The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #16
Northeastmonk

I've only been playing The Witcher Enhanced so far. I've had minimal trouble. A thunder storm shut off the power, my monitor's camera install disc wont run right, and it froze during my 4 hour play time of witcher. But those probably aren't reasons to complain just yet.

G4's reviews of the Alienware, AVADirect, and Digital Storm made me go to Digital Storm. They have a nice 3 year warranty and DS even pays for labour if you want to send it back for upgrades.
http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/gadg...PC-Review.html

The top cord was caught in the fan when it first arrived. I called because it was making a terrible noise. I didn't realize to check those things. lol

Last edited by Northeastmonk; 06-25-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #17
Alucard

Witcher has a couple bugs in it that will crash teh game. But really 4hours is pretty good playtime by anyones clock.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #18
Northeastmonk

What a relief.

Specs: majority of parts are from Digital Storm certified I guess, the only box I got was for the EVGA. As you can tell from my gallery.

Case: Antec Ninehundred Two w/ Internal Blue lighting
Processor: Intel i7 920 2.66 GHz
Motherboard: EVGA X58 LE Edition SLI
Memory: 6GB DDR3 1333MHz
Power: 750W (the extra $100 for the power supply ontop the $60 for liquid cooling didn't sound that great)
HD: 500GB 7200RPM
CD drive: DVD+R 20x, CD 48x
Video Card GeForce 285 1 GB
Total: $1939 exact

Only things I upgraded were the video card and memory. Customer rep requested I upgrade my memory for gaming. He insisted no sound card bc motherboard sound works perfectly. I about commented back about what I've learned from Alucard but I was lost in thought by that time. He also shut me down on the 900 series bc of the SLI feature. If you purchase from Digital Storm, make sure you know what you want first. Sometimes I felt like he was calling me "man" a lot and giving me the works. $100 off promotion from ordering it on the phone. That might change, I don't know.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/gamingcomputers.asp

Last edited by Northeastmonk; 06-24-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #19
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Alucard, does your PC have internal colored lighting?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #20
Alucard

I would of demanded a larger hdd for the price you paid. And yeah, while onboard soundcards ARE good, they still dont compare to a proper soundcard which also boosts game performance a bit and adds way more sound channels. Mind though you wont be able to really appreciate that sound unless you have excellent headphones or sound system. Thats still one beast of a system.

Yes I do have internet lights. The Antec case has built in LEDs with the front two fans. Its not really that bright. Oh, and my ram has lights too. But thats for diagnostic stuff.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote