The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 09-19-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
Seska
Slurp

Bask in the glory that is X3: New pics!

Bijou, baby. Beee-jou.

ITs almost bloody photorealistic. Me want now.

Old 09-19-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
Nindalf

And how exactly do you play this? By looking at pretty scenery?
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
ryanwho
Banned

Ive never been so bored with such pretty shots. They dont seem to be doing, um, anything.
ryanwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
Seska
Slurp

Trust console whores not to grasp the concept of a space sim. Back to Mario Tennis with you lot. :p
Old 09-20-2005, 01:17 AM   #5
Alucard

They lack certain varieties on their consoles so they dont actually know any different asides from beatemups. Must haaaaaaaaaave
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:00 AM   #6
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

I don't know about the gameplay but it certainly looks to compete visually with anything shown thus far for the X360 (PS3 doesn't count as they don't even have the hardware finalized yet and everything shown thus far has been mockup stuff running on dev hardware).
Old 09-20-2005, 12:47 PM   #7
Alucard

The people behind the X series have a slight problem that no other developer has. They actually make PC games so that you will NEED the best of the best pc parts to play it with full detail. None of this BS where its made to work on sub standard systems. The game is always depth crazy. Cant wait. The mod community lap this game series up too and release heaps of crap for it.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:01 PM   #8
ryanwho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
They lack certain varieties on their consoles so they dont actually know any different asides from beatemups. Must haaaaaaaaaave
no, i just dont like boring ass games. enjoy your boring ass game though. Make a real pretty spacestation for me, it only takes 200 hours.
ryanwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:39 PM   #9
Alucard

Oh I'm sorry, I'd forgotten X3 is only about building a space station that takes 2 weeks gameplay and nothing else. My bad. Guess I'll just go back to my console and beat the same looking character but with different coloured shirts in the same room over and over again.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:35 PM   #10
Beam
~The Last Of The Old Guard~

i think i'll spruce up my crappy pc just to play this game.so what are the min. requirements so i'll have an idea of what i need to play.i gotta have this game, must have own station *drooooooooollllllllllllll*
Old 09-24-2005, 06:39 PM   #11
Seska
Slurp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam
so what are the min. requirements so i'll have an idea of what i need to play.
A HAL 9000.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #12
Alucard

Sadly you're going to need a very powerful system to run this at full effects. The X games have always been nasty. ESPECIALLY if you enable shadows. If you have them off, you lose quite a bit of visual spiffiness, but it runs ALOT better on good systems. If you want shadows on, prolly best to buy a 7800GTX. If you dont want shadows, I'm going to guess...uhh...well, nothing below an 800XL or 6800GT. Make sure the cpu is at LEAST 3500, though a 4000 64bit XP would be ideal. And ofcourse, 1gig ram. That will cost a bit, so I wouldnt blame anyone for looking away. Though if you like to play games, it would be worth it. PC gaming is extremely immersive if your PC aint a POS and you can actually play games.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:07 PM   #13
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Yeah there was a trailer for this on one of the OXBM (I guess it's coming to the XB) watched the first couple of minutes but after constant panning of ships got bored.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:03 PM   #14
Alucard

Its only meant to show a brief glimpse of the engine. They always do this then release a demo a few months later or so. The game is increadibly indepth. I also would like to see the xbox version,.. I think the graphics should give me a good laugh. I also doubt it'll sell well on the console. Its just not a console game. 90% of gamers wont have the patience to play this game. All you'll hear is random player yelling YELLOW ONE IS THE SUN!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:31 PM   #15
3nigma

definitely not for console gamers. I loved x2...until it kept crashing midway through.
After seeing this, it makes me wanna look for my x2 discs and install them again...hopefully it will work better on my newer pc now