The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 07-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
You know what is tiring?

Preparing to move and packing up your collection of junk since you collected since you were a toddler...……. holy crap, I'm tired... and I'm not done yet! I still have to pack up my complete collection of Fox Kids 90s Spider-man figures! AGHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm starting to regret buying them all. Only real reason I keep most of the stuff I got throughout the years is that since I was little, I've always known that this stuff would be worth something. so I never opened anything and only bought doubles of stuff I really wanted to play with. So I rather keep them knowing they might be my retirement fund in the future.

I don't buy that much now, games are pretty much the only thing I spend money on and even then, usually only ones I really want.

When I'm done, I will try and take a photo of every box that is only my collection. so far I have over 15 large boxes done...…. This isn't including my comics, over 3000 of them!

Just moving into something smaller if anyone is wondering. Most of you know I was taking care of my father with brain damage, but last month I got him into a nursing home, so I don't need this house and getting a smaller one, just to save money, I'm trying to downsize my entire life so I can have a good retirement instead of a lousy one cause since I have a lot of shit wrong with me, I don't know how long I can work and do even the things I like, so I rather the money so I can live peacefully when I'm older and not have to worry about anything other than dying.

So I'm building a storage unit on my new property and I'm going to use it to store my collection, making it pest and weatherproof and hopefully by the time I'm 60+ they will be worth a good chunk. I already have stuff worth over 1500 dollars right now and I could easily get it cause I already sold some of it that were worth that. My Transformers Car Robots Toys R Us Japan exclusive clear Fire Convoy and God Magus figures with Maximus sword, only way to get the sword from this series and people really wanted it. So I caved and sold it. lol I have others tho! They only made 1000 of that set in Japan.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 01:07 AM   #2
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

I told a friend not to get glass cabinets because he was thinking of building a collection. And he asked me why and I told him straight that in the long term when you move glass cabinets they are one of the most painful things to move.

They proceeded to tell me "that is the same for a lot of things when you move". Not seeing my point in that you can get anything other than a glass cabinet. Moving is a pain in general but you want to make it easier on yourself and those who help you when you do.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:23 AM   #3
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Yup, I like glass cabinets, but I never got any. I just went and got cheap plastic shelves that are meant for tools and stuff. Stronger, holds tons more stuff and easy to get rid of. I put one outside for free, and it was gone in 10 mins.

I'm trying to find in Canada a place to get plastic bags and boxes for Mangas. I don't have a lot of them, but I don't want the ones I really like to get wrecked during the move so I want to take better care of them.

But I can only find places from the US that have them, but shipping is expensive to get a bunch of boxes + the price for each one, well over 200 dollars for something that should only cost me under 50 dollars.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #4
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

The hardest decision I made was just giving all of it away. It sucked in the moment, but looking back I don't regret it. To be honest, I am a pack rat and could easily be on the show Hoarders if given the opportunity to buy/hold on to at my fullest. I just had to do it for my own sanity. The only things i kept were my Star Wars figures, trading cards, and video games.

Everything else: legos, Dino Riders, X-men, etc went bye-bye.

Good luck on this process, Spider.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:41 PM   #5
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
I am honestly shocked this site still exist lol
Old 08-11-2018, 12:33 AM   #6
Joe Redifer
Olé!

It doesn't. You're dead.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:43 AM   #7
spider-prime

Welcome to helllllllll!
Old 08-22-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I'm sure I don't have nearly as much as you, Spider but it definitely gets hard. Realestate starts to become an issue. Good luck.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote