The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 11-12-2002, 06:25 PM   #106
FumieHosokawa
changed how I judge women

Quote:
Originally posted by Solar
I think you only get pop ups in the old school, try switching to default mode.
I switched, and it was okay for a while, but now they're back, more than ever. I appreciate the suggestion, Overlord, but I don't want yet another application running in the background I have to suspect when Windows crashes... I'll take Mozilla, thanks.
FumieHosokawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:57 AM   #107
Twelve
Sky is gone; 12 is HERE!

I downloaded AD MUNCHER and it works like a dream. I don't get pop-ups anymore....EVER...on any website.

Old 11-17-2002, 05:46 AM   #108
DarkSavior

So uhh.. yeah, just wanted to properly state my presence here in the forums. Definitely a newb in this forum, but not necessarily a newb in general. And don't expect me to make any fanboy comments either. :cool guy:
Old 11-17-2002, 05:51 AM   #109
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

You pop a link in chat and people flock on board. Oh well, as long as you wipe the GFF off your shoes, come on in I suppose. Just don't let any dogs follow you home. I'm just all about making vauge comments only a few will understand right now. Don't mind me, you'll all figure it out.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:21 AM   #110
Nate

Full name's Jonathan
Currently studying Engineering in college

Exams are ending on *this* Friday! Yay!

Hey notice how Alucard didn't post in this forum?
Old 11-22-2002, 07:39 PM   #111
Ogni
In bed with Sega!

Well, I think I should introduce myself, too.
My name is Ingo (spell it backwards and you see where my screen name comes from). I live in Germany and have been a gamer since I was about 6 or 7. I'm 23 years old, and I'm a clerk in foreign business.
I'm most interested in innovative games, therfore I'm a huge Sega fan. I'm not the gamer I used to be since Sega went mulit platform (it really broke my heart). I used to run a little german DC-site (ww.dcfan.de), but I haven't payed my provider in quite some time, so no need to check the adress...

Greetings to everyone!

PS: I used to post as "Ogni-XR21" (my PSO alias) but due to cookie problems I could not log on any more, and now I use the simple name...
Old 11-28-2002, 06:38 PM   #112
Stokesy
lalala

Wel, as everyone seems to be introducing themselves, i may as well fall in line. I'm Chris (Stokes),17, and i'm in a 6th doing chemistry, biology, mixed english and ICT. All good fun.
I'm really into RPG, survival horror, some FPS's and platformers, but anything if its fun and i enjoy it.
Been in several bands, one that played infront of about 100 of my friends (wooo, go me!) which was nice.Lol once i did a jump-thing on stage which didnt turn out as i had planed, and dont even get me started when i had to do the backing vocals for 'the kids aren't alright' by the Offspring!
:yikes:
I'm a Nintendo person through-and-through, and personally think GC has the most promising future out of the three main consoles, but thats just me.

I'll see you all later!
Old 11-30-2002, 05:20 AM   #113
Neo Otacon

Hi, my name is Ken, I'm 19 and, well, I'm new to these forums, so I don't really know much of the layout, but from what I've seen so far, everyone here seems to be cool.

I specialize in video game retail (celebrating my 1-year anniversary of being a corporate whore) and feel I need to do a little more research to secure a higher position in my (temporary, hopefully) ocupation. I own everything Squaresoft, yet can't stop myself from hating them, as well as the demonic Sony empire (Sony=EVIL).

