The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 05-08-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
Rubeus

New info on Persona 5 The Royal includes confidants, save data, pacing tweaks & more

Morgana's true is another high school student?

Click for full size

Click for full size

Quote:
New info on Persona 5 The Royal includes confidants, save data, pacing tweaks and more

This time we'll ALL see it coming

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu features a slew of interesting tidbits about Persona 5 The Royal, the updated edition of Atlus' super-successful 2017 RPG. The new info was garnered during an interview with Director Daiki Itoh and Producer Kazuhisa Wada.

Firstly, the duo revealed that "The Royal" subheader reflects the idea that the team hold this release in high regard as a particularly special product. This was then followed with a variety of comments pertaining to the release's character and gameplay alterations. The XP system has been tweaked in order to help the overall pace and tempo of the game - easily its biggest issue - although that may be contradicted with the addition of a third semester, which will apparently go beyond the scope of previous expansions such as Persona 4 Golden.

In regards to characters, new girl Kasumi will allow the story to show pre-existing leads in a new light. Kasumi will also be an optional Confidant. Speaking of Confidants, all new character Maruki will be joining the long list of shitty adults featured in the Persona 5 cast. Although unwilling to reveal further details, Itoh and Wada hinted that there are further Confidants to be revealed. I hope one of them is the person running the DVD library.

Fans of Persona 5's jazz-oriented score will be pleased to hear that 20 new tracks will be added to the soundtrack. We'll have to wait and see if these are entirely new tracks or just remixes, but more Persona music is never a bad thing. It was also noted that, unfortunately, you will not be able to carry over your save data from Persona 5, but you will receive an undisclosed bonus for having it saved on your PS4.

Finally, it was said that, at one point in the story, "a handsome male character" sleeps in Joker's bed alongside him. This is probably a reference to the rumoured "Human Morgana" that has shown up in several early screenshots.

I'm a fan of Persona 5, but I'm really not sure if I have it in me to run through the entire game again. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get hooked with future reveal of new characters, or perhaps other fun and unique features. Still, make Sae Nijima a party member, and you can have all of my money. All of it. Today and going forward into the future.

Persona 5 The Royal launches on PS4 in Japan October 31, before heading west in 2020.

https://www.destructoid.com/new-info...e-552884.phtml

Last edited by Rubeus; 05-08-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 11:56 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
dang, too bad they didn't have it was more of an expansion/DLC for people who have the first game and just let us play the new stuff without restarting. oh well.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... i'm happy and upset. Upset cause this should be dlc rather than a new game sale. Happy cause i didn't actually play it yet and will get to play the better version instead.