The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-04-2005, 01:58 AM   #1
Vegetto
Alive

I used my recovery discs!

well my pc is clean as a pc can be right now

sure was a bitch reinstalling everything though

but damn this thing is fast when its clean
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 04:54 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
haha I did the same thing a little while ago

it was well worth it

but luckily I have a external HD with 250 gb of space on it(I got it for 50 bucks brand new ), so I downloaded all the files that I needed to reinstall and updates and when I was done reformatting, I just had to plug it in, USB plug and play , and just installed everything again

and now my computer is running better then it did before.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:52 AM   #3
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Do not install anything on your PC ever and it will remain fast. Also, do not connect to the internet or use the PC at all if you want to keep it in top shape.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:20 AM   #4
Alucard

I've been putting off a reinstall of my PC for like 6months since I plan to upgrade in a month or so. Its killing me.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:29 AM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
Do not install anything on your PC ever and it will remain fast. Also, do not connect to the internet or use the PC at all if you want to keep it in top shape.

hhaha I said the same thing to my brother when he got his new computer, he didn't have the internet for a while on it and when he did, HE THOUGHT ALL THE SPYWARE programs were updates by Microsoft! he had things just pop up and he was like, these things don't work, you think they would if MS made them.

I just shaked my head and laughed at him, he had over 2000 spyware and adware and then over 500 viruses when I did a scan, took him 5 days to get that many hahahaha
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:30 AM   #6
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Just the other day I was thinking of formatting my pc. Just like spider prime said it works better than before after formatting. It'll be a bitch for me to reinstall programs and whatnot. I would have to redownload mcafee from comcast, reinstall photoshop, download updates from microsoft, reinstall my other antivirus and antispyware programs. But I haven't formatted in such a long time because after putting someone's harddrive on my pc (Gambini ) my comp was raped by virses then that's when I decided to put more antivirus on my pc because the antivirus programs I had at the time weren't cutting it..... or should I say the lack of antivirus programs. Not to mention that I would have to reinstall microsoft visual studio 2003..... god that's a bitch installing, it has 6 damn disks and takes a long time to install. *sigh*
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:09 AM   #7
Alucard

To be fair the installing programs, AFTER installing XP that is, would only take you an hour or so. Its only bad thinking about it. But doing it is not really that long. And dont go buying mcafee. Go buy yourself a copy of PC-Cillin and you wont have to worry about viruses again. Awesome program with its own firewall and spyware scanner.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:11 AM   #8
Nindalf

My computer used to be fast, but now it's slow. Slow as Alucard.

That's slow.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #9
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
My PC never goes online, has relatively few programs installed, and is kept as clean as a whistle. It performs just as smoothly as the first day I used it.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:19 AM   #10
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
My computer used to be fast, but now it's slow. Slow as Alucard.

That's slow.
What do you mean by that
Old 10-04-2005, 11:23 AM   #11
Nindalf

Ha! Told you people he's slow!
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:33 AM   #12
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
To be fair the installing programs, AFTER installing XP that is, would only take you an hour or so. Its only bad thinking about it. But doing it is not really that long. And dont go buying mcafee. Go buy yourself a copy of PC-Cillin and you wont have to worry about viruses again. Awesome program with its own firewall and spyware scanner.
I'm not going to buy mcafee because it comes free with comcast internet Long ago back in da day I used to have pc-cillin, but it was a freeware version, worked good, but I should go out and buy it seeing as I'm probably going to have a new job within the next few days. also Mcafee has it's own firewall as well and the privacy service works wonders. I don't have viruses (that i know of) but some stuff does run pretty slow that used to run good at first, I think I may just have to defrag my drive, I'll do that first and if it doesn't improve then I'll go to drastic measures *gets out glock*
Old 10-04-2005, 07:19 PM   #13
B.B. Gambini
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionetteKazuk
Just the other day I was thinking of formatting my pc. Just like spider prime said it works better than before after formatting. It'll be a bitch for me to reinstall programs and whatnot. I would have to redownload mcafee from comcast, reinstall photoshop, download updates from microsoft, reinstall my other antivirus and antispyware programs. But I haven't formatted in such a long time because after putting someone's harddrive on my pc (Gambini ) my comp was raped by virses then that's when I decided to put more antivirus on my pc because the antivirus programs I had at the time weren't cutting it..... or should I say the lack of antivirus programs. Not to mention that I would have to reinstall microsoft visual studio 2003..... god that's a bitch installing, it has 6 damn disks and takes a long time to install. *sigh*
how many times do you need to bring that up? bitching about it on aim wasnt enough? you gotta put it on a damn forum, sh!t, you had to reformat it again after your sisters had fukked it up anyway, i told you to format it but you chose to scan it first, hey if its that much of a problem to ask for help then i wont ask you for sh!t, but i'd expect the same from you
B.B. Gambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:29 PM   #14
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B. Gambini
how many times do you need to bring that up? bitching about it on aim wasnt enough? you gotta put it on a damn forum, sh!t, you had to reformat it again after your sisters had fukked it up anyway, i told you to format it but you chose to scan it first, hey if its that much of a problem to ask for help then i wont ask you for sh!t, but i'd expect the same from you
My quota was supposed to be 10, but take it easy it was a joke sheesh. And plus I've only brought it up a couple of times, besides I had a hunch that my pc was going to get viruses but I still helped you out anyways cuz I would think you'd do the same if I were in you're situation. I'm not saying I won't help u out anymore with ur pc.

Last edited by MarionetteKazuk; 10-04-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:35 AM   #15
Vegetto
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
haha I did the same thing a little while ago

it was well worth it

but luckily I have a external HD with 250 gb of space on it(I got it for 50 bucks brand new ), so I downloaded all the files that I needed to reinstall and updates and when I was done reformatting, I just had to plug it in, USB plug and play , and just installed everything again

and now my computer is running better then it did before.
duuude thats crazy, my external HD is 80 gigs, and it cost my 100 bucks!!!

tell me your seceret!
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote