The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 08-08-2020, 10:33 PM   #1
Rubeus

Facebook removes Trump post for 'harmful COVID misinformation'

Click for full size

Quote:

Facebook removes Trump post for 'harmful COVID misinformation'

Trump falsely claimed that children are 'almost immune' from COVID-19.

Donald Trump finally found a line Facebook is unwilling to allow him to cross: promoting misinformation about the coronavirus. The social network removed a post from Donald Trump’s account Wednesday after the president shared a clip from a Fox News interview in which he falsely claimed that children are “almost immune” to COVID-19.

“This video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from COVID-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful COVID misinformation,” a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement to NBC News.

It marks the first time Facebook has removed one of Trump’s posts under the policy. The company has previously taken down Trump campaign ads for breaking its rules around “organized hate” and misleading information about the US census.

The video was also shared on Twitter, where it remains up. On Facebook, the video was visible for at least four hours and was viewed hundreds of thousands of times before it was removed, according to New York Times reporter Davey Alba.

Facebook has previously been reluctant to enforce its rules when it comes posts from politicians, especially Trump. Mark Zuckerberg criticized Twitter CEO for fact checking one of Trump’s tweets, though Zuckerberg later said he would consider adding labels to some posts from politicians that might otherwise break Facebook’s rules. The company has taken a somewhat tougher stance when it comes to misinformation about COVID-19, and Zuckerberg has called the US response to the pandemic “disappointing.”

Update 8/5 8:05pm ET: Twitter also took action on the clip for breaking the company’s rules against COVID-19 misinformation. A spokesperson said Twitter “required removal” from the @TeamTrump account that originally shared the video.

https://www.engadget.com/facebook-re...235014586.html
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 11:59 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
This is how you know it's all BS from all sides.
CNN used to say how stupid Trump was for saying about hydroxychloroquine

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/polit...side%20effects.

and now

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/healt...udy/index.html

They even posted this stuff on social media and they haven't had them removed for being misinformation.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/...rts-about-hcq/
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:02 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Really Spider? You think those are on the same level?

Trump made unverified, unscientific statements This study that CNN is reporting on seems sketchy af. It's one of several, all of which didn't verify any correlation. That just tells you this study is likely faulty and the differentiating factor is something else.

Cmon now. No, the two sides are not the same. There is no totally good side, but the republicans are clearly MUCH WORSE than democrats. They steal, they corrupt, they ignore the law, they promote racism and discrimination, they spread disinformation and they are incompetent. There are thousands of people whose deaths could have been avoided if there was a competent government. The Republicans effed up the education system, as they still are, so ignorance reigns and the people are easily fooled and manipulated. The Raegan funding law is also BS and forces manipulation into political candidates in order to get funding.
No, let's not pretend both sides are the same. I am not American, but i see a hell of a lot of difference between the two. Democrats are a normal political party in a faulty system, Republicans are outright trying to scam everyone for self profit. There is a difference.

That is why the US is clearly a s**thole country like Trump likes to say others are. Doing worse than Brazil on Corona! Brazil is a s**thole country! It has favelas, criminality and drug cartels largely aloof and poor people on the streets. I expected them to be hit the worse cause they are dumb, filthy and corrupt. The fact that ignorance has been so ingrained in the American educational and political systems are in clear view on how Covid is handled in the US. I am thankful i wasn't born there, with all respect to all the Americans that post here and are smart and good people. But, the country is poisoned. It really is.

To recover, in November the people need to give the senate and presidency to the democrats, but the democrats need to make huge reforms to undo all the damage that has been done and they usually are happy just not doing much. That is the problem. You got a clearly nefarious party and a party that is happy with the status quo, except for it's fringes, but Bernie has already been pushed away. So, the net result here is that it keeps steadily moving to a worse outcome. I hope that the people can overcome the lies and deceit and vote on their self interest rather than in the misinformation being handed to them.

Last edited by Nem; 08-10-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:51 AM   #4
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They're all the same shit. The only difference one has a bigger smell to it.

Plus, my point has nothing with what you just said, just the fact that they banned people for mentioning hydroxychloroquine as misinformation and now they're saying it could save lives instead of killing them.

Last edited by spider-prime; 08-10-2020 at 03:35 AM.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:46 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

That is not what they are saying. They are reporting that there is a study, out of several, only one, that gave different results. They say that it is being contested. This is cause it is likely faulty.

Even if that study is representative, it is likely not the reason why people saw the recovery. Cause it wasn't replicated in other studies.

So, no. You can't say it stopped being misinformation.

But, yeah. I disagree. One is far worse than the other. Not that the other one is perfect, cause it isn't. But there is at least hope for it. Republicans are corrupt to the core. All of them. Democrats still have some good people in there.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:37 PM   #6
spider-prime

Old 08-27-2020, 03:17 AM   #7
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I gotta agree with Spider. People look at politics to much like its a game of Red vs Blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cted_of_crimes

262 Republicans
386 Democrats

I only post this to prove one point. Everyone on this list was elected because he or she said they were better than the other guy.

Now for me personally, I wanted to give Bernie a chance this term. But the DNC was the first ones to make sure his chances was as low as possible. TWICE. My guess is he was going to get to involved in their checkbooks and "Eyes wide shut" parties.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #8
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Bernie, Gabbard, Yang, Democrats had a wealth of good candidates and they of course go with creepy uncle Joe.
Old 08-27-2020, 06:37 PM   #9
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
I gotta agree with Spider. People look at politics to much like its a game of Red vs Blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cted_of_crimes

262 Republicans
386 Democrats

I only post this to prove one point. Everyone on this list was elected because he or she said they were better than the other guy.

Now for me personally, I wanted to give Bernie a chance this term. But the DNC was the first ones to make sure his chances was as low as possible. TWICE. My guess is he was going to get to involved in their checkbooks and "Eyes wide shut" parties.
What does that list matter? It spans hundreads of years.
From what i know the democrats were in power far more often than republicans, so it makes sense. But, it is completely irrelevant to the situation today. I never said Democrats were good except for fringes like Bernie. I said republucans are far worse.

They are openly trying to rig the elections for god's sake. Why defend them? There are different levels of bad. The Republican bad far outweights the democrat bad currently.

I am no fan of Biden, but at this point anything is better than Trump. 4 more years of his corruption and it will end with a dictatorship.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:18 AM   #10
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
They are openly trying to rig the elections for god's sake. Why defend them? There are different levels of bad. The Republican bad far outweights the democrat bad currently.
I think the most aggravating thing about that is we'll likely see no arrests over it too. Blows my mind.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:30 PM   #11
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
I think the most aggravating thing about that is we'll likely see no arrests over it too. Blows my mind.
I know what you mean. I hope the Democrats have the fortitude to make an example of all this and bring people to justice. That includes Trump and Barr in particular. Otherwise, you can bet the next republican president is gonna push the limits yet again.