The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-22-2006, 10:11 AM   #46
Alucard

I'll be waiting for you outside!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:09 AM   #47
SuperAngelo64
They call me "Derek G. Wop"

Watch out Seraph, you might get the same treatment Nindalf's avie got.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #48
Seraph
>:3

Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #49
Alucard

oh ****...its ON bitch!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #50
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Ragnarok has some great music in it.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:56 AM   #51
Seraph

Ah yes, another one sees the light. You should hear the new themes for Eihnbroch and Lighthazen. Its good stuff, i can send them to you if youd like. SoundTemp is a great team of composers.

And in RO2 all your music will be done by Yokko Kanno of cowboy bebop fame. The Koreans might pump out alot of generic MMORPG's, but RO is their bread and butter. You dont screw around with your B&B
Old 03-23-2006, 02:14 AM   #52
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

If only all the companies would avoid screwing around with their best games. Then there may be less crappy sequals to what were quality originals.
da missinlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:53 AM   #53
Alucard

Do you lot play your games for music or for complexity in gameplay? Cause right now all I'm seeing is music talk since RO and PSU are very simple. You CAN play mp3s in the background you know.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:08 AM   #54
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

I used to listen to mp3s whenever I played a game, and then I realized its better to actually pay attention in game and stopped for some games.
da missinlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:31 AM   #55
Alucard

When it comes to mmorpgs it doesnt matter. Unless you play ones like EQ2 where every npc and quest is spoken to you. Otherwise you can have mp3s blasting away or even play without sound. Single player games are a totally different story. Dont listen to mp3s while playing them. Thats dumb.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #56
Seraph

Oh Alucard, Music is just one of the wonderful slices of magic that make up RO. Normally I would agree with you about turning the music off on a PC game and listening to your own MP3's (since from my experince, PC developers hardly put lots of money and emphisis on the music in their games). But when the Music is well composed and fits the game your playing, I say leave it on.

Who said a MMORPG had to be complex for it to be fun? And furthermore, how is RO more simple than other MMORPG's?
Old 03-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #57
Alucard

Didnt say it had to be more complex. I should probably say I prefer a game with stacks of character customization, not just here is your class now go play. If you want music, go download some of the mp3's from EVE Online. Done by a legend musicaltion dude.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:08 PM   #58
Seraph

RO is a sprite based game, thats very very old. Gravity is constantly adding new hair styles, headgears, and most importantly Job Classes.

I agree, its more of a straight forward MMORPG, you pick what job class you want to become, decide on the build, and end up with an end product very similar to other people. It dosent have the awesome customization of say, WoW where you can mix and match parts of different jobs to make a truley uniqe character.

But RO2 is promising to have a similar aspect like that, and so much more. Right now I think its the only MMORPG with enough power to put a dent into WoW.

a little off topic, but sprite based games rule no matter what. Yes you lose alot of customability when you go sprites, since its ALOT harder to draw new sprites for everything than it is to make quick 3D models. But I'll never stop loving sprites, even now im working hard to get my next job class in RO. hopefully by tonight ill get enough exp, then i get to look like this!

tell me thats not a cool looking sprite
Old 03-23-2006, 01:39 PM   #59
Alexander
I speak with codes.

I love the graphics and music of RO. It's definitely the most visually appealing MMO out there (although Pre-Searing Guild Wars is a sight to behold).
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #60
SuperAngelo64
They call me "Derek G. Wop"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
Ragnarok has some great music in it.
QFT.

I actually took the sound files from RO's music to play them while playing other MMO's =).

That being said, I don't like RO, or the way it plays, it's just not fun to me. Most of the time, when playing an MMO I turn the music off entirely and have winamp running in the backround, at times soundtracks from other games (the joy that is .spc and .psf files!)
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote