The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 10-15-2020, 01:34 PM   #1
Rubeus

The Monster Hunter movie won't be good, but maybe it'll be fun

More action than the teaser, but it's still very different and bad comparing to the game -- but this maybe one of the few movies actually making it in December.

Click for full size

Quote:
The Monster Hunter movie won't be good, but maybe it'll be fun

Here's the official trailer

I am thrilled to confirm that the entirety of Monster Hunter doesn't take place in the desert. Everything we've seen about this movie -- the teasers, the production stills, the posters -- all prominently feature a sandy wasteland and nowhere else. It's so incredibly boring.

This official Monster Hunter trailer shows more. A lot of the monsters, a lot of bewildered troops, and a little vegetation. There's also a lot of artillery chucked around and a lot of retaliatory literal-firepower.

It's not going to be good, is it? Nothing about this looks quality, per se. It's definitely only Monster Hunter in name, some weapon design, and the fact that they're hunting monsters. But how do you adapt a thousand-hour action RPG to a tidy two-hour movie? By giving the Jarheads rocket launchers, I guess. Last week, Moyse politely opined that Monster Hunter "isn't a movie [he'll] be putting at the forefront of [his] watchlist," and I'd like to quadruple down on that sentiment by venturing that it'll be actively bad.

But maybe it'll be fun? It's not Monster Hunter but maybe it can be Godzilla? It seems like the best-case scenario right now is that this turns out to be an entertaining popcorn flick with long, over-the-top anime-ass fights. It's pretty evident that the plot isn't going to do any heavy lifting. But the whole theater might cheer when one of these troops inevitably mounts a Diablo.

Monster Hunter still doesn't have a firm release date, as Sony is only saying it's "in theaters in December." If there's no Meowscular Chef whipping up ridiculous and delicious dishes, what was this all for?

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...n-606798.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 01:15 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

It's like the Resident evil movies.

Bad movie with awesome action and therefore entertaining.

With that said... i spotted ten cent pictures in that trailer and just no. China is already out of Control, not gonna give them money if i can help it.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:37 AM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Personally, I've been trying to buy locally more often. Support people in my area instead of brand names.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote