The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 12-20-2006, 02:28 AM   #1
Alucard

Upcoming HUGE List of games for 2007 + 2008

This is pretty much a redone version of the other one thats stickied in this section. I'm going to leave that one there for a while yet incase anyone feels like clicking in it and seeing whats already out that interests them. This new list is redone and has alot of new ones and alot of others removed that came out already. Theres still a couple in the list thats out like Call of Juarez for example. Make sure to go to the very bottom of the page as thats when the genre sections finally come to an end. Theres some awesome titles listed here.

http://au.gamespot.com/pages/forums/...ic_id=24525221

Last edited by Alucard; 05-18-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:43 AM   #2
B.B. Gambini
Banned

well 98% of those games looked pretty boring, but this one caught my eye

The Lost Crown: a Ghosthunting Adventure
B.B. Gambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:04 AM   #3
Alucard

You're pretty boring
Old 12-20-2006, 04:14 AM   #4
flowForth
Programmer

Some really nice and interesting games in there - good timing too, I'll be upgrading to a better PC soon enough next year.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:23 AM   #5
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Ancient Wars: SPARTA - Looks good.
SuddenStrike3 - **** yes!
ENOSTA: Discovery Beyond - pretty hawt lookin
Warhammer Online - PLZ PLZ NOW??
Cassius Pearl - a must have.
Crazy Machines - about time.
They Hunger: Lost Souls - Mmmmmmm BRAINS!!
The Tomorrow War - DA!! YA HACHO NA TAS!!
Assassins Creed - Next forum of Theif? **** YEA!
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars - ALL NIGHT LONG BABY!
Medal of Honor: Airborne Assault - a good MoH
Huxley - The reason i quit WoW.
Team Fortress 2 - MMMMmmm Sniper rifle which kills in one shot
Old 12-20-2006, 04:30 AM   #6
Alucard

Some of the adventure and rpg games are going to rock! Grey Matter, if anyones played the Gabriel Knight Series then they should be ecstatic over this one. And Drakensang: the Dark Eye is another one, from the legendary Arkania series. Theres really at the VERY LEAST 15 top class games in that list and another 20 possible top class borderline at the moment.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:10 AM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.

Hey look the sequel to Wind Waker lolololol

Look someone who can do a better job at Star Fox than Nintendo can. lololololol
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:23 AM   #8
flowForth
Programmer

Nintendo actually publicly warned the makers of WIKI over the art style bearing too much similarity to Wind Waker.

No surprise - it looks like they just outright "borrowed" the entire art style.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:43 AM   #9
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Wait.. you mean it isn't WW2? aww I thought it was.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:50 AM   #10
Alucard

Nintendo cant do stuff all if they release the game. Art still has nothing to do with it. Look at WoW copying Warhammer.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:12 AM   #11
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Nintendo cant do stuff all if they release the game. Art still has nothing to do with it. Look at WoW copying Warhammer.

Clearly you jest.

There are a few games on there that look interesting. I think there all coming to 360 aswell so Im covered. The only game I will get for PC this new year will be UT2k7 I think. Well, its the only game I will pay for anyways.

Armory Link
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:30 AM   #12
flowForth
Programmer

I think Nintendo could challenge them in court over the similarities and argue that it is a breach of copyright. I don't know how successful they would be but the WW art style is pretty quirky and distinct - even I who do not own WW noticed the similarities the first time I saw the game.

But I think Nintendo's biggest problem is the fact that WIKI's developers are based in Korea and not Japan and the laws maybe considerably different there.

In any case - it's good to see the PC platform putting up a good fight against the consoles. I think this generation the competition between PC and consoles is probably going to get fiercer. If it does - it's all good and well for us universal gamers.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:39 AM   #13
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
Clearly you jest.

There are a few games on there that look interesting. I think there all coming to 360 aswell so Im covered. The only game I will get for PC this new year will be UT2k7 I think. Well, its the only game I will pay for anyways.

I'm not sure what you mean. Unless the games mechanics plays like wind waker, then nintendo cant do a thing. The character does not look like Link. The monsters dont look like wind waker monsters. Basically just by that they cant do anything.

And I think you might be doing a diservice to alot of the games on the list by only looking at the multiplatform ones. Theres a crapload there, at least 4/5 of them that arent multiplatform. and if theres some in the multiplatform titles that interest you, this means others elsewhere will aswell since there are alot of games in the same genres and styles of the ones you're most likely interested in. Which generally means the only reason you're looking forward to those others might be because they're multiplatform.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:51 AM   #14
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

I was refering to your WoW/warhammer comment. WoW is clearly based on Diablo with the Warcraft charicters thrown in and full scale MMO.

Armory Link
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #15
Alucard

I actually meant the look and style of the game. Its LOOK is Warhammer. Just like people saying that one above looks like wind waker. Except Blizzard said they did it because they love Warhammer, and the Warhammer guys were flattered. Never see that sort of thing happen in japan. They're all too anal about their creations.