The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-31-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
Alucard

C&C3 expansion info

Quote:
Electronic Arts Inc. today announced that Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath, the expansion pack to the critically-acclaimed and fan favorite, Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, will feature Natasha Henstridge (Species trilogy) and Carl Lumbly (‘Alias’) in its all-new, high-definition, live action video sequences. Henstridge and Lumbly will be joined by veteran Command & Conquer actor Joe Kucan, who originated the role of Kane, the megalomaniacal leader of the Brotherhood of Nod. All three actors are at the epicentre of the Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath story which will span 20 years – from the rebirth of the Brotherhood after the Second Tiberium War through the dramatic events of the Third Tiberium War and beyond.
“Natasha and Carl are a perfect fit for the live-action video sequences that will bring our epic story to life,” said Mike Verdu, General Manager of EALA and Executive Producer on Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath. “We had great success with the cast and story for Command & Conquer 3, and I’m very excited to be working with such talented actors on the expansion pack. We’re doing something really unique with the campaign this time around – and I think fans will be thrilled to see how the story unfolds.”

Live action cinematics have become one of the hallmarks of the Command & Conquer series dating back to the original Command & Conquer in 1995. In addition to the trademark live action videos and multi-decade campaign, Kane’s Wrath introduces six new sub-factions and a wealth of new units, structures, and powers to the armies of the Global Defense Initiative, the Brotherhood of Nod, and the enigmatic alien Scrin.

Developed at EALA, Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath will ship in Spring 2008 for Windows PC and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system.
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/35...CNC3-Expansion

WTF did they do to Kane! His bishi face!!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Robokane. Live-Action scenes will still suck.

I like Michael Ironside but geez.. EA need to hire some liveaction directors and get the actors not to read off cue cards (that's what it seemed like anyhow) in C&C3.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:22 PM   #3
Alucard

Thats how the live action scenes are supposed to be. They're awesome because of this.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
Chronos
fuggit

i don't know why everyone hates on the live action sequences of c&c3. They're pretty decent imo. it's like ppl think that you can't have live action in a videogame...
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I don't mind live action, but if your gonna get well known b-actors you may aswell do a decent job.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:25 PM   #6
Chronos
fuggit

Fuck that. I liked it. It was different and imo pretty well done.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
Alucard

Its meant to be done out the eyes of the character you're playing. They cant do dramatic multiple camera angles because of this reason.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #8
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Well that's all fine and all but...
Old 11-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #9
Alucard

Any film no matter what actor or script will look a little dodgy with just 1 camera. But thats how the story and game series is so thats what we're given. I wouldnt want them to change it ever.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #10
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
NEVAR!! Whats.. wrong with kane...