The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 01-31-2019, 01:00 AM   #1
Rubeus

Sony 1st Party Studios Shifting to PS5 Development as Dev Kits are out

Guess what are the launch titles? New Ratchet?

Quote:
SIE’s First-Party Studios Supposedly Shifting to PS5 Development as Dev Kits Are Going Out to Developers

To some, it may seem too soon to start talking about the next generation of consoles. After all, the PS4 is doing amazingly, recently reaching over 90 million units sold. However, with the PS4 coming up on its sixth birthday, it’s no question that development for PS5 is slowly ramping up as a priority for first-party studios. An analyst named Daniel Ahmed, who works at market research company Niko Partners, seems to have the scoop on PS5 and how SIE is approaching its development.

Ahmed stated on a ResetEra thread:
PS5 dev kits are out there and I’ve heard positive things about it. But I wouldn’t expect any information in the immediate future. 2019 will be another solid year for the platform due to the large install base, growing network sales, strong third party software, first party software and back catalog. Lineup for the first half of the year is set but second half is still in flux. Sony also has a couple of unannounced games (already existing IP) with PS4 in mind but I’m conscious that there have been discussions around making them cross gen/next gen titles. In general, most of the focus for Sony 1P is on PS5 right now. It is still early to talk about next gen but I imagine we’ll hear some whispers come out of GDC.
Many are expecting to get an announcement for the new system this year, with perhaps a 2020 release window for a PlayStation 5. With Sony skipping PSX 2018 and E3 2019, the mystery surrounding the company’s plans for the future is uncertain. As it takes the lead in the console-sphere, it has an opportunity to start the next generation off on the right foot and continue its success.

Do you think we’ll get a PS5 announcement this year? Let us know in the comments!

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...to-developers/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 05:42 AM   #2
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I hope it takes physical media. Maybe not a disc, but cartridges of some sort. Preferably high-speed ones so they don't need to install. Also I'd like to see an optional disc drive that can be hooked up to allow the system to play movies and backwards compatibility games. Will Sony screw the pooch again with BC on the PS5?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

This is one of the most obvious secrets ever. Why else would they have been skipping conventions? We all knew this already. They have been preparing for next gen since last year.

As for PS5... i would really like backwards compatibility cause i still got plenty to play from the PS4.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:53 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yah, I just want B/C, if they don't have it, I might skip the PS5 till tons of price drops later. probably best to do that anyways.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #5
napoleonsmith

Re:

Does they allow the system to play movies and backwards compatibility games? it is important.
napoleonsmith is offline   Reply With Quote