I'm pretty big on Japanese culture, which is a no-brainer considering my love for import games anime and J-Rock/ Visual Rock/Other varied genres (Dir en Grey, Malice Mizer, some other labels you people could care less about). Currently, I have 1 semester of formal education in Japanese, and an epic self-taught vocabulary. I aspire to completely master the Japanese language, thus allowing me to get the hell outta this country, perhaps landing some GTO-style teaching career.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. YO...RO... SHI... KUuu!!!
Neo Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 09:39 PM   #114
camac
I feel so good.

hey everybody, name's david, 18, might as well make this my first post here.
Mostly a PS2 gamer, but i play plenty of GC and GBA. Currently playing, suiluden 3, metroid fusion, tales of phantasia, and Super metroid. Currently studing at the art institute of Fort Lauderdale down here in lovely sunny Florida, heh. Studying Animation so i can get into game developing. They just started a new program called at my school called Game Arts (or something like that), i'm going to try getting into that asap.

hey, btw i noticed that the img code in the sig feild is off, i suppose you guys don't like sig pics eh? i could just use html code but i figure you have img code off for a reason...

well, see ya around.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:21 PM   #115
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Hey I jus noticed this thread

Hi my name is Sam, I?m 19 (20 in about a month), I live in Southern California and currently I'm going to a community college going for my general ed. I?m planning to get into computer graphics or animation.

Favorite genres: RPG, Action, and Adventure
Current favorite game: Metroid Prime and Shinobi
Favorite Japanese Anime: Cowboy Bebop
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 12:29 PM   #116
markavellie

Wassup everybody? I'ma new here. Think the site is great; figured I'd let you know how I got here. I found the link at tronix.

Anyway, I am a freshman Computer Science major at West Virginia University. And of course, I love videogames. I am certainly a fan of Nintendo. Also, I am currently staff at a great website netjak.com. Although I don't know what I do there. (I think I am just the guy who hangs out at their forums all the time so I got staff status.)
markavellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 05:57 PM   #117
Icy Squall

Hi everyone. I'm a long time fan of thr Magic Box site and since its so good I have decieded to check out the forums. Well I have arrived so Hi!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:53 PM   #118
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

Took me several weeks before I actually bothered to observe this thread. May as well do my part.

My name is Michael. I enjoy older games because I feel they placed the gameplay before the graphics and other superficialities that permeate from almost every game these days. Not that I don't enjoy a good game of DoA3. I tend more towards games like Zelda, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Castlevania, etc. and prefer a good rewarding challenge to being bored to death with visual effects. I like every style of game, from racing and sports, to action/adventure/RPG, to puzzle, etc. Anything goes. That is, anything until it gets several sequels that don't do anything much different and thus do not make me feel a purchase will hold any merit. I'd rather be confined into a RPG than make it an intrusive event (on-line), though I do enjoy a good one-on-one challenge (fighting games in particular). I miss the days when the arcades were a utopia of gaming (the 16-bit days in particular) because that was where most of the truly special gaming moments happened to me. Although i'd love to bring that magic back, nowadays, with all these super-powerful home consoles, there has been a lack of expectation on my part due to lack of vision and creativity in the 'industry' (I hate that word). With all this power, nobody has shown a proper usage of it other than to simply throw in a ton of polygons and not take things any further than graphically. A great great game back in the day would be an event, but nowadays it's just a contest of who can push whatever platform to the fullest and they are immediately deemed quality (a-la Doom 3/Halo 2).
As you can tell from my way of thinking, I tend to get into debates moreso than most others, since my opinions can't help but be intrusive to someone else's ideals. That's fine though. Discussions can be very rewarding and you might learn something new.
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 09:40 AM   #119
Smurfbert
It's Game over man!

Ohoy - Prob the Oldest gamer on this board - 27, Love videogames and have been playing since the VCS, I work in a small company doing their accounting, besides my beutifull girlfriend I have had a love affair with Nintendo for 15 or so years. Their games are simply amazing. I also really enjoy the XBOX, mainly because of their Live service.

I enjoy ladies (mostly my gf), getting smashed, techno/trance (innercity parties), meatballs, Sweden, and my good old crazy buddies.
Smurfbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 12:42 PM   #120
Mutter
Olimar is my mate

I'm 15 and enjoy going out, Nintendo, Cricket and probably some other stuff.
Mutter is offline   Reply With Quote