get your hands on! GRAR!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:17 PM   #8
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Those guides you guys gave me to deal with the program does not work because it is for a different program then I am running. I am using Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003. Also, I do not have that much space used up on my hard drive. I have 8.20 GB used and 62.7 GB free and I ran Ad-Aware, Spybot, and my virus scan and found nothing. I run these programs at least once a month and defrag my computer, with disk cleanup at the same time.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:07 AM   #9
Alucard

eh? So my little office add/remove thing doesnt work with the one you have?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #10
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

I suggest maybe if you're going to consider formatting your computer that after you format and get your programs reinstalled that you make a restore point. Yesterday my pc was running very very slow, even after scanning (and deleting) adware/spyware. I was going to format, but I didn't feel like it, then I remembered that when I formatted last time I installed the programs that would take longer such as mcafee. I did a restore and now my pc is working fine. The only problem is that after you make a restore point... let's say on 122/2/05 and then the next day (or really any time after you make that restore point) you install some programs, and one day you want to do a system restore back to that point, any programs you installed after that install point will be gone, however all of your files, regardless if it's after or before the restore point will still be there.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #11
Alucard

Unfortunately theres problems that cant be fixed with restore points. Always best to get some program that lets you make a backup image of your HDD after a fresh install so you can just SLAP it back on when your PC becomes really really crusty and you'll save yourself like 1hour of crap. Nice and quick.