The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 04-15-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
Alistein

New Too human images and a short character demo video

http://www.playerone.be/videos/too1304.php (video)
http://www.playerone.be/playerone/b...hp?id_news=5795. (Images)

Old 04-15-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
Alucard

Dude, theres a thread like 2 below you could stuck this in.

Pity the clip is technically a tech demo of the creature. The animation is nice and so is the lighting and shadows. But nothing jaw dropping. Half Life 2 has shown stuff like this far over a year ago. Need some gameplay videos.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:14 PM   #3
Alistein

Old 04-15-2006, 08:14 PM   #4
Alistein

Old 04-15-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I really don't get the whole idea of this game. Wasn't it about robots taking over a guy must fight for being human?
Old 04-15-2006, 09:15 PM   #6
Alistein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
I really don't get the whole idea of this game. Wasn't it about robots taking over a guy must fight for being human?
close. the game is based on norse mythology where you play as Baldur god of light ,defending humanity. Here is a little from Dyack.

Quote:
Denis Dyack: Although Too Human has very advanced technology, it takes place in a very distant past on world that has known nothing but war for thousands of years. One of the results of these wars is an ice-age that has lasted three thousand years. The human population has dwindled and most of the population rests in one area under the protection of the Aesir, a military organization specializing in high tech research.

Making things worse, ancient machines of war seemingly without purpose have begun to invade and kill the remaining humans. These races of machines, once tools of war for mankind, now have become self sufficient and evolved far beyond what man once thought possible. These machines were once so rarely seen that they were often referred to as myths and monsters.

Standing between the machine monsters are the gods of Aesir. The gods are elite warriors that are cybernetically enhanced to the point where their powers make them appear godlike to normal men. In Too Human you play the role of Baldur, a cybernetic god, charged with the role of defending mankind against the machines.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/657/657404p2.html.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #7
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Yeah this game is pretty strongly related t norse myth. The developers even said some easter eggs and such will be discovered simply by knowing norse mythology.

Looks tight graphically, ans seems to steal from Ninja Gaiden in all the right places, + it has insanse customization. Lets hope the camera doesn't suck and they dont make it too short in an attempt to make a trilogy out of it.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #8
Alistein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistatee
Yeah this game is pretty strongly related t norse myth. The developers even said some easter eggs and such will be discovered simply by knowing norse mythology.

Looks tight graphically, ans seems to steal from Ninja Gaiden in all the right places, + it has insanse customization. Lets hope the camera doesn't suck and they dont make it too short in an attempt to make a trilogy out of it.
i heard it would be about 25-30 hours. if each game follows suit you would have about 60-75 hrs not bad.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:33 PM   #9
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

Alucard, what is your problem? Why do you compare everything to PC games? Half Life 2 doesn't look nearly as good as Too Human does.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:02 AM   #10
Alucard

Icarus, I was commenting on the video clip. I dont get why you lot think Too Human looks so awesome. Theres better looking games out, and we're all going by screens here. I dont compare games to PC games. Thats the problem you lot have. I compare games to games. Is it my fault that game is on the PC? No. Just like I compare all realistic driving games to Gran Turismo, and all rally games to Rallisport 1. Notice they arent pc games. Do you follow yet?

The reason I mentioned HL2 specifically is because of the ingame video clips they used to release before the game came out. They showed one of the large insect monster on the top of the roof, camera rotating around it as it moved. The sun in the sky reflecting off it and the tiles of the rooftops, so a bit more going on then that video clip above of the alien in Too Human, which doesnt help us in knowing what exactly that engine can do. Now do you see why I specifically meant HL2?
Old 04-16-2006, 04:07 AM   #11
Seska
Slurp

To be honest that video clip is not impressive at all. Grainy textures, negligible backgrounds, and and aliased edges make the video look like it was running on an Xbox, not a 360.

Want impressie footage on the 360? Lost Planet looks a great deal more impressive than this overhyped crap.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:54 AM   #12
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
I dont compare games to PC games. Thats the problem you lot have. I compare games to games. Is it my fault that game is on the PC?
Dont worry Alucard, people are allowed to make assumptions about you, call you out on it with no proof, and then when you try to defend yourself people will be mad at you for "trolling the thread"

er i mean
Quote:
Alucard, what is your problem? Why do you compare everything to PC games?
QFT AMEN!

On topic, those shots look really pretty. Unfortunatly they have the shiny plastic look, but still nice to look at. Except for that forest shot. At first i was like, "wow" but then in closer look it looks like a crappy old polygonal forest with a good lighting effect.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:04 AM   #13
Alucard

haha not my fault one of the best engines around came out on the PC first. What do you expect me to say, this xbox1 engine is legendary? Gimmie a break! HL2 engine ws raved on by everyone. Not just because it looks excellent, but because it RUNS excellent on a lower spec system. Thats what a good engine is. Looks good, doesnt need alot of power. Just like the Unreal engine.

Also you lot forget 1 huge crucuial thing... Games like Too Human for example? This is being built on a PC. MAJORITY of games made are built on the pc. You can go ahead and deny it, but anytime you see developers showing off games, they're sitting at a monitor with a keyboard near them. What am I getting at? I can compare Too Human to HL2 easily. Especially since its been in development LONGER then HL2. WTF have they been doing?
Old 04-16-2006, 05:28 AM   #14
Alistein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
To be honest that video clip is not impressive at all. Grainy textures, negligible backgrounds, and and aliased edges make the video look like it was running on an Xbox, not a 360.

Want impressie footage on the 360? Lost Planet looks a great deal more impressive than this overhyped crap.
Here we go again.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:31 AM   #15
Seska
Slurp

Go look at the Lost Planet trailer then look at this crappy vid, then have the guts to tell me the Too Human vid looks better. Lost Planet makes me want to buy the 360. Too Human makes me yawn.