The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #241
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitsofherwomb
We got there updates on launch.
nooooo we didnt.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #242
fruitsofherwomb
False Orders Begone

as far as I know our level cap is 60, japanese use to be 50.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #243
Seraph

Our cap is 50, Motoob is locked, and we dont have half the missions/items/jobclasses that Japan does.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #244
fruitsofherwomb
False Orders Begone

Ah, i'm not close to 50 atm. :annoyed: Well. wtf was that 100mb patch thing? Annoying download.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #245
sharky~
Out Run Master!

probably glitch fixes and stuff.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #246
Vegetto
Alive

LVL 23 OMG im catchin up to angelo lolol

no chance in hell...
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #247
Pikachief
To save or to feed?

well im like lvl 32 or somethin and i also have my LVL 16 girl beast(of course) Which i LOVE!

(she's FAT by the way)

I love this game too much!!

im making a 5-star weapon RIGHT NOW!
Old 11-08-2006, 12:45 AM   #248
Vegetto
Alive

lol shes fat btw I loved that
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:25 AM   #249
Alucard

I was curious and wanted to check out what the reviews for PSU were. For some dumb reason theres hardly any pc ones, just the two consoles, so I figured the 360 should be abetter comparison. IGN gave it a 6.4 and gamespot a 6.8. I was actually expecting the game to get higher then that.

Quote:
IGN

Closing Comments
Not enough was done to the Phantasy Star Online formula for this newest title in the series to feel fresh. Simply adding new weapons and techniques, changing the environments and adding a few extras such as the bedroom isn't enough when the online RPG has become a fully blown phenomenon. Online RPGs have groomed us to expect to get a vibrant, ever changing world that is full of things to explore and quests to complete. Instead Phantasy Star Universe offers a few hub cities, cookie cutter environments and pointless missions. Even with the addictive qualities, the lack of variety in gameplay makes this one grow old quickly.

5.0 Presentation
There isn't enough support for telling players what to do or when in both the online and offline modes.

4.0 Graphics
A lifeless port from PS2.

6.0 Sound
The music sounds nice the first few times you hear it loop through. The sound effects are dull.

6.0 Gameplay
Lacking the variety to make it truly enjoyable.

7.0 Lasting Appeal
This game can be addicting, but there isn't nearly enough to see.

6.4 OVERALL
Passable

Quote:
Gamespot

Although Sega has made claims about the game's post-release support with plenty of new missions planned, the game still isn't dynamic enough to support a monthly fee. It's too bad because this game can most definitely become addictive. But at its core, this is a six-player action role-playing game that has repetitive worlds and repetitive combat. PSO fans will probably appreciate the game's new setting and its somewhat streamlined gameplay, but those changes definitely don't make Phantasy Star Universe a modern game.

Gameplay 7
Graphics 6
Sound 6
Value 5
Tilt 8

Most interesting! Ofcourse I'm going to get lynched for this as if I were the one who wrote them
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:23 AM   #250
SuperAngelo64
They call me "Derek G. Wop"

Coming from websites that gave higher marks to Lineage II...

Hmm.. not really giving a ****.

It's not a game for everyone. It takes timing and a bit more reflexes than your average MMO. If you're fine with your cliche medieval crap and point in click fests where your character repeats the same animation once per second, standing grounded in the same area while your enemy mob stands there, repeating the same animation once every 3 seconds...

Then by all means, pass over PSU.

Last edited by SuperAngelo64; 11-08-2006 at 02:28 AM.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:31 AM   #251
Seraph

another day, another negative post about PSU. those reviews and the reasons they are bashing it are so retarded its hilarious. I'm kinda tired of playing damage control cop over this game. Every single night I come home, play for a few hours having fun, then come in here to read "lol psu is teh suck". Its a fun game, sweet fanservice to PSO fans, and alot of us are having a really good time.

Anyways, Vegetto let me explain Grinders to you since you didnt seem to get it.

Grinders are what you upgrade your weapons with. Unlike PSO, in PSU grinding your weapon just a single time can add 10% to its attack power.

You cant however find or buy grinders. they must be made by your Partner Machine. In order to make them you must find synth items called "Grinder Base B" on mission or buy them from the synth shop. You then need to buy the board in order for your Partner Machine to know how to make them.

Once your PM has the board inserted, and you have the Grinder Base, just synthisise your grinder. Its 100% success rate as far as im aware.

Now, depending on how good your Parter Machine is depends on the quality of Grinder you get. The quality is noted by a +# after the Grinders name. So the Grinder B+5 I sold you was pretty good quality. The quality affects the success rate that your weapon will grind without breaking.

Now there is a chance your weapon will break when you try to grind it. The higher you try and push yoru weapon, the higher the chance of failure becomes. This is why High quality Grinders are important. If your Grinder+1 has a poor chance of working, use a Grinder+5 and the chance will improve.

I used four GrinderB+5's on my spear tonight. Now its a Halbert+4. Any questions?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #252
Pikachief
To save or to feed?

Yes i grinded my vullzie like 3 times with B+5 and some other weapons too! I got rich today by selling a 5-Star Srowd and a megaline armor! (I owe my friend 12000 :annoyed: )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto
lol shes fat btw I loved that
yea but just because my characters fat i get sssooooo many guys on me!! Its not that more guys like fat chix, its that guys like fat chix MORE.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:46 AM   #253
SuperAngelo64

I decided I'm not going to invest in grinding until S rank weapons come out.

I might not do the best damage on the playing field, but I'm useful for you guys to lug around as a "Boss killer"
Old 11-08-2006, 02:48 AM   #254
Seraph

Buy Grinders from me. 1K a pop for a 10% increase to your weapons power per use. Not bad if you ask me, and since beasts are filthy with luck you will be able to grind any of your weapons to +4 safely as long as you have that goldstar luck.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:54 AM   #255
SuperAngelo64

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph830
Buy Grinders from me. 1K a pop for a 10% increase to your weapons power per use. Not bad if you ask me, and since beasts are filthy with luck you will be able to grind any of your weapons to +4 safely as long as you have that goldstar luck.
Yeah, but don't I still need my mag to grind it? What are those counters for in the back, like in the Yohmei shop? They're always warning you about grinding and breaking your weapon, can I get it done there?