The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 03-05-2019, 12:47 AM   #1
Rubeus

Anthem Players Allegedly Experiencing PS4 Shutdowns, Claim Sony Is Offering Refunds

Can you still keep the game if you get the refund?

Click for full size

Quote:
Anthem Players Allegedly Experiencing PS4 Shutdowns, Claim Sony Is Offering Refunds

The shutdowns may have the potential to brick consoles, according to player reports.

A number of PlayStation 4 owners are allegedly experiencing console crashes while trying to play Anthem, leading to an influx of refund requests aimed at Sony and Electronic Arts.

As reported by Kotaku, players are posting their experiences across Reddit, Twitter, and the official Anthem forum, detailing a problem in which their PS4s completely and unexpectedly shut down while trying to play or close out of BioWare's online RPG.

"When encountering a crash or game error, sometimes I get booted to the main menu or out of the game completely to the PS4 dashboard," wrote Reddit user forthemaster. "But twice now when trying to matchmake my PS4 has completely turned off." The thread, and others like it, are filled with players claiming to have encountered the same problem.

Those experiencing the issue, including a poster on the Anthem forum, allege their consoles react to the crashes as if "someone pulled the plug without properly shutting the hardware down or if the power went out in the house." Upon restarting their consoles, players are reportedly met with error code CE-36329-3, which PlayStation describes as a "system software" error.

Update, 3/4 3:50 p.m. PT: In a statement recently posted to the EA Help Twitter account, EA acknowledged it is aware of some crashing issues and directed players to the EA Answers website. The company's full statement reads:

"We’re aware of a crashing issue some of you have been reporting for #AnthemGame. We’re investigating and ask that you share your crash data reports when prompted. If you have, we’ll be reaching out to gather info; if not, please reply to this thread on AHQ:"

The crashes, however, may prove more damaging to some, as multiple Reddit users allege their PS4s have been bricked following the Anthem-related crashes.

Though the number of reports have seemingly increased over the past 24 hours, some forum posts detailing this issue date back to last week. According to player reports, the issue has the potential to affect both standard PS4s and PS4 Pro consoles.

Players who've requested a refund due the issue have reportedly done so with varying degrees of success. Reddit user Malavestro claims to have received a full refund from Sony, though it appears most requests are being denied.

IGN has reached out to both Sony for comment on these alleged refunds, as well as whether a fix might be in the works.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/03/...fering-refunds
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 02:11 AM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

This is what people gets for still placing their trust in EA.

A rushed game that they just wanted to put in the market asap even jumping over technical issues that didn't even cover with day 1 patch.

It's laughable that there's people defending this and with the mentality that if it didn't happened to me then the problem doesn't exists.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Bioware is probably the next company to get axed. I swear EA is some kind of zombie vampire. First they turn other devs then suck them dry and leave them a shambling corpse.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
This is what people gets for still placing their trust in EA.

A rushed game that they just wanted to put in the market asap even jumping over technical issues that didn't even cover with day 1 patch.

It's laughable that there's people defending this and with the mentality that if it didn't happened to me then the problem doesn't exists.
You know... the problem is that it's popular to hate on everything these days. Especially cause of youtube.
At some point people just tune out or have to tune out so they can enjoy anything at all and the real dozzies like this don't get the atention they deserve.

Honestly, the internet is both a blessing and a curse.

I knew this game was gonna be a disaster like many others. But, it's EA's fault. The greed, the thought that everything has to be a live service to make the big bucks. But, not only is that kind of game not what Bioware and it's fans want as there is a fecking limit to the time people have to play games.

I don't mean any offense to any of you from there, but the american corporate mentality is disgusting and i'm really sick of it. The 360 and the games market becoming centered in the west was the worst thing that ever happened to it. When Japan was leading these shannenigans weren't a thing. Now, even some of the japanese companies jump on the greed roll.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:09 PM   #5
Hagane
Unlucky dog

I don't think bioware is going to get buried just yet, they still got the next dragon age in works but people also need to understand that the current bioware isn't the same that it was a decade ago. That was another burden this game carried, that it was overhyped and the disappointment turned overwhelming.

This could have used another year in development to ensure quality and performance stability but live services and microtransactions gets prioritized.

And yeah, it is awful to see how the industry as a whole is going this way.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote