The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 09-08-2005, 02:52 AM   #1
Seska
Slurp

Age of Empires III Demo out NOW!

Go get it, bitches! http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=28055

Quote:
Posted on Wednesday, September 07 @ 15:29:43 PDT
Age of Empires III is set in 1500 A.D. and chronicles the Age of Discovery that started around the time that Columbus discovered the new world. The single player campaign follows American history up through 1850, and in multiplayer mode, you'll be able to choose from among eight different civilizations, and there will include free-for-all and team-vs-team matches for up to eight players. The demo includes single player skirmish mode and two missions in the single player campaign. In Skirmish mode you can play as the British or the Spanish empires in the New England and Texas maps.
Some screenshots in case you forgot how mind-numbingly beautiful this game is:

Old 09-08-2005, 03:15 AM   #2
ryanwho
Banned

I'll d/l just for kicks, maybe someone broke into my house and updated my computer so I could actually play a game like this on it. I wanna kill off all the native mexicans with Cortez mang
edit
yeah um none of those mirrors work, I suppose a lot of people would be trying to get it right now.

Last edited by ryanwho; 09-08-2005 at 03:25 AM.
ryanwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:52 AM   #3
Seska
Slurp

Sure they work, afer posting I downloaded it myself, no problem. One of the links on Worthplaying even takes you to a download palce where theres like 20 different mirrors to download the file from.

Edit: Just tried it again, for kicks, works fine. Use the second mirror link and grab it from one of the many servers available.

Last edited by Seska; 09-08-2005 at 03:56 AM.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
maybe you people sould sign up for fileplanet no lines +900kb/sec
Old 09-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #5
welshfreak
: )

I want this game, the rest are great, but my PC can't handle it ; actually nobody elses can either!
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #6
Seska
Slurp

Damn, jsut finished playing the demo. The game is amazing, I have never seen such beatiful graphics and detailed physics in a RTS ever. Theres something jsut incredibly satisfying about firing a salvo of cannonballs at mounted cavalry and see the cannonballs blow the riders right off their seat. The demo is pretty long too, 2 campaign levels and 1 skirmish level, not too shabby for a mere 300mb. Im jsut a lil disappointed the whole formation thing they talked about doesnt seem to be in the demo yet, or maybe I aint found it. :p

As for performance, its running deliciously smooth with all settigns cranked on max and at 1280. Then again I do have a 3500 with a 6800 GT, so Im sure thats helping.

Last edited by Seska; 09-08-2005 at 04:20 PM.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
after playing though the demo myself, playing skirmish though the first 5 ages, wow.. just gotta say wow.. its what i wanted warcraft 3 to be.. this game is like a inside battle of civ 4.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:29 AM   #8
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
Damn, jsut finished playing the demo. The game is amazing, I have never seen such beatiful graphics and detailed physics in a RTS ever.
Bah! You said this the other day about Earth 2159 or whatever its called. Damn graphics whore, keeps forgetting stuff!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:33 AM   #9
Seska
Slurp

Earth is still good, but Age tops it. You just hate the Age franchise and the Wild West, you freaking Xenophobe! Ohnoes, its about American history, immediate -40%!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:12 AM   #10
ryanwho
Banned

technically the "wild west" wasnt part of america till around when it started to peter out, hence the whole "wild" aspect to it. So its ok to like games from there
I do, even the-especially the sucky ones. Favorite time period of anywhere ever. Am I rambling? Uh anyway.
This thing ran slow as hell on my computer cus my computer is ass. What I saw of it was pretty, but it mine as well of been a slide show where the picture changes every half second.
ryanwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:46 AM   #11
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
Earth is still good, but Age tops it. You just hate the Age franchise and the Wild West, you freaking Xenophobe! Ohnoes, its about American history, immediate -40%!!!
Pffffft! So big deal, I never was interested in the whole cowboys and indians thing. Give me medieval Europe or ancient Japan any day!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:26 AM   #12
Seska
Slurp

Well the campaign supposedly spans 3 generations of a pioneer family, from the age of Discovery till the Posti-Imperialistic age of the Gold Rush and the Wild West. From what Ive played, its a heck of a lot of fun.

To Alu-baby: Japan, MEdieval Europe, BAH, all that stuff has been done to death in Storonghold, the Total War series, AOE1+2, Empire Earth, Cossacks.. for the love of god, how many more stupid MEdieval european/asian warfare games do we need? Only thing worse than that theme is WW2. :p
Old 09-09-2005, 12:00 PM   #13
Alucard

They're done to death cause they actually involved proper armies. Indians and cowboys were just people on horses with mainly guns. More depth in army tactics please! And the era was disgusting and brown, and I hate that colour to death.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:05 PM   #14
Seraph
>:3

Should I bother downloading it? Is it fun like the first 2? I didnt like Warcraft3 very much, does this one feel like an age of empires?

I didnt think my computer could run graphics like this, but after playing Doom3 on High, at max res, im a bit more of a beliver.

Speaking of doom3, dang im a woos. Every 5 minutes something scares the living crap out of me and i throw my mouse across the desk.

Last edited by seraph830; 09-09-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #15
Decado

Damn. How I wish a good developer could get 1/4 of the budget this game had and make a turn-based strategy/tactical game.

I detest RTS titles.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote