The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-13-2004, 03:53 AM   #16
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

well it wouldnt let me add a credit card to my account last night, and its under maintenance tonight from like 11-3
Old 04-30-2004, 02:37 AM   #17
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Hey, I just recieved my first payment through paypal. It was $100, but I had to pay a fee of $3.20. Why is that?
Old 04-30-2004, 05:42 AM   #18
Seska

This paypal stuff has me a bit confused as well. Recently I got payment through paypal from a verified credit card, with a confirmed address. AFAIK, I recieved notification on the 28th of april, and as soon as I hit accept and upgraded to premium, the funds were deposited in my paypal account, withuot this 3-5 day clearing stuff.

Then again I dont have a bank account linked to my paypal account, nor do I intend to - Ill just use the funds in paypal to pay for online auction costs and such. If the bid won exceeds the paypal funds, it jsut takes the rest out of my credit card.

And to Spiff: I guess those 3.2 bux were the fees paypal charges you to recieve funds. When selling stuff on ebay, I usually put in the payment conditions for people to add 2 bucks if they want to make the payment through paypal, to cover for currency conversion and comission fees.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:14 AM   #19
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

I thought it said there was only a fee if you had a premiere account or if you didnt have a checking account linked with paypal?
Old 04-30-2004, 11:39 AM   #20
Alucard

The premium has a fee. But from what I remember if you receive over a certain amount of cast, lets say $100 or more for example here, then you pay a fee. In the premium one you can receive $1000 and not pay a fee. Its like for those who run businesses. Unless they changed things since I last used it.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:55 PM   #21
Investor27
Legend

Hi Spaceman. Receiving funds from a normal account is free, but from a Premier account you have to pay accordingly to the following chart (straight from Paypal's website).

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...y-fees-outside

Personal Account Premier/Business Account

Open an Account Free Free

Send Money Free Free

Withdraw Funds Free for US bank accounts

Fees for other banks Free for US bank accounts

Fees for other banks

Add Funds Free Free

Receive Funds Free 2.2% + $0.30 USD to 2.9% + $0.30 USD

Multiple Currency Transactions Exchange rate includes a 2.5% fee* Exchange rate includes a 2.5% fee*
Investor27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 02:49 AM   #22
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

It says recieve funds with a personal account is free, and that recieving funds with premiere account costs 2.2%. And my account is not premiere as far as I know. It also says sending money from a premiere account is free, so if he sent me money with a premiere account, then it shouldnt have cost anyone.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:30 AM   #23
Investor27
Legend

If you can accept credit card payments, then you have a Premiere account. Sending money is free no matter which account you have, but receiving money from a premiere account you have to pay a fee according to the fee schedule. This is why I don't ever accept payment from a credit card account. I suggest you try to cancel the premiere account and go back to a regular account. If not, just don't accept any credit card payments in the future.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:08 PM   #24
Seska

Either that, or charge 2 or 3 extra bucks from people who wish to pay into your account with a credit card. :p
Old 05-01-2004, 05:42 PM   #25
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

I guess Ill just go Seska's route.

Hmm I just found, where it says I have a premiere account and accept all payments. Weird that I didnt even know this haha. So I only have to pay the fee if they are paying with a credit card right, so I should only askf or the 2.2% fee if they arent using a checking account? And how do I tell when I get the "youve got Money" email, if it is by credit card for checking account?

Last edited by SpaceManSpiff; 05-01-2004 at 05:49 PM.
SpaceManSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:00 PM   #26
Investor27
Legend

Hmm! I have a regular account, so whenever someone send me payment by a credit card, I would get an email stating that someone had just sent me a payment, and it would give me the option to accept it or not. I only get this when someone send a credit card payment. I would assume that this is also true for a Premier account, because you are responsible for the fees. Why don't you send Paypal and email asking if you have the option to decline a credit card payment? You can also log into Paypal.com and play around with your preference or profile settings.

DON'T FORGET!!! If you ever get an email stating that Paypal is doing a security check or a routine maintenance check and they require you to fill out the information below (or at a link provided within the email), including your checking account information as well as your paypal log-in ID and password, DON'T do it. If you are concerned with your paypal account, go to the address bar and type in www.paypal.com . From there, when you click on log-in, make sure that the https is there. Good luck to you.