The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-09-2020, 12:09 AM   #1
Rubeus

Sega vaguely mentions that we could eventually see a Dreamcast Mini & we all want one

Click for full size

Quote:
Sega vaguely mentions that we could eventually see a Dreamcast Mini and now we all want one

It'll likely happen eventually

A theoretical Dreamcast Mini loaded with Sonic Adventure, the hard-to-find Power Stone titles, Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio, SoulCalibur, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and more? It sounds like a dream come true.

Well, a lot of folks have been anticipating the march of more minis for a while, it's just a matter of when. And while Sega has mentioned the Dreamcast Mini by name, they've significantly moved the goalposts on "when."

Speaking to Famitsu (as translated by Nintendo Life), Sega creative producer Yosuke Okunari notes that in their quest of "considering" more concepts like the Genesis Mini, ideas like the SG1000 and Dreamcast have been brought up. Okunari also says that while the Game Gear Micro is "only available in Japan," the next mini project will have a "much greator" scope, and likely arrive worldwide.

This is all very "planning stages" stuff here, as Okunari explains that even if there was another micro-console, it would be at least another year out due to the "high cost and time" factors involved. So you're saying there's a chance?

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...e-606180.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 09:06 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

I want the Saturn mini.
Old 10-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
same, I rather have a saturn.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
bujeezus

I'd rather have a Saturn mini too. I've already got a regular DC. I had 2 (the black Sega Sports edition) but looks like it got lost in the move 3 years ago along with my fishing controller and light guns (not like I could use them now though).
Old 10-14-2020, 01:19 AM   #5
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Some guys made working light guns that work on HDTVs, and it's easy to make iso copies of your games yourself and just download a emulator and you can play those games again on newer tvs/monitors.

They're expensive, I wonder if anyone will figure out how to make GOOD working light guns that work in consoles.

I so want to build my own arcade cabinet. Be awesome to have that to play all my favorites on.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:42 AM   #6
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I grabbed an ancient crt so I could hook up my saturn to play Virtua cop 1 and 2. The tv is dying but for now it's super fun.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #7
spider-prime

I kept two CRT TVs for the longest time, I just got rid of them last year. While I love my light gun games, I wasn't playing them enough to warrant the extra space for them. So out they went!

Plus, my super scope 6 died. Which I loved the bundle game from it and battle clash/Metal Combat games. Those were a lot of fun.
But with the guncon on PS1, While I had a few games for them, like Time Crisis games, Elemental Gearbolt was probably my favorite. It was just different from other on rails light gun games, I just really enjoyed it.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:21 PM   #8
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I agree a Saturn mini would awesome but I still welcome a Dreamcast mini.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote