The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 09-27-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
justin_credible

What happens when you subtract from Zero?

You get a negative.

Quote:
Perfect Dark scaled down to meet launch deadline

Posted Sep 27, 2005, 1:00 PM ET by James Ransom-Wiley
Related entries: First Person Shooters, Online, Xbox 360

Perfect Dark Zero (old render)Rare has been forced to make some last minute cuts to ensure that Perfect Dark Zero will be at the forefront of the Xbox 360 launch. Initially, Rare had promised 50-player online multiplayer capabilities; that number has been scaled back to 32, which is still twice the number of standard, current generation titles on Xbox Live. In addition, the DataDyne TV mode was scrapped; a feature that would have allowed players to watch and upload multiplayer matches.

However, Rare has suggested that these cutbacks may be implemented via an Xbox Live download at a later date. No word yet on whether or not this download would cost money. But having to pay extra to enjoy the features we?ve been looking forward to all along would make for some unhappy gamers. Seriously. Unhappy. Gamers.
http://xbox360.joystiq.com/entry/1234000390060688/

I guess instead of improving the game and delaying it you can always cut things out of it so that it hits the date you want.

It's rediculous that they're cutting things out a month or two before the release date. They've only been working on the game for like what 3 or 4 years? why not just one more delay? I'm sure M$ had a say in this.

Last edited by justin_credible; 09-27-2005 at 03:58 PM.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
Paper exe
Pwnd

OMG.
Xbox 360 no longer have my vote; I am no longer interested in half games, which I have to:
1) Wait for it.
2) Will not be in the main game only as a mission or a new map and they will have to rush the main signal player mode, which they would cancel these levels that in the middle of the game to release it in time, which it cannot be updated.
3) It will cost me more then what I would already pay for.
4) For someone like me, I cannot download it even if I had the money.
5) Microsoft has done it. They made a good way to rip off people and ruin gaming.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
DBJAY

If you had no way to download updates, then you couldn't have used the ONLINE mutliplayer matches and the ONLINE Datadyne tv mode.

For all the people without XBL, this makes zero difference. For those with it, it is at best an inconvenience.
DBJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:34 PM   #4
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBJAY
If you had no way to download updates, then you couldn't have used the ONLINE mutliplayer matches and the ONLINE Datadyne tv mode.

For all the people without XBL, this makes zero difference. For those with it, it is at best an inconvenience.
Yeah but it says they may consider having it on XBL later. It's not confirmed, and I someone doubt there will be any updates on Live that will change the amount back to 52. So for now the only thing that's confirmed is that they are removing the features, not that you will get them back later.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:40 PM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I always thought 50+ player was overkill anyway. I did want the video mode though. Actually I thought that was the coolest feature they had going.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #6
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Eh. Xbox Live? Who cares? Anyway I think the Xbox360 comes with a gold or platinum Live membership (or some other form of valuable metal) and that will let you pretty much do everything FOR FREE except play with other players online, but you could still download content for free (or pay for the content without paying for a LIVE subscription). But still, Perfect Dark.... I saw a ton of brand new Perfect dark's for the N64 at Toys R Us, sealed in the box, selling for $4.99 each. Must be fantastic. I wouldn't get this game for the 360 pretty much no matter what.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:08 PM   #7
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Whoa, a Rare game releasing on time? Thats a first, and in only costed them gamplay features.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #8
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Just as long as the single player rocks I do not care.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:57 PM   #9
QECocoa

im sure team ninja could have put the hurricane packs in the ninja gaiden first release but didnt because of time constraint.

i would understand if someone said that the main selling point of PD0 for them in the first place was the 50 multiplayer ... otherwise, im already satisfied they mentioned "its running stable at 32" with minimal bugs and stuff ... im happy with this
QECocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:35 PM   #10
shaselai
RPG Fanboy

well hope we dont get news of other "cutbacks"...
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:51 AM   #11
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

Halo had cutbacks as well, to make the launch date and it was still great. The flame thrower and a few other features were cut out.

I'm taking a wait and see approach with PDZero, as what I've seen so far is nothing special to me. At this point, I think Quake 4 looks better.
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:26 AM   #12
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Wow that is kind of a big cut for multiplayer players. From 50 to 32. I have a friend who was excited because it had over 50 players online.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:22 AM   #13
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariX
The flame thrower and a few other features were cut out.
OMG, that's a crime worse then anything cutting out the flamethrower dear oh dear....
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:51 AM   #14
Alucard

There was more cut out of Halo, these involved the term QUALITY Its funny how they mention only the online stuff that are cut out. I bet you any money that single player ideas suffered a few changes and cut backs also. Looks like MS finally know the frustration nintendo had with them.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 06:56 AM   #15
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
perfect dark on the N64 sucked, so I don't expect much from this one either, Goldeneye still owns this game over anything, and someone stole my GOLDENEYE! ARGH! and I had every single cheat unlocked the legit way! NOOOOO!

oh well
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote