The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #16
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Spend $5000 on a desktop and maybe you could run Crysis!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #17
Alucard

My 4 year old pc can run crysis on max.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #18
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Laptop is slightly different. And not really made for games unless you spend like $5000.
I needed it for school and gaming. Dead Rising 2 looks like grade A quality on it too. Honestly those notebooks are a turn off. But yeah, go with a custom built Alucard recommends. I took his advice with the graphics card, and my only problem was updating drivers with no internet. I can do a 360 turn and it was like I was in a middle of a real forest in Witcher 2.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #19
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
My 4 year old pc can run crysis on max.
Was a joke you poop head. If you can't run Crysis, your rig sucks.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #20
Chronos
fuggit

Pretty much any pre-built desktop is a bad deal. You can do much better, and get better hardware that will stay relevant if you build your own. It's not difficult. I had my fears going into it, but after taking 20 mins to read the motherboard and case manuals, it only took another hour to get everything up and running and I was moving at a snails pace constantly checking the manuals. This was in 2007 or so. I recently built a new PC and it took me 20 minutes or so to set everything up completely.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Wow it took you only 20 min. I want to buld a PC but I feel so intimidated doing it.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #22
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
it's easy, the only real hard part to me was putting in the CPU fan... I fucking hate that part!

Everything else is screwed in but not that one! it has to be stupid pegs that pop out when I try to put all of them in! ARGH!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #23
Chronos
fuggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful Sam View Post
Wow it took you only 20 min. I want to buld a PC but I feel so intimidated doing it.
I felt really intimidated as well before doing my first build, but I figured even if I paid someone $50-100 to build the PC for me, it was still a good investment compared to buying something pre built. When I got all the parts it kind of reminded me of my old ass gateway2000 tower, which I did some minor upgrades to back in the day, so I decided to RTFM (case and motherboard most importantly) and take it slow. When I was done to my amazement the thing turned on without a problem.

Best decision I ever made when it comes to gaming. I had some magicbox members (Alucard, Reality, and Vegetto) recommend me some awesome games. I started with Half-Life 2, and was completely blown away and have been a die hard pc gamer ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
it's easy, the only real hard part to me was putting in the CPU fan... I fucking hate that part!

Everything else is screwed in but not that one! it has to be stupid pegs that pop out when I try to put all of them in! ARGH!
Also the CPU is just this little fragile looking chip. The manual said to put alot of pressure on the clamp when locking it in place to close and secure the thing...I didn't want to break it or fuck up the thermal compound (even though there's no way to really do that at that stage) so I took like 15 minutes making sure everything was lined up right because you really had to push on the brace and I swore I was going to crack my motherboard or break the cpu. I literally almost dripped sweat into my system I was so nervous.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #24
Alucard

I like the new pegs. Twist and push and they lock right in. You cant break the cpu even by accident. You just have to make sure you put a good amount of thermal paste on and not too much so it seepds over the edges after the heatsink is pushed down cause then thats not good. You'll have to scrape away everything before you turn it on. OTher then that the rest is easy. Memory CLICKS in, video card CLICKS in, screw the psu and hdd in place on the case, screw in the dvd drive and motherboard. Then hook all the cables up.

After that you turn it on and let it install windows pretty much automatically. When finished go into the bios and change the boot process so it goes to your hdd first and dvd drive second cause that will be reversed. Disable onboard video if the board has it, but thats only the super expensive ones so w00t. Only problem you'll ever have is if the pc starts BEEPING when you turn it on first. Thats pretty much when it gets fun. In a not so fun way. But yeah, usually 20min working a normal unhurried pace and your pc is all put together. win7 takes like 20min to install too. Maybe faster.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:27 AM   #25
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Just get a gtx560ti. Pretty much all you need.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote