The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 07-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #5926
bujeezus

Gamestop supposedly has NES Claassics coming in July 20th, so I pre-ordered 1 for the wife. Also picked up a Fractal Define Meshify C case that should be delivered today. Woot!
Old 07-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #5927
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Octopath Traveler!

https://i.imgur.com/WgxCWhj.jpg

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:41 AM   #5928
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I was just at Walmart today and... lol... they had a shit ton of NES/SNES classics on their shelves. Even 20 extra NES controllers.

So I really hope scalpers bought them like crazy, I only got a 2nd one to mod and put on roms.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #5929
bujeezus

Wifey's NES shipped today. I told her they sold out so it will be a nice surprise in a few days.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #5930
bujeezus

I finally caved and bought something I've wanted since they came out, a GTX 1080!
Old 08-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #5931
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
I finally caved and bought something I've wanted since they came out, a GTX 1080!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:51 AM   #5932
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

just when nvidia are going to come out with their next gen cards too
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #5933
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Yeah, but there are some insane 1080 deals right now. You could get new 1080s for 370 shipped yesterday.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:58 AM   #5934
bujeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zechin View Post
just when nvidia are going to come out with their next gen cards too
Yeah I know. I coulda saved a little more if I'd waited but I probably would've talked myself out of buying it by then. Lol! I couldn't pass up $400 for a 1080.

Out of curiosity, just went and checked and the card I bought shot back up to $500!

Now they are up to $570. Wtf?

Last edited by bujeezus; 08-30-2018 at 06:53 PM.
bujeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #5935
bujeezus

Picked up Prey, the DLC for the 1st Dishonored and Death's Gambit this week.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:55 PM   #5936
bujeezus

Dead Cells
Old 09-01-2018, 01:45 AM   #5937
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I got dead cells, too for the Switch.
I like the game, the gameplay is great, but it's stupid easy and stupid hard all at the same time. The entire game itself is really easy. I can do it without getting hit till the last boss and then he gets cheap hits on me. he's only hard if you have a bad set up for weapons.

Feels like they should have put in more passive things in the game and the scrolls I think are kind of stupid cause you can only choose one to power up out of the 3 types of weapon styles. I rather it just pump you up without the choosing thing and instead of finding them, I would only have it the enemies drop it. I know some do drop it, but you can tell which ones can, I mostly want it this way cause I find it boring that you actually can just run through the entire game without fighting anyone but the bosses.

And the timed doors piss me off, these type of games, I always love getting everything and killing everything.

For my birthday, my brothers got me a Spider-man drone and a Spider-Man suit. Which is pretty cool. Makes me look like Don Cherry ahah.

https://www.opposuits.ca/spider-man.html
Old 09-01-2018, 03:35 PM   #5938
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
I got dead cells, too for the Switch.
I like the game, the gameplay is great, but it's stupid easy and stupid hard all at the same time. The entire game itself is really easy. I can do it without getting hit till the last boss and then he gets cheap hits on me.

https://www.opposuits.ca/spider-man.html
This reminds of of Dust. A great game but there wasn't really any challenge till the last boss at which point I had to throw everything I had at him. Glad I had a ton of healing potions and whatnot.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:51 PM   #5939
spider-prime

I can almost beat the last boss on the hardest difficulties with the crappiest items. But, it's so tedious I just let myself die. lol

So far, I found that fast crit items, shield with lots of damage reduction, on the shield and for yourself on the same shield, wolf trap and ice grenade are the best. I like the frantic sword the most for this, with all the damage reduction, having 50% health is easy to maintain to do lots of crits.

I opened my drone today..... holy shit these things are hard to fly lol it's like it's attracted to walls.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:01 AM   #5940
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Bought Dariusbust Chronicle Saviours for ps4 with all the dlc now that it was on sale. Didn't know how much I missed the shoot em up genre after I barely managed to finish the first freaking level.

It's awesome to hear on the song Defeat the oppressive Freedommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The Battle Garegga 1st lvl theme remix is excellent.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote