Old 01-18-2021, 01:55 PM   #1
Rubeus

Dead or Alive creator Tomonobu Itagaki establishes own studio Itagaki Games

He probably wants to make a new Ninja Gaiden game but calling it something else

Click for full size

Quote:
Dead or Alive creator Tomonobu Itagaki establishes own studio Itagaki Games

Passionate to work alongside Xbox once again

It looks like there's a new gun in town. Charismatic producer Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of fighting franchise Dead or Alive and the head honcho behind the modern Ninja Gaiden titles, has announced that he has formed his own studio - Itagaki Games.

The news was revealed in an excerpt from a recent interview between Itagaki and Bloomberg, which focused on the 20th anniversary of Xbox. Itagaki Games will exist as its own endeavor, and is not connected with studios such as Koei Tecmo, Valhalla, or Team Ninja, with which Itagaki has been closely associated in the past.

In the interview, (which you can check out on Facebook), Itagaki noted how comfortable he felt when working alongside Microsoft/Xbox in the early '00s, specifically on Xbox launch title Dead or Alive 3. In the interview, Itagaki also expressed pleasure at the possibility of collaborating with the industry giant once again.

"All the main Xbox team, including Seamus Blackley, Ed Fries, Kevin Bachus, their leader Robbie Bach and George Peckham who often played golf with me, provided full support on me," remembers Itagaki. "I visited Redmond once every two months, and they introduced me a lot of tools and support that would help speed up game development [...] If they reach out to me, it will be an honor for me."

Left to his own devices, it will be interesting to see what Itagaki and his team have in store for the new generation of gaming. Now in the driving seat, Itagaki fans could see a run of releases that stand up against the producer's past successes such as Dead or Alive 4 or Ninja Gaiden Black. So fingers crossed, lest we forget The Devil's Third also exists.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...s-617091.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:48 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

He makes fun games, but without the budget it just doesn't work. I guess that is why he is trying to woe Microsoft.

He is not gonna make more DoA or Ninja gaiden, i'm pretty sure. Tecmo owns that stuff.

Tbh, DoA6 was a disaster and the series might be dead now and Ninja gaiden didn't do much better with 3's vanilla version and then Yaiba.
I would love to see Itagaki work on them again, cause he was right and the company's will to see less blood backfired spectecularly. But, i don't see them asking Itagaki to come back.
Team ninja pretty much became the Ni-oh studio. I never played it myself.

Last edited by Nem; 01-21-2021 at 08:28 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:08 PM   #3
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

You gotta admit that Ninja Gaiden haven't been the same since he left Tecno.