The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 04-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
Rubeus

Persona 5 Royal Launches October 2019 In Japan, 2020 Worldwide For PS4

Safe to say this works on PS5?

Quote:
Persona 5 Royal Launches October 2019 In Japan, 2020 Worldwide For PS4

At the end of the live concert special Persona Super Live 2019, a full trailer for the updated version of Persona 5, called Persona 5 Royal, was shown. There was a ton of new stuff revealed including the new party member for the Phantom Thieves, additional areas for social activities, new attack animations, and a whole bunch more. As for release date, Persona 5 Royal is set to launch in Japan on October 31, 2019 and worldwide sometime in 2020 exclusively for PlayStation 4.

In the trailer, you can hear a new theme song and watch gameplay from areas that were not included in the original version. Particularly, you can roam around Kichijoji, visit an aquarium, engage in new social scenes with new characters, and play pool and darts with the whole team. You can also see additional attack animations, specifically one featuring Haru and Morgana in a sort of partner attack similar to those added in Persona 4 Golden. Makoto can be seen throwing lightning-fast fists Kenshiro-style after Ryuji sets up the attack. It also appears that there is a new palace (or at least a new area to fight in) going off of where Haru and Morgana's new attack was performed.

The new party member goes by the name of Yoshizawa Kasumi, and she's also a transfer student at Shujin Academy who's a gymnast. You can see her critical hit animation in the trailer for a brief moment as well. She's going to play a major role and change up the original storyline; brief snippets of new cutscenes can be seen as well. It seems there's another major character by the name of Takuto Maruki, who is a school counselor at Shujin and a new Confidant.

Click for full size

And if the original game wasn't long enough for you, there will be a third semester in the storyline along with extra events towards the end of the game to help flesh out the conclusion. You can catch a glimpse of it where the whole crew is celebrating New Years Day and Yusuke appears to be setting up the perfect group picture.

There is a lot more to breakdown, which you can expect from us soon. You can watch the new trailer for the Japanese version of Persona 5 Royal above.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pe.../1100-6466436/
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Japanese trailer
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
oh great! it's even longer! Why not just make a new game based between the main story's plot?
I hate when they do shit like this! I don't want to play the game again just to see the new story parts.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:16 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

So... it really is like FES and the golden.

Well... guess i will leave it for next year and play the complete package. Really annoying this isn't DLC for the original though.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:52 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
as least fes and golden were handheld ports that needed something new to get people to buy them.
This is more like, yah we didn't do a good job the first time, we rushed it, this is what we really wanted to release.

At least Catherine remake is years after the original game was released and not a year and half.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote