The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-10-2019, 12:46 AM   #1
Rubeus

NeoGeo Arcade Stick Pro is a fighting stick with 20 classic games pre-installed

This should've been released in the first place instead of last year's Neo Geo Classic Mini.

Quote:
NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro is a fighting stick with 20 classic SNK fighting games pre-installed

Usable as a joystick or as a console.

The NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro, which was first announced earlier this month, is a fighting stick that comes with 20 classic SNK fighting games pre-installed, SNK announced. It will be released worldwide, but a release date has yet to be announced.

Get the details below.

About NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro is an incredibly unique fighting stick in that it comes with fighting games pre-installed! It was inspired by the NEOGEO CD’s controller design and was blown up to fighting stick size. (W 430mm Χ D 215mm Χ H 125mm) Additionally, the arcade stick can switch between two modes: Arcade Stick Mode and Console Mode.

At the moment, we have plans for a world-wide release. (However, please understand that the specifics may change based on the country.) Please wait for more updates concerning launch date and price.

Joystick Mode

In this mode, you can use the arcade stick normally by simply plugging it into a NEOGEO mini or PC. We guarantee a solid experience with this arcade stick.

Console Mode

In this mode, simply connect the stick via an HDMI cable into a TV and get ready to enjoy some of SNK’s finest fighting games. There are 20 pre-installed NEOGEO classics just waiting to be played. You can even rearrange the button layout in the options menu. Also, you can attach NEOGEO mini PAD controllers or even another NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro for some glorious two-player action!

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/neogeo-a...-pre-installed
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 04:23 AM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Agreed that this is what snk should have released first and it already looks better than the mounstrosity that capcom plans to release.

It's a let down that it will come with half of what the neo geo mini offers but if it means that it gets a better work on the graphic upscaling, pricing and (why the hell not) distribution then it might not be so bad.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Looks cheap, probably because of the colors. I wonder how it actually feels. If reviews say it feels solid and has any modding potential I could see me picking this up, especially if it has Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade 2. Have they released the list?
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Not a big fan of SNK games... but yet... I bought them. No clue why... I think I have a addiction problem.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Old 09-11-2019, 10:22 PM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
haha, That's why I sold quite a few games, over 100+ games so far. I realized that I was buying for the sake of buying instead of playing them.

I have almost 1000 games just on my steam account, only played about 100 of them. lol
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #7
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

https://kotaku.com/snk-reveals-the-t...k-i-1838275275

SNK Reveals The Twenty Games For Neo Geo Arcade Stick

The King of Fighters ‘95

The King of Fighters ‘97

The King of Fighters ‘98

The King of Fighters ‘99

The King of Fighters 2000

The King of Fighters 2002

Fatal Fury Special

Fatal Fury 3

Garou: Mark of Wolves

Samurai Shodown II

Samurai Shodown III

Samurai Shodown IV

Samurai Shodown V

The Art of Fighting

World Heroes 2

World Heroes 2 Jet

World Heroes Perfect

Ninja Master’s

The Last Blade 2

Kizuna Encounter

Should have ditched one of the King of fighter games so they could get The first Last Blade up there but still a pretty good fighting game lineup.
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #8
Nem
Smash bro!

You know... i tried some of those games recently in the vita. While they are good fighters, the problem with old SNK fighters is the AI. Playing solo is an exercise in frustration.

So, i'd say apply only if you got someone else to play with you.