The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 12-01-2004, 02:17 AM   #1
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

World of Warcraft questions??

I'm planning to get WoW ASAP. But before I do i wanted to know a few things before i get it:

1. How much does it cost a month?

2. Can you have more then one character on one account?

3. Is the battle system like FFXI where u can only fight one monster at a time or can u fight like 4 at a time?

(>^_^)>
ChaosX721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 06:48 AM   #2
Alucard

You'd get your answers much faster and in more detail if you hopped over to the WoW website and checked their faq. The first question I can only guess and judging by the way things are going lately, no more then $14.99. Every mrpg you can have multiple characters. Square were just retarded in making you pay extra for more. God knows who thought that up but they need to be smacked across the head. As for battles, you can fight as many that run at you. Obviously you can only focus on one at a time but you can click on whichever one you want to smack around. Hint, more monsters come at you, faster death arrives.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:15 PM   #3
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Every mrpg you can have multiple characters. Square were just retarded in making you pay extra for more. God knows who thought that up but they need to be smacked across the head.
AHAHAHAHA ture. But thanks Alucard, it looks like u couldn't stay away from here after all.

(>^_^)>
Old 12-01-2004, 10:41 PM   #4
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

15 bucks a month

8 characters per server 20+ servers, no extra fee (though on Pvp servers only characters from 1 team)

I usually find i can solo 2 mobs at once everytime. AOE spells of some classes mean they fight 4+ at a time. This game has you fight whole groups at a time, sometimes solo. In a full group sometimes u fight 8+ tings at once though it normally is around 3 guys that are 2+ lvls higher then u and elite.

Oh yeah, Best MMORPG ever, you should buy
Old 12-02-2004, 06:53 AM   #5
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosX721
AHAHAHAHA ture. But thanks Alucard, it looks like u couldn't stay away from here after all.
hehe. Only back because of that birthday thread that went up for me. If it werent for that I wouldn't have bothered.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #6
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
hehe. Only back because of that birthday thread that went up for me. If it werent for that I wouldn't have bothered.
SURE! u know u come here once in awile with your name hidden and look around to see how the forums are going

(>^_^)>
Old 12-15-2004, 10:08 AM   #7
qing256

the mobs you fight depends on your class really, I mean a priest, druid or a mage wouldnt even try to take on 2 mobs at the same time, cause it means certain death to them. Warrior, paladin, rouge can take on 2 or 3 at a time depends on the level. 2 to 3 lvs higher one at a time. 3 to 5 levels lower 3 at a time (I beat up 4 lv30 yesterday XD)

this game is definitly worth the money, best one ever out there!!!
qing256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 07:08 AM   #8
Newtype

Sometimes you get lods chasing you, If anyone played open beta as night elf you might remember the quest where you go into a cave to get some relics or something like that. My friend (who was in my party) rushed in and he came out with like 7 of these bear things chasing him and other ones outside started chasing him as well. Obviously he's an idiot but it was really funny if you watch it at a distance.
Newtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:32 PM   #9
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Bah ..Blizzard manage to screw EU gamers even in the p.c world. Noticed that game sites reports the game won't work in EU (except England). Went to even Ebgames and "no shipping outside of the USA".

EU will get it on January 15th. But I think i'll pick it up somewhere in the summer months. Have Guild Wars to play first as I have already thrown hours into the game and made a guild etc etc.
ATMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #10
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

If u Like PvP Get this instead of EQ2
Old 12-17-2004, 06:18 PM   #11
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

First Alucard comes back, now ATMA. See no one can leave these forums. Welcome back!(If you are really going to stay as long as Alucard)

(>^_^)>
Old 12-18-2004, 12:40 AM   #12
Reko8

yo can some1 like post the system requirements for this game. I really I want to get it but my current PC blows and im planning to get a new one sometime in march. I want to know what I need for a comp to play this game. The WoW site aint working for me so I need these things...thanks!
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 02:54 AM   #13
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

800 MHz or higher CPU
256 MB or more of RAM
32 MB 3D graphics card with hardware transform and lighting, such as GeForce 2 or better
4 GB or more of available hard drive space
DirectX? 9.0c or above
A 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection

But I think thats the lowest. The highest to run it good i think is:

1.2 GHz CUP
512mb of RAM
64mb Video card

(>^_^)>
Old 12-19-2004, 08:57 PM   #14
1337haxxor
Banned

why does it need so much ram? I say my friend playing WoW on his computer and he has like 2 Ghrtz, 512 ram and a 128 video card with 10 m/sec broadband internet connection and it was laggy.
1337haxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:03 AM   #15
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337haxxor
why does it need so much ram? I say my friend playing WoW on his computer and he has like 2 Ghrtz, 512 ram and a 128 video card with 10 m/sec broadband internet connection and it was laggy.
It needs ram because of all the people running around, the dozens and dozens with just as many different armour/weapon/race differences. You can store all these textures, aswell as the landscape and buildings and enemy AI and heaps of other stuff, all at the same time. But the more you CAN store, the less your computer will have little spastic attacks loading up more when it tosses out older stuff to put in the other 20 people who just ran past you with other items and armour etc. You get the idea. Thats why populated cities kill.