The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 02-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #16
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

i wish with zone alarm they actually tell you thaty even when its not running it becomes your defualt port access,

i was going through windows firewall and going absolutely nuts for ages, bf not working, firefox, not working, mirc not working- every problem was due to zone alarm- even when i switched it off-

but now i know- ZA needs to actuall include a program that lets you open ports through it.

edit- duh just realised it does!! damn it but i had no idea it was affect my PC when off still the same. these are some powerful programs and intrusive too-

atleast nowhere near as much as norton.

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:57 AM   #17
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionetteKazuk
You're too late gambini, I downloaded it a good while ago. It isn't bad and it isn't good (pc-cillin). but for some damn reason I had to uninstall the antivirus part of my mcafee to install pc-cillin, so I said screw it and got rid of it, anyways my antivirus was doing better anyways.
Dude, you're only supposed to have 1 virus scanner running on your system. Otherwise you get problems. And security wise, pc-cillin is already a better scanner then mcafee any day of the week.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #18
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Apparently it's not if I had got viruses when I had pc-cillin instead of mcafee, which is why I had switched back to mcafee. And I did have only 1 virus scanner. First I had mcafee, then I was going to install pc-cillin and it said I would have to uninstall mcafee to install pc-cillin, so I did.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:44 AM   #19
Alucard

I'm not following... Why didnt you kist uninstall mcafee and put on pc-cillin and see how things go? I'm pretty sure it uses less resources.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:25 AM   #20
Reko8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Dude, you're only supposed to have 1 virus scanner running on your system. Otherwise you get problems. And security wise, pc-cillin is already a better scanner then mcafee any day of the week.
ah crap...ok well I wont run 2 anymore, thanks for that info Alucard
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #21
Vegetto
Alive

I always had 2 running too... O.o
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:15 PM   #22
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
I'm not following... Why didnt you kist uninstall mcafee and put on pc-cillin and see how things go? I'm pretty sure it uses less resources.
I already said that I uninstalled mcaffee and then put on pc-cillin. But pc-cillin wasn't workin' good for me so I switched back.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #23
Alucard

What was it actually doing?