The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 06-08-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
Rubeus

PS5 Reveal Event Officially Rescheduled for June 11

So it was just delayed by one week, sweet.

Click for full size

(UPDATES)
  • Sony recommends headphones as "there's some cool audio work" (note that the PS5 will come with various HRTF footprints and settings that a stream cannot compensate for, uncompressed audio etc).
  • Show has been pre-recorded at 1080p@30fps due to work at home conditions for employees across various studios (Sony and 3rd party most likely).
  • Individual 4K trailers of the majority of games will upload after the show.
  • The show is confirmed to last a little more than an hour. Since it's pre-recorded we can maybe hope for some more focused content (it took 48 minutes before the first proper demo, Killzone SF, was shown during original 2013 PS4 unveil).

Quote:
PS5 Reveal Event Officially Rescheduled for June 11

See the future on June 11.

Sony has officially confirmed the new date and time of its PS5 game reveal event following the early publication of an advertisement on Twitch.

"Hi all - thanks for being patient and understanding while we rescheduled this PS5 event for Thursday, June 11 at 1pm Pacific Time / 9pm BST. We needed to step aside so key voices could be heard during this historic and important time," Sony's official announcement reads, while offering additional details on the pre-taped stream's quality.

"Now that the event is confirmed for June 11, I wanted to add that this pre-taped program will be broadcast at 1080p and 30 frames per second. This eased the show’s production process during a time when many of our team and developers are working from home. The games you’ll see on Thursday will look even better when you play them on PS5 with a 4K TV, as you’d expect.

It’s also best if you watch while wearing headphones, if you can — there’s some cool audio work in the show, and it might be harder to appreciate if it’s pumped through your phone or laptop speakers."

Original story follows:
A Sony advert on Twitch has revealed that its PlayStation 5 event will now take place on Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 1pm PT/4pmET/9pm BST.

The date was revealed via a Twitch ad, and we're expecting an official announcement to come in the near future from PlayStation's official channels. IGN has captured the below screenshot, confirming the new date.

Sony was originally set to reveal the PS5 on June 4, 2020, but it decided to delay it in response to the global protests that followed the death of George Floyd.

The PlayStation 5, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, is still scheduled to be released during Holiday 2020. Sony also stated that the yet unknown price of the next-gen console has not been affected by the pandemic either.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-rev...ed-for-june-11

Last edited by Rubeus; 06-09-2020 at 11:45 PM.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Fingers crossed it doesn't get delayed again.

I do think this delay lowered the hype. Let's hope it delivers.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:21 PM   #3
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I wonder if they will announce a price...

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:55 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

Likely not. They are gonna play a staring contest with Microsoft on that front.

I worry that the leaks already ruined any potential their presentation had. We'll see. I hope they have more than remasters of Souls games.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:01 AM   #5
Rubeus

This was the "leaked" final design of PS5, see if it holds true.

Old 06-09-2020, 11:09 AM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Consoles should just officially be called paper weights. Honestly, it's like they are doing it on purpose. Both PS and XB.

Ah well... not like it matters.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #7
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Likely not. They are gonna play a staring contest with Microsoft on that front.

I worry that the leaks already ruined any potential their presentation had. We'll see. I hope they have more than remasters of Souls games.
That would actually be enough for me. that's just me though.

PS, what leaks?
Old 06-09-2020, 06:24 PM   #8
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
That would actually be enough for me. that's just me though.

PS, what leaks?
The leaks are that bluepoint studios is remaking Demons souls and remastering Bloodborn for PS5. Yes, a remaster of a PS4 game. -.-
Old 06-09-2020, 06:35 PM   #9
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

That might make you roll your eyes but it makes mine roll back in my head. Ohh yeah.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #10
Ernst

That leak is hideous. Let’s hope it doesn’t look like that.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:15 PM   #11
Rubeus

It sure looks a lot like a giant door stopper
Old 06-10-2020, 08:50 AM   #12
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
That might make you roll your eyes but it makes mine roll back in my head. Ohh yeah.
Fair enough if you like it. I'm not a fan of Souls games so it doesnt do much for me.