The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-11-2003, 08:25 AM   #1
Alucard

First Jedi spawned in SWG!

Quote:
Talk about a short honeymoon. Over the weekend, players of Star Wars Galaxies, the film-inspired massive-multiplayer online role-playing game, learned that two players had achieved Jedi Initiate status. The pair were the first in the game's four-and-a-half month history to do so.

Today, the MMORPG site Allakhazam's Magical Realm is reporting that a massive bounty--150,000 credits--is being offered for the newly hatched Jedi's heads. As of press time, they had not been killed.

Reaction in the Galaxies community has been mixed. Some see the bounties as a cynical move by Sony Online Entertainment to keep the Jedi population down, others praise it as being true to the spirit of the SW films. Unsurprisingly, the most common reaction has been bloodthirsty enthusiasm by players with bounty-hunter characters, who have posted comments like "It's safari time!" on SWG forums.
gyahaha. Sucked in Jedi n00bs!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 07:30 PM   #2
TheHardware
The Moment..

ya know ..all the hype around it is really good for the game and im glad it took so long....makes it something to look forward to...currently i am having problems with holocrons..so i guess my jedi days are a bit off .....
Old 11-12-2003, 05:59 AM   #3
Seska

Considering its gonna take 6 months of near-constant playing to become a jedi.... I think Ill play KOTOR instead.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:52 PM   #4
Vyse
Coup de Grace!

I have been a bit confused as to the perks of being a jedi, does it just make you a higher level than everyone around you?

Star Wars Galaxies looked really coo, but from what I've seen I'll stick with Dark Age Of Camelot.

Horizons and Dragon Empires or whatever its called both look pretty cool though, as does WoW

Best-Blog-EVAR
Vyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 10:54 PM   #5
NEO-GEO
Super Ultra Member

Re: First Jedi spawned in SWG!

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
[b]

gyahaha. Sucked in Jedi n00bs!

Wow, thats kinda sad.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:22 PM   #6
Seska

Quote:
Originally posted by Vyse
I have been a bit confused as to the perks of being a jedi, does it just make you a higher level than everyone around you?
Apparently it unlocks your force sentitive slots, meaning you get to work on special Jedi powers (lightning, chick, push, whatever) as well as allowing you to design your own Lightsabers. Being what they are , Im guessing Lightsabers will be the uberest of uber weapons in the game.

And since MMORPGs are about tbeing the uberest of the uber, well, I guess thats why people are jealous. And thats why I avoid MMORPGs.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:30 PM   #7
Drunken Savior

I hope they die soon. Last thing I wanna hear about is people getting hacked up by Jedis screaming "I jus PAWN3D JOO NOOOB!"

...well...it's better than Lucas' Episode 1 script...but I still won't settle for it.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 03:43 AM   #8
Alucard

Re: Re: First Jedi spawned in SWG!

Quote:
Originally posted by gaia
Wow, thats kinda sad.
Not sad if its taken from a bounty hunters perspective. Sad coming from someone who takes Jedi's a little too seriously and thinks they should be undefeatable gods in the universe.

Dont worry about Horizons if I were you. The game is SO old that it already looks dated. Stick with Lineage 2 or EQ 2 over that.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:48 PM   #9
jeremy_aerts

I bought star wars galaxies and played it for about a week....i just can't stand battling in mmorpgs...click on the guy and basically press attack....i dunno, i'm sure some day the mmorpg for me will come out.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:46 PM   #10
Alucard

hehe.. You've missed the entire point of what an mmorpg is. If all it was was about clicking someone and pressing attack then noone would play it.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:13 PM   #11
jeremy_aerts

hahaha, i know it's simply not that...ok, i admit it. I just didn't have the patience to dive into the game when max payne 2 was right next to my computer....(runs off to beat the game)
Old 11-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #12
Alucard

A worthy excuse! No is the wrong time to start up an mmorpg. Wait another 2-3 months after all the good games come out and theres that pause till july. First half of the year is best time to play.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:52 AM   #13
jeremy_aerts

actually that's what i was thinking, and by then they should have added a lot of new features like those creature mounts and more jedi's should be around.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:46 AM   #14
Seska

By then Lineage 2 will be out and SWG can kindly go to rot alongside Eps 1-3!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:16 AM   #15
TheHardware
The Moment..

creature mounts are out along with new job polotician and so are player cities..the scope of this game is great..next come vehicles..then ships like tie fighters and xwings..pod racing will be included....and much more ..and as we all know jedis have been sighted..they are still hiding...i guess they arent strong enough..

hey i wont knock anyone for not likeing theh game..but it really is a great game....i have tons of fun playing...and all the added stuff is coming in nicely....i highly recommed it...i know it took long but.it was jurney worth taking (imo)

if anyone wants to play it..join the intrepid server my name on there is rio liphe..look me up maby we can adventure together.....