The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Alucard

Devil May Cry 4 pc enhancements

Quote:
Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that the highly anticipated PC version of Devil May Cry 4 is ready for release this summer. Devil May Cry 4 is already a certifiable hit in the console world, having shipped over two million units worldwide since its European release in February. A demo of the game will be released for PC players before the retail version ships, allowing PC gamers to try the game ahead of time as well as testing their system’s prowess with the included benchmark mode. The PC version of Devil May Cry 4 will feature new modes, enhanced graphics options and some additional content. Devil May Cry 4 has been rated 16+ by PEGI.

Good things come to those who wait as PC owners will benefit from having more modes and more visual customisation options to help enhance their demon-slaying action. Turbo mode will turn up the action to insane speeds, while Legendary Dark Knight Mode will harness advanced PC processing power and fill the screen with an unbelievable number of enemies for extra difficulty. Moreover, familiar enemies from the console versions will show-up in new locations in the PC version. The high resolution screen settings allow the cut scenes of the game to run at up to 120 frames per second (up from 30 frames per second in the console version of the game). Slider options are available to manage various visual effects seen throughout the game. Devil May Cry 4 for the PC will have both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 modes and will also be compliant with the Games For Windows program.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38...re-Than-A-Port

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38...PC-Screenshots

More screens if you're interested in the game.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
murray
<insert witty motto>

The only thing that would make this game better is if they replaced the two main characters, i dont care what with, two planks of wood would be preferable to the emo idiots it features currently. Dont get me started on getting to the end of the game with Nero and then having to get all the way back to the start with Dante, going through the same levels again and fighting the same bosses again, it was sooooooo lame
murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
Alucard

Why did you bother finishing the game if you didnt enjoy the characters or half the actual game because of repetition? I mean thats the whole reason I dont play this series.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
calintz
thank you based god

true... tho i wouldn't call Dante emo...

and i don't know why ppl play games right to the end, then complain - if i don't enjoy a game, i stop - i don't like wasting my time...
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Kiryu1985
Communist

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray View Post
The only thing that would make this game better is if they replaced the two main characters, i dont care what with, two planks of wood would be preferable to the emo idiots it features currently. Dont get me started on getting to the end of the game with Nero and then having to get all the way back to the start with Dante, going through the same levels again and fighting the same bosses again, it was sooooooo lame
I don't know why some people think dante is emo, its not like he cries or anything, he makes everyone else cry though, all he does is whoop ass, and except in a few scenes so do does nero.

By your definition Ryu Hayabusa is also emo, I mean come on he turns into a freaking bird and fly's away like its nobody's business!

With that said, I didn't terribly enjoy DMC4... no replay value and too much backtracking, and dante felt like a guest character rather than a fully playable one. No Doppler ganger mode also sucks
Old 04-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
Northeastmonk

This version looks so much better then the console version.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #7
murray
<insert witty motto>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Why did you bother finishing the game if you didnt enjoy the characters or half the actual game because of repetition? I mean thats the whole reason I dont play this series.
See the "Do you finish all the games you buy" thread

...i do
murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
Alucard

I canunderstand finishing games just because you started them. I guess DMC4 isnt terribly long either. I used to try to finish every game I touched, untill I realised my list of games was getting bigger and bigger and I didnt have time to waste on finishing games I was not enjoying anymore.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #9
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

But PC gaming is dead guys.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #10
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

Can't wait for the demo
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #11
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I'm iffy. Capcom can make some killer games, and PC versions sound like a even better win, but then came along Re4...
Old 04-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #12
Chronos
fuggit

hopefully this version will correct some flaws of the console version, like no extra costumes and two pointless extra game modes.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:06 AM   #13
calintz
thank you based god

nothing a DLC can't fix...
but... why bother with PC versions? Surely there's not much money to be had in this...
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 AM   #14
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Why not? Just cause they don't release platinum editions on PC don't mean they don't sell in platinum numbers. Some kind of money has to be made or else they'd never bother.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:54 AM   #15
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

mods mods mods....

Oh you mean for Capcom.... Money is money. This is their new business plan. They develop engine that'll work on all three. Release on consoles, make you guys bug test, then us PC people get it 6 months later (thanks to piracy mostly; japanese hate it).

Fuck that PC gaming doesn't make bucks jab too. PC constantly has people who are upgrading their systems and buying games they were interested in earlier, but didn't get a chance to play. PC games sell steady (all be it lower numbers) for a lot longer than consoles. This alone makes it a smart move for Capcom.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote