The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 10-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
Rubeus

Resident Evil Reboot Movie Cast Announced, New Details Revealed

This one sounds a bit better than the previous ones.

Quote:
Resident Evil Reboot Movie Cast Announced, New Details Revealed

The new Resident Evil film is one of several new upcoming projects based on the classic game series.

While the most recent Resident Evil movie series ended in 2017 with The Final Chapter, there's still plenty to come from the long-running zombie action franchise. Last month, it was reported that there are two Resident Evil shows in development for Netflix, and there's also a movie reboot in the works too. The first cast members from the film have been revealed, as well as some details about what to expect.

As reported by Deadline, the movie will feature characters that will be familiar to fans of the classic video games series. Kaya Scodelario (The Maze Runner) will play Claire Redfield, with Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man and the Wasp) as Jill Valentine, Robbie Amell (Upload) as Chris Redfield, Tom Hopper (The Umbrella Academy) as Albert Wesker, Avan Jogia (Zombieland: Double Tap) as Leon S. Kennedy, and Neal McDonough (Yellowstone) as William Birkin.

The movie will be directed by Johannes Roberts, who helmed the hit shark thriller 47 Meters Down and its sequel, 47 Meters Down: Uncaged. In a statement, Roberts spoke about what fans could expect from the latest Resident Evil film. "I really wanted to go back to the original first two games and re-create the terrifying visceral experience I had when I first played them whilst at the same time telling a grounded human story about a small dying American town that feels both relatable and relevant to today’s audiences," he said.

In addition, producer Robert Kulzer revealed the film's setting. "After a dozen games, six live-action movies, and hundreds of pages of fan fiction, we felt compelled to return to the year 1998, to explore the secrets hidden in the walls of the Spenser Mansion and Raccoon City," he said. The movie doesn't have a release date yet.

In terms of the Netflix Resident Evil shows, one will be live-action, while the other will be CG animated. The live-action series will not be based on any of the games, but will instead focus on 14-year-old sisters Jade and Billie Wesker, the daughters of Albert Wesker, who are living in a place called New Raccoon City. As for the animated series, that will be titled Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness, and will center around Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield. Neither show has a release date yet, but Infinite Darkness is expected in 2021.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/re...CAD-01-10abi2f
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
Ernst

Race swapped Jill and Leon. Two characters known for their iconic looks. Greeeaaatt.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:38 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Where are you seeing that? You sure you read that right?

I think the cast seems pretty good.

The movie sounds good but the Netflix series with the Wesker daughters sounds terrible.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #4
Rubeus

Avan Jogia doesn't look like Leon Kennedy, and Jill becomes a black woman (Hannah John-Kamen)??

Leon??
Click for full size

Jill??
Click for full size

Albert Wesker
Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:54 PM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I never have faith in studios making accurate tellings of my favorite video games or comics.
They just want to do what is cheap and easy to do and think instant profit cause it's a establish franchise. Then when it bombs, they go, What Happened?

Even movies make fun of movies that do adaptations horribly, like in Austin Powers 3. Tho, I would love Danny Devito as Mini Me.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:28 AM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... looks and good actors are diferent things.

The actress for Jill is quite good at playing the strong female type.

The wesker actor is more worrying, given i only seen him play a gorilla buffoon in Umbrella academy. It will be quite the departure to see him play a villain.

I would say at this point i don't care so much about looks. We've had looks with the previous movie series. I'd like to see better stories and more fleshed out and relatable/realistic takes on the characters. If that means hiring actors over their acting chops rather than appearance, i'm ok with it.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:29 AM   #7
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Well... looks and good actors are diferent things.

The actress for Jill is quite good at playing the strong female type.

The wesker actor is more worrying, given i only seen him play a gorilla buffoon in Umbrella academy. It will be quite the departure to see him play a villain.

I would say at this point i don't care so much about looks. We've had looks with the previous movie series. I'd like to see better stories and more fleshed out and relatable/realistic takes on the characters. If that means hiring actors over their acting chops rather than appearance, i'm ok with it.
There’s plenty of good actors. I’m sure they could have managed to find talented white actors. A lot of the fun of an adaptation is seeing the characters brought to life. I have no problem with actors of minority races of course! Don’t get me wrong if they can powder the actor’s face and dye his hair blonde, I’m fine with that. But it might be a little controversial.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #8
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
There’s plenty of good actors. I’m sure they could have managed to find talented white actors. A lot of the fun of an adaptation is seeing the characters brought to life. I have no problem with actors of minority races of course! Don’t get me wrong if they can powder the actor’s face and dye his hair blonde, I’m fine with that. But it might be a little controversial.
Erm... is this over the Leon and Jill actors? Cause the rest are completely white.
Honestly the Leon actor is pretty much white as well. Only the Jill one is mixed.

I don't really see what you are seeing here. I really like the Jill actress cause i know her from KIlljoys. She also played ghost in Ant-man and she did great work on both. I like her and i think she is perfect for Jill personality wise. She is mixed instead of white. Not a big deal.
For example, the Dune movie is sex changing Liet, which is way more drastic. This isn't so bad. You will like her.
Actually i like the Chris actor as well. I think they will have great chemistry together. I'm more worried about that Claire and Wesker tbh.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:48 PM   #9
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I want Wanda Skyes to play Rebecca! *serious post*
Old 10-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #10
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Erm... is this over the Leon and Jill actors? Cause the rest are completely white.
Honestly the Leon actor is pretty much white as well. Only the Jill one is mixed.

I don't really see what you are seeing here. I really like the Jill actress cause i know her from KIlljoys. She also played ghost in Ant-man and she did great work on both. I like her and i think she is perfect for Jill personality wise. She is mixed instead of white. Not a big deal.
For example, the Dune movie is sex changing Liet, which is way more drastic. This isn't so bad. You will like her.
Actually i like the Chris actor as well. I think they will have great chemistry together. I'm more worried about that Claire and Wesker tbh.
Um. Leon’s actor doesn’t look white at all. But more importantly, he looks nothing like Leon (whose original character model was based on Leonardo DiCaprio).

The Dune sex change is awful as well. I don’t support that at all. Adaptations should be trying to bring the characters to life with minimal changes for the purpose of just making it work better. There is absolutely no reason to change the race or sex of a character generally.

And that certainly includes changing the race of minority characters to white.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:18 AM   #11
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
Um. Leon’s actor doesn’t look white at all. But more importantly, he looks nothing like Leon (whose original character model was based on Leonardo DiCaprio).

The Dune sex change is awful as well. I don’t support that at all. Adaptations should be trying to bring the characters to life with minimal changes for the purpose of just making it work better. There is absolutely no reason to change the race or sex of a character generally.

And that certainly includes changing the race of minority characters to white.
OK. Well... i'm not sure what you consider white. The guy looks spanish. That is still white to me.
I mean, you can consider hispanic a different race, but they would only be a minority in the US, cause there are more of them than erm... i'm gonna go and say nordic whites is what you are getting at. Descendants from the people from northern europe.

Anyways, i think they were going for charm with Leon. I guess we will have to see how he looks with the different hairstyle and beard.

Oh,i looked it up. The guy is mixed indian and english. Funny how he came out looking hispanic. Lol! He is totally canadian british btw. I have trouble classifying him as anything but white.
Old 10-11-2020, 02:28 AM   #12
spider-prime

I can't wait for the day when nobody has skin